Marantz pm5005 or pm6006 for monitor Audio Bronze 5 tower

Rkroshankale

Hi friends,

Please suggest which model I should go for Marantz 5005 or 6006 . I have monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers.

I mostly used to listen to jazz music.

Regards

Roshan Kale

If you ask out of these two I would say marantz pm6006 is better.Best is if you can get creek evolution.
Flute

Neither to be honest will do justice. Better options are there but it also depends on what your budget is.

What is the option i can go till 40 K

I already had Yamaha RN602 but due to Bluetooth issue I replaced it and now planning to going with marantz.

About Cambridge Audio I came to know there is no proper service available and parts are difficult to find so no to Cambridge.

I don’t have much knowledge any leads is much appreciated.

Regards

Look at preowned options - see for sale thread here for some options, my humble suggestion

My marantz pm6005 drive Wharfedale 9.5 (less sensitive 86db) effortlessly. Bass is very good.
I recently (around an year back) purchased pre owned pm8004 which is entirely different, may be it is laid back and very descent for long listening sessions.
On the other side 6005 is very dynamic and definitely lacking the details.
So my suggestion would be save more and go for 8005 so that you can restrain from upgrade itch.
It's my opinion after an year.

monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers has a high level of sensitivity - 90 DB . So if u are going to listen to music at moderate volumes then Marantz PM6006 should be able to drive it .... in case u have a habit of listening to music at high volumes or u have a large room ...then go for a amp in the range of 70 to 100 watts i.e Marantz PM8005 would be an option . or in case of budgetary constraints ...check out pre-owned amps or Norge amps

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back