Marantz PM 6006 vs Yamaha 300 vs Norge 2060 UBT

Marantz PM 6006 vs Yamaha 303 vs Norge 2060 UBT

• Marantz

• Yamaha

• Norge

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yogesh

No Where Near to where I want to be yet...
Which one would you go for?

Marantz seems to be a quality IA. Yamaha has higher rated Output plus BT & Music Cast. Norge is also no dud with price advantage & Made in India.

How is Clarity & Imaging of Yamaha compared to Marantz? It seems to have everything else going for it. How does Norge compare with this two?

People who have heard these may weigh in with their experience.

A few other FMs ( @sh0080 @shinshya and more) are also looking at similar setup. Valuable inputs of FMs will help us all.

P. S. I have no way of auditioning these at my place.

Last edited:
I have used Marantz in past & currently using Norge Concerto Gold 1000 . I'm falling in loving with Norge everyday, as someone rightly mentioned its Indian NAD ;)

I would recommend go with Norge 2060/Norge Concerto Gold 1000 & invest in good external DAC. Backed with local presence for any technical support / service is definitely +ve too.

I see that when someone queries for musical AVR, Often Yamaha AVR referred. But when it comes to IA, people seldom refer Yamaha. Here also, I see 2 votes for Norge but zero for Yamaha.

I wonder why?
Yamaha IA which I heard sounded on leaner side than Marantz.Norge generates good power and control over speakers.Marantz will sound more audiophile like.Try to demo the exact combo which you like to buy.
AVR is a different story as you have subwoofer to take load of bass.Yamaha and Marantz sounds more musical than other brands.But IA is totally different way ,so opinion changes.

I see that when someone queries for musical AVR, Often Yamaha AVR referred. But when it comes to IA, people seldom refer Yamaha. Here also, I see 2 votes for Norge but zero for Yamaha.

I wonder why?
Vote depends on what that particular person is familiar with.
E.g: My vote is for Marantz
Cheers,
Raghu

I have not heard the mentioned Norge nor Yamaha models but I like the Marantz roll off of the higher frequencies which make the overall music sound sweeter & less harsh. I have heard some other Yamaha, Onkyo, Pioneer & Denon models years ago. Found Marantz more suited for my tastes .

I have heard the following amps/avr : marantz pm 6006, CA 651A , Onkyo/Yamaha/Denon AVR . I prefer the Marantz PM6006 for longer listening sessions , as Nitin mentioned it aids in fatigue free listening for longer durations. Have used it with both 3020i and Concept 20 and they match really well.

So, It's Marantz among the three. What would you guys say if NAD 3020 (Old One) were to be thrown in the mix?
That is a classic. Never goes out of vogue.
If you get a well maintained unit it's worth a try.

Like marantz, nad has a mid/vocal bump. Keep this in mind.
Both are good for easy and long hours of listening.
If you lean towards a lively presentation, you can get bored with them very soon.

Cheers,
Raghu

Marantz's PM 50** & 60** are underpowered, are good only for bookshelf speakers.
Interesting observation! Could be the reason why my PM6006 (or SR6013) can pump out addictive quantities of bass through my Evo 4.2s, KEF Q350s and BA A26s but have next to no bass and weak lower mids on my Quad S5s which are decently large floorstanders and also 6ohm speakers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back