Marantz PM8005 or Cambridge CXA80

I am planning to pair CXA80 with Monitor Audio Bronze 6...I think it will be a nice pair..i had used PM7005 earlier, it was very good amp and i know the Marantz sound signature. and also i auditioned Bronze 6 and i liked it a lot, majority of other FMs and from other forums think CXA80 is anyday better than PM8005,
CXA80 could very well be better than 8005 or it may not, I paired my speakers with CA Azure 550 before and it was not a great match, very bright for my liking. So CA was not really in my consideration.
Do listen to any combination before you part with your Gandhijis! :)

@sunand777 In general, the Marantz sound is a lot more laid back & smoother sound signature than Cambridge, especially in the treble area.
My friend used to own a CX80 paired with Focal Aria 926, good and punchy sound no doubt, but the setup had a tendency to get strident in the highs on certain tracks.
My only experience with Marantz Integrated was a PM6005 paired with the ELAC UB5, very smooth sound, but a less defined bass, and less of a wake me up sound than the Cambridge.

Both amps are good, end of the day its all about system synergy.

I am also used PM6006 and CXA80 earlier and recently sold that great amp. for detailed and punchy stereo music CXA80 is the best.

I am also used PM6006 and CXA80 earlier and recently sold that great amp. for detailed and punchy stereo music CXA80 is the best.
Hi nagbbv. I want to know your thoughts on Marantz PM6006. How is this amp compared to Cambridge & Its rivals.

Congratulations. Did the amp give you what you wanted with those speakers ? Do let us know your impressions along with pictures of the our setup.

MaSh

Thanks Mash, Yes i finally settled with this combo , its using more than one month now, superb pair with the sound output of what i wanted...Very neutral with warm side, relaxed sound, suitable for long hours listening without any ear fatigue., I am very happy and satisfied customer of this combo, i like it very much this flagship Cambridge amp and Tannoy speakers..

DZASDA.png

Last edited:
Rega - lots of good reviews .. anyone heard the amp? How does it compare with Marantz... Can the 50 W amps drive the speakers like MA well?

Thanks Mash, Yes i finally settled with this combo , its using more than one month now, superb pair with the sound output of what i wanted...Very neutral with warm side, relaxed sound, suitable for long hours listening without any ear fatigue., I am very happy and satisfied customer of this combo, i like it very much this flagship Cambridge amp and Tannoy speakers..

View attachment 32792

Oh that's great. There is no better feeling than the feeling of great music.

Tannoys? I guess I missed that post. I thought you still had the Bostons. Good decision that is.

MaSh

He he congratulations. Looks more like a slip of mind than post. I see I posted on that thread. Great combination.

MaSh

View attachment 32792
Hi Sunand. I like to say that someone has written somewhere in anyother post that, WhatHiFi reviews are paid reviews. Don't buy products according to there reviews. WhatHiFi has given these Tannoy XT-8F 5 stars. And you are also saying that these speakers are wonderfull. So what is your take on this. Do you also think that WhatHiFi gives paid reviews & that one should not buy according to them??

Do you also think that WhatHiFi gives paid reviews & that one should not buy according to them??

Regardless of whether What Hi Fi review are paid or not, it is beneficial to use them as a guide. With almost anything we buy today, we look for a review or an initial impression from someone about the product. If an audio reviewer ranks a product highly, I would say that it is well worth an audition, if you can get one. It is a different thing if you end up liking it or not.

You could also go to places like Stereophile or 6 moons for a more comprehensive review for a product. However; they tend to cover the mid to extremely high end range of products.

Hi Sunand. I like to say that someone has written somewhere in anyother post that, WhatHiFi reviews are paid reviews. Don't buy products according to there reviews. WhatHiFi has given these Tannoy XT-8F 5 stars. And you are also saying that these speakers are wonderfull. So what is your take on this. Do you also think that WhatHiFi gives paid reviews & that one should not buy according to them??
From my experience , Tannoy XT8F is superb and great speakers and its very true as per whathifi review..also its pair well with my CA Azur 851A amp and sounds very good , dont know about paid reviews and other things....

Regardless of whether What Hi Fi review are paid or not, it is beneficial to use them as a guide. With almost anything we buy today, we look for a review or an initial impression from someone about the product. If an audio reviewer ranks a product highly, I would say that it is well worth an audition, if you can get one. It is a different thing if you end up liking it or not.

You could also go to places like Stereophile or 6 moons for a more comprehensive review for a product. However; they tend to cover the mid to extremely high end range of products.
Hi Sandeep. I understood what you said. & yeah, stereophile & 6 moons cover mid to high end products. So WhatHiFi is the only guide to us. But what exactly you think of WhatHifi? Are there reviews genuine ?

Certainly they are but most of the time they favour British brands. There are certain British brands like Tannoy, Monitor Audio, Cambridge Audio,Quad etc have great product and universally accepted for better performance.

So WhatHiFi is the only guide to us. But what exactly you think of WhatHifi? Are there reviews genuine ?

It is not the only guide. There are several. Stereophile, Sound and Vision, HiFi Choice, Sound Stage Access, 6 Moons, Stereo - The German Hi Fi Magazine, etc.

What Hi Fi keeps it simple. It is a magazine after all so they keep their review short and to the point. Some of the other reviewers who are primarily online have the benefit of covering a lot more detail about the equipment and experimenting with different music. It gives you better perspective on how a product performs. Most established online reviewers usually have the product for much longer too.

I also follow Steve Guttenberg on You Tube as he covers a wide range of topics and products at different price points.

It is not the only guide. There are several. Stereophile, Sound and Vision, HiFi Choice, Sound Stage Access, 6 Moons, Stereo - The German Hi Fi Magazine, etc.

What Hi Fi keeps it simple. It is a magazine after all so they keep their review short and to the point. Some of the other reviewers who are primarily online have the benefit of covering a lot more detail about the equipment and experimenting with different music. It gives you better perspective on how a product performs. Most established online reviewers usually have the product for much longer too.

I also follow Steve Guttenberg on You Tube as he covers a wide range of topics and products at different price points.
Ok. I just wanted to know from you that, should I buy products according to WhatHifi reviews? Or Should avoid them?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back