Marantz PM5005 Query

From what I have read after scouring on the internet is that the Mission LX-2 does pair well with the PM5005. Problem is I can't go out for auditioning in these peculiar times. I am partially vaccinated now and until I get fully vaccinated not taking unnecessary risks (already had COVID in April this year). I might just do a blind buy or hold off for the moment.

I came across this thread here on HFV where the FM paired his LX-2 with a Marantz Receiver (SR6009) and was very pleased with the results:

If you are looking for upgrading your speakers, Have a look at Indiq Diamond/Platinum Mishra BS as well. These are quality and sensitive speakers, especially Diamonds have a great sensitivity. 5005 would merrily drive them. Search for Indiq reviews her eon HFV itself. Current favorites.

From what I have read after scouring on the internet is that the Mission LX-2 does pair well with the PM5005. Problem is I can't go out for auditioning in these peculiar times. I am partially vaccinated now and until I get fully vaccinated not taking unnecessary risks (already had COVID in April this year). I might just do a blind buy or hold off for the moment.

I came across this thread here on HFV where the FM paired his LX-2 with a Marantz Receiver (SR6009) and was very pleased with the results:

I extensively heard the pairing of a Marantz Nr1509 combined with a Mission QX2 during my visit home earlier this year and it was absolutely delicious. Since most marantz AVRs and budget amps have the same marantz signature house sound so i daresay the LX2 should pair well with the PM5005 though i haven’t heard that exact combo.

Finally I got to hear the LX2 MKIIs, it was paired with a Marantz SR5009 AVR, a HT setup.

But I loved them, they sound great, they have great midbass and bass. Nice warm sound. Highs are just perfect, not over sparkly. Played songs with Active CT10 through Bluetooth, even the owner was surprised over the quality of songs it can play through Bluetooth.

Have you decided on which ones to get or we are still confusing you :p

@Black_Hawk as far as I understand, you are looking for bluetooth receiver for casual listening from Tab or Phones and for playing high resolution lossless files, you already have a PC and DAC (KTB). The options from Ifi or Auris suggested by our FMs are very good with descent DAC, but for casual use you can get any cheaper options from amazon and you will not feel much difference for playing lossy mp3s or from youtube etc. I know there are guys still using old Logitech bluetooth receiver, they are not even on latest bluetooth version.

Btw, what you mentioned in the post is a bluetooth transmitter not receiver.. but you need a bluetooth receiver only.

I was thinking about getting a MI 4K Box and perhaps hooking that up via a 3.5mm to 2 X RCA Male cable to my Marantz PM5005? That way I can install Spotify, TuneIn Pro on the MI Box and stream audio from it. What's your take on this my friend?

I was thinking about getting a MI 4K Box and perhaps hooking that up via a 3.5mm to 2 X RCA Male cable to my Marantz PM5005? That way I can install Spotify, TuneIn Pro on the MI Box and stream audio from it. What's your take on this my friend?
Check out this thread

Why not use a DAP? I am using a Activo CT10 which is connected to a tube pre amp by RCA to 3.5mm, has line out option and voltage selector too. It sounds phenomenal, tube Pre amp is connected to a power amplifier and speakers.
I can control the DAP Activo CT10 through phone, including Tidal and internal FLAC. Not sure about Spotify but will try this today. The Dac on this device is decent.

Why not use a DAP? I am using a Activo CT10 which is connected to a tube pre amp by RCA to 3.5mm, has line out option and voltage selector too. It sounds phenomenal, tube Pre amp is connected to a power amplifier and speakers.
I can control the DAP Activo CT10 through phone, including Tidal and internal FLAC. Not sure about Spotify but will try this today. The Dac on this device
Can you please check if you can control Spotify, Gaana, Amazon, Apple etc from phone.

Also, AFAIK CT10 can't do MQA unfolding. Can you confirm please?

Yes it will work. I have set this up for a friend, and it works perfectly.

For better sound quality, I would suggest you use a better DAC then what is in the MI box.
Use th eoptical out from the MI box, and connect to a DAC which accepts Optocal in.
Then you can use the audio out from the DAC to connect to your amp.

This can be done later - ie step 2. To start with, you can use the audio out from the MI box.

Check out this video :

Can you please check if you can control Spotify, Gaana, Amazon, Apple etc from phone.

Also, AFAIK CT10 can't do MQA unfolding. Can you confirm please?

Spotify can be controlled, amazon can be installed. Other services are not supported.

Yeah no unfolding but MQA is available.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back