Marantz PM 8000 or Nad C352 and Monitor Audio RS 6/8 or Quad 22L Speakers

ajay124

I am trying to decide between the two stereo amps and the two floor standing speakers.Would appreciate more information/opinions.

Hi:

From my side, the NAD C352 and the MA RS6/RS8, excellent synergy - warm sound meets forward sound. The result, fatigue-free listening.

Getting cheap, I guess, RS6/RS8?

:)

Hi Ajay,
The chioce depends upon your musical taste. I have NAD 355 BEE and RS1. The combo is very very good if you like NAD sound. Very clean sound along with good bass and reasonably good midrange & treble. In Marantz midrange & treble are more rich and musical. But bass is not good as NAD. Both the speakers and amplifiers are very good for different reasons. It will be better if you carry your own CDs and have a long long listening session. Don't decide based upon what we are saying. Good luck.
Regards,
Partho.

I am trying to decide between the two stereo amps and the two floor standing speakers.Would appreciate more information/opinions.

hi ajay
i have the rs6 and the nad c272. excellent match. the vocals are very involving, good sound separation, clean though slightly rolled off highs. definitely no listening fatigue. the bass is a little laid back which is a characteristic of the nad. they;re easy speakers to drive but if you want to pump it up you might need the nad c375.

Last edited:
Hi! Have you ever auditioned Klipsch RF62?How do they sound with the Nad/Marantz amp's.My interest is 100% for music only.Western classical and Jazz.Are you aware of the current best prices for the speakers/amp's mentioned in this thread?

Hi:

From what I know, Klipsch, does its duty well for HT setup. For your 100% music, pls don't let your sight off from MA and Quad speakers. Why don't you audition the RS6 or 22L2 ?

I am planning to audition Quad 22l2 next week.For the MA RS6 I have still not found a dealer in Delhi.How about the Dynaudio Audience 72?Would the Marantz 8000 or the Nad c372 or the Primare I 30 work well with these speakers?

Never heard Dyn/Primare/NAD combo, so can't comment. I doubt you will get RS6 now, may be one pair left somewhere, but you can audition the new MA RX6 and go from there.

Hi Ajay,
quad 22l2 is really a good one but you need a good amp to get the maximum out of this. I have audioned quad 22l2 and rs6 side by side and i will definately move towards quad.

If the MA RS 6 at the discounted price are all gone then so be it. No regrets.I prefer to take my time and audition Quad and Dynaudio and various Amp's before I take the plunge.I have decided to dispose off my entire older set up and slowly build a new one.

If the MA RS 6 at the discounted price are all gone then so be it. No regrets.I prefer to take my time and audition Quad and Dynaudio and various Amp's before I take the plunge.I have decided to dispose off my entire older set up and slowly build a new one.

RS6 are still available at the discounted prices.. contact Audio People..for the audition though it would be chennai/bangalore/mumbai.. not available in delhi..

I dont think Audio People will sell their product in a huge discount. may be you will be getting 20% off from their fixed price ( if they have any fixed price ) , i was quoted various prices when i went to audition the RS 6 in their showroom. Their Monitor Gold was much better then the Silver series, Talk with Jalal or Shahul and see if you can get a discount in the Gold series. those speakers are worth. Also dont miss the Quads and Proac.

I dont think Audio People will sell their product in a huge discount. may be you will be getting 20% off from their fixed price ( if they have any fixed price ) , i was quoted various prices when i went to audition the RS 6 in their showroom. Their Monitor Gold was much better then the Silver series, Talk with Jalal or Shahul and see if you can get a discount in the Gold series. those speakers are worth. Also dont miss the Quads and Proac.

you are absolutely right on the fixed price part..
i was given 3 different MRPs for RX6 during the 2 month period starting from 1st week of Dec to mid Jan..in the ascending order that is :)

