Marantz PM6007/6006+netwrok streamer

sand87ch

Hi,

Was on the lookout for AVrs but due to Yamaha issues and lack of non 4K gear in the market i guess i will go stereo way as of now.

The PM6007 /6006 looks good but whats the diff btw the two and if i buy them which network streamer can i use with it to stream using airplay and bluetooth?
Seen the Yamaha WXC series but too costly.nything lower to satisfy the network streamer need?

For network streamer within 10K - Aries Blume HD is highly favoured by many FMs here - it includes inbuilt DAC but you can bypass it if your amp has digital inputs.

I personally use a lower priced Yamaha YBA 11 (no DAC) which is fantastic value for money. It’s discontinued now.

Last edited:
Try Pioneer N30/50... though they have inbuilt dac..it can be bypassed throigh digital outputs... on the other hand if ypu just need to have streamer then why not use ur phone as a streamer and get ifi zen blue dac instead?

Try Pioneer N30/50... though they have inbuilt dac..it can be bypassed throigh digital outputs... on the other hand if ypu just need to have streamer then why not use ur phone as a streamer and get ifi zen blue dac instead?
elaborate pls.ifi zen dac??want to pair the amp to my bookshelves

elaborate pls.ifi zen dac??want to pair the amp to my bookshelves
Let me put it this way... if your primary source is going to be a streamer.. either through airplay or bluetooth then u do not need to buy a seperate streamer... use ur phone/ipad as the source.. for amp and speakers I am taking that it is already sorted for you.. now the question comes how to add bluetooth to ur amp.. either buy a cheap logitech bluetooth receiver, which sounds mehh, or get ifi zen blue dac.. it accepts LDAC or higher bandwidth bluetooth connection and thus is "hi-res". The good thing is that it has dual purpose... can act just as a bluetooth receiver and you can connect the digital out from it to your amp or use as a receiver as well as dac, which is pretty good imo, and connect the analog out to amp. Either ways u are sorted. Also it costs you around 12K. So that not expensive as well. Take a look on google/youtube.

Let me put it this way... if your primary source is going to be a streamer.. either through airplay or bluetooth then u do not need to buy a seperate streamer... use ur phone/ipad as the source.. for amp and speakers I am taking that it is already sorted for you.. now the question comes how to add bluetooth to ur amp.. either buy a cheap logitech bluetooth receiver, which sounds mehh, or get ifi zen blue dac.. it accepts LDAC or higher bandwidth bluetooth connection and thus is "hi-res". The good thing is that it has dual purpose... can act just as a bluetooth receiver and you can connect the digital out from it to your amp or use as a receiver as well as dac, which is pretty good imo, and connect the analog out to amp. Either ways u are sorted. Also it costs you around 12K. So that not expensive as well. Take a look on google/youtube.
apologize for my ignorance but unless the ifi dac has airplay can i use airplay to say play songs from gaana or spotify to the amp via this ifi dac?

For airplay what are you using?
so actually when i was using my yamaha rxv-685 it had airplay enabled.planning now to take the 6007 or 6006 of marantz which doesnt have any networking leave alone airplay.i want to use airplay via iphone to stream it to the receiver via streamer or dac.really ignorant about the streamer and ext dac part,thats why this confusion

Last edited:
so actually when i was using my yamaha rxv-685 it had airplay enabled.planning now to take the 6007 or 6006 of marantz which doesnt have any networking leave alone airplay.i want to use airplay via iphone to stream it to the receiver via streamer or dac.really ignorant about the streamer and ext dac part,thats why this confusion
Ok then go for this ifi zen blue.. that would be my recommendation.. I am using it with my ipad and phone to stream spotify and tidal.

Ok then go for this ifi zen blue.. that would be my recommendation.. I am using it with my ipad and phone to stream spotify and tidal.
whats ur set up?same? and is this conparable to the yamaha rn803d?also shall i connect optical from tv to the amp directly?

will it have the same clarity as airplay??i guess airplay is over wifi and hence uncompressed compared to bluetooth
Well spotify has max resolution of 320kbps.. so dnt think it would matter.. also ifi supports LDAC or aptxHD which support upto 990kbps.. so compression should not be an issue here, unless u have high volume of dsd files.

whats ur set up?same? and is this conparable to the yamaha rn803d?also shall i connect optical from tv to the amp directly?
Following is my setup.. pioneer elite N30>schiit modi 3>marantz pm5005>diamond 225| samsung s8/ipad>ifi zen blue dac>marantz pm5005>diamond 225.

Regarding how it compares to yamaha.. cant say as i have not tried it.

Following is my setup.. pioneer elite N30>schiit modi 3>marantz pm5005>diamond 225| samsung s8/ipad>ifi zen blue dac>marantz pm5005>diamond 225.

Regarding how it compares to yamaha.. cant say as i have not tried it.
any dac cum streamer available with airplay that you are aware about other than the yamaha wxc

The Aries Blume HD has Aptx HD. Not sure about Airplay. What advantage does it have over Bluetooth streaming on iPad (that I currently do with my Yamaha BT streamer ) ?
Check out Amazon India reviews.

Last edited:
any dac cum streamer available with airplay that you are aware about other than the yamaha wxc

Check these @sand87ch

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back