Marantz PM8005 or Cambridge CXA80

When i audition cax80 with tannoy xt6f, zensor 5, elac ub5, klipsch rp260f.
Out of all tannoy was best, infact superb.

when you auditioned all speakers that you mentioned are working effortlessly with cxa80 in high volumes?

As we always say round here. Our hearing and musical taste is a very personal thing. What might be awesome for me, might be poison to you.

That is why auditioning is compulsory. My amps are bang on neutral. And one of my speakers is bang on neutral and the other is slightly warm sounding. So those are my personal preferences :)

in most combinations of richer sounds can see monitor audio and dali are paired with cx series amp.

Haha...yeah..as I mentioned before richer sounds owns the brand. And hence they slightly tend to push the sales. Dali are not bright per se. But that is only if they are played firing straight ahead without toe in. Once toed in they can sound bright too :)

Infact Dali advise against toeing in their speakers. As you can see there are lots of variables.

Yup actually i have purchased marantz 6012 this year using it only for stereo, auditioned all the speaker for that.
but after hearing cax80 i was like, did i made a mistake buying an avr!! cax80 was super with all the speaker specially with zensor 5 and tannoy, vocals were just soo good in tannoy i played 1 song 3times bass was good tannoy was very detailed and imaging was best.
I also auditioned elac amp but it was no competition for cax80.

Yup actually i have purchased marantz 6012 this year using it only for stereo, auditioned all the speaker for that.
but after hearing cax80 i was like, did i made a mistake buying an avr!! cax80 was super with all the speaker specially with zensor 5 and tannoy, vocals were just soo good in tannoy i played 1 song 3times bass was good tannoy was very detailed and imaging was best.
I also auditioned elac amp but it was no competition for cax80.
Yes, one thing is that i realised, a stereo amp is must for clean and detailed two channel music listening..from AVR is something missing for stereo music listening..

Yes i also realized after properly auditioning cax80 , even in stereo vocals are full, warm and beautiful.
Even an avr is good with it in stereo but not compared to integrated amp.
i will also love to hear 8005 soon.

Yes i also realized after properly auditioning cax80 , even in stereo vocals are full, warm and beautiful.
Even an avr is good with it in stereo but not compared to integrated amp.
i will also love to hear 8005 soon.

Thanks for sharing your experience lalit...

I would always rate first hand experience more important than my passing listenings here and there.

Not a good combination. Very bright. Heard it. The XT8f I don’t think are available in India anymore. You can’t use an amp that costs half the price of the speakers. The speakers demand a more powerful amp. Do justice. Else get smaller speakers and use the cx80.
I was looking at various Indian AV websites, Tannoy XT 8f is not listed anywhere. Could anyone please confirm where they are no longer available in India?
I haven't spoken with any AV dealer yet, though. Thank you.

I was looking at various Indian AV websites, Tannoy XT 8f is not listed anywhere. Could anyone please confirm whether they are no longer available in India?
I haven't spoken with any AV dealer yet, though. Thank you.
My apologies. Had to correct a typo.

I am using a Marantz 8005 extensively for about two months now and I find it to be an extremely capable mid-ranger, with good finesse and control and enough grunt to give you the punch if you have capable speakers.
As with any amplifier or speaker and at any price point the synergy between the two is the most important factor. In my opinion the Marantz is a better amp than the CA 80, take with with a pinch of salt though, I own it and do suffer from owner's bias. More so because I am quite happy with the Marantz.

I am using a Marantz 8005 extensively for about two months now and I find it to be an extremely capable mid-ranger, with good finesse and control and enough grunt to give you the punch if you have capable speakers.
As with any amplifier or speaker and at any price point the synergy between the two is the most important factor. In my opinion the Marantz is a better amp than the CA 80, take with with a pinch of salt though, I own it and do suffer from owner's bias. More so because I am quite happy with the Marantz.
Did you auditioned cxa80?

Did you auditioned cxa80?
Yes I did, not with my speakers though as the combo was not available. I went through two pretty nice auditions of CXA80 and Dynaudio Emit M20, the CA did well in its own right but the Emits needed better.
As pointed out earlier the CAs match great with Dali, when paired with Dali Zensors the output was really good.
I somehow feel Marantz pairs better with different sorts of speakers. You really need to listen to both to decide.

Yes I did, not with my speakers though as the combo was not available. I went through two pretty nice auditions of CXA80 and Dynaudio Emit M20, the CA did well in its own right but the Emits needed better.
As pointed out earlier the CAs match great with Dali, when paired with Dali Zensors the output was really good.
I somehow feel Marantz pairs better with different sorts of speakers. You really need to listen to both to decide.
I am planning to pair CXA80 with Monitor Audio Bronze 6...I think it will be a nice pair..i had used PM7005 earlier, it was very good amp and i know the Marantz sound signature. and also i auditioned Bronze 6 and i liked it a lot, majority of other FMs and from other forums think CXA80 is anyday better than PM8005,

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back