I will be auditioning the Quad 22l2 before deciding on any other speaker.After extensive research on audio forums from India,U.K.,U,S,A,New Zealand,Canada etc. the Quad is one of the few sub 1 lakh speakers for which EVERYONE has a good word.Every other speaker has been trashed by somebody or the other.
Audtion on Quad 99/909 combo Amps and Marantz PM 8003
CD's I will use for auditioning-
Jazz
John Coltrane- A Love Supreme/Live At Birdland
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue/Bitches Brew(jazz/fusion/rock)
Coleman Hawkins and Ben Webster- Encounters
Charles Mingus - Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come
Thelonious Monk - Live at the It Club
Billie Holiday- Greatest Hits
Motown/R&B
Isaac Hayes - Shaft
Marvin Gaye- Greatest Hits
Flamenco
Paco De Lucia - Essentials
Rock
Phil Ochs -There But for Fortune
Bob Dylan- Biograph
Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps
Jimi Hendrix- Greatest Hits
Cream Live. The only rock group I still love! (Most of the bands I used to admire in college I now find a little boring--Beatles,Rolling Stones,Who,Led Zep,Pink Floyd,Santana,Doors, Jethro Tull,Dire Straits,Eagles Etc.)
Soul
Ray Charles-Greatest hits
Aretha Franklin-Greatest Hits
Western Classical
Beethoven- Symphony 5 & 9
Schubert-Symphony 8
Mahler - Symphony 5
Bach - Brandenburg Concertos
Mozart - Piano Sonatas 9 &11/Requiem
Paganini 24 Caprices
Bizet - Carmen

Last edited:
I will be auditioning the Quad 22l2 before deciding on any other speaker.After extensive research on audio forums from India,U.K.,U,S,A,New Zealand,Canada etc. the Quad is one of the few sub 1 lakh speakers for which EVERYONE has a good word.Every other speaker has been trashed by somebody or the other.
Audtion on Quad 99/909 combo Amps and Marantz PM 8003
CD's I will use for auditioning-
Jazz
John Coltrane- A Love Supreme/Live At Birdland
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue/Bitches Brew(jazz/fusion/rock)
Coleman Hawkins and Ben Webster- Encounters
Charles Mingus - Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come
Thelonious Monk - Live at the It Club
Billie Holiday- Greatest Hits
Motown/R&B
Isaac Hayes - Shaft
Marvin Gaye- Greatest Hits
Flamenco
Paco De Lucia - Essentials
Rock
Phil Ochs -There But for Fortune
Bob Dylan- Biograph
Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps
Jimi Hendrix- Greatest Hits
Cream Live. The only rock group I still love! (Most of the bands I used to admire in college I now find a little boring--Beatles,Rolling Stones,Who,Led Zep,Pink Floyd,Santana,Doors, Jethro Tull,Dire Straits,Eagles Etc.)
Soul
Ray Charles-Greatest hits
Aretha Franklin-Greatest Hits
Western Classical
Beethoven- Symphony 5 & 9
Schubert-Symphony 8
Mahler - Symphony 5
Bach - Brandenburg Concertos
Mozart - Piano Sonatas 9 &11/Requiem
Paganini 24 Caprices
Bizet - Carmen

wow. thats a lot of cds:)

Indian distributor/importer for Roksan Kandy L111/K2? Phone numbers/ address please if anyone has them.What is the current best price for Yamaha AS 700/AS 1000, Nad C375/Nad C372 and the Roksan Kandy's? Best paring with Dynaudio 122's?

Last edited:
I have listened to RS6 and Quad 22 in one session with Cyrus CDP and Amp.

My tastes are Indian classical, Indian film and a bit of Pop. I liked Quad.

I somehow did not like any of the MAs that i listened to - BR2, RS1, RS2 and GS10.

jai 1611. What were they quoting for the AS 1000/AS 2000?And why the stock
sale?Is the AS series being replaced?

They didnt have the AS1000/2000. They said the distributor had a lot of stock which wasnt moving so he had given all the dealers demo pieces and was offering attractive discounts on purchases. No idea if its being replaced or not or whether the discounts apply to the higher models in the series as well.

Back