Marantz SR6005 opinions

Congrats on a modest but nice and neat setup... the second image seems to be rear surround and not front right :confused:

Also why the sub is toed in... any specific reason? nice stopper arrangement for the door... have you done any acoustics? how ever, hang a thick drape on that glass door.

Try to mount the CC immediately below the screen to minimize the the horizontal distance with front LR speakers... then you can remove the extra piece of cabinet by shifting the AVR.

What is the size of the room? also post images of the seating area.

Cheers!
Thanks Hydrovac for pointing out... it is rear right surround, keen observation there :eek:
The sub must have been moved while cleaning the room... I have set it back.
Actually it is a swing door operable both ways... i put a stopper to prevent the door from hitting the speaker when opened inwards.
Haven't done any acoustics... just some wooden paneling... partial wooden flooring, and want to hang thick drapes on rear window and entry door.
The CC position is optimized for future big screen placement. As the original cabinet is only 12 inch deep, i made an extension which is permanently fitted to it.
Room dimensions are 18' X 14'

Hi
I would suggest you keep the Blu Ray player in the shelf below which is above the AVR.....the center and subwoofer does most of the work in a movie and there could be vibrations emitted from the center speaker which may move or shake the player.....
That is where i intend to place the BDP. Will do it while cable organizing.

looks good!
Thanks.

good set up. congrats.. keep them coming. where did you get the mounts?
Thank you... pl see post#11 for wall mount source.

Few more images of the HT room.
87SIo86.jpg

sk9TxjT.jpg

Lkt0AQy.jpg

8KhC8as.jpg

0llLuXI.jpg

GFSqxbD.jpg

TaflqhO.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice and clean set-up. Which is the dealer that you got the stuff from? Let me know once you finalize the projector screen. I have been using the wall for more than a year as a temp set-up but my go for a screen soon.

Happy watching!

The CC position is optimized for future big screen placement.
Room dimensions are 18' X 14'

GFSqxbD.jpg

That explains! I should have guessed it when you said big screen... so, are you going to wall mount a pull down screen which drops in front of your TV?
Have you provided a projector mount and cables?

The room dimensions seem to be acoustic friendly with the wooden paneling and flooring.

Is that a spirit cabinet... if yes, we would like to see a pic when it is loaded, up and running...;)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Very nice and clean set-up. Which is the dealer that you got the stuff from? Let me know once you finalize the projector screen. I have been using the wall for more than a year as a temp set-up but my go for a screen soon.

Happy watching!

Thanks rikhi,
I got the gear from different sources... Home Cinema (kukatpally), Avis Electronics and from a private sale. I am looking out for a used projector and screen for the time being.

Have you provided a projector mount and cables?

The room dimensions seem to be acoustic friendly with the wooden paneling and flooring.

Is that a spirit cabinet... if yes, we would like to see a pic when it is loaded, up and running...;)

Cheers!
I have provided a projector mount and required cables... yes, the audio is clean without any echo/standing waves (crossed to sub at 80Hz) and is dishing out big sound :)
Will sure extend an invite while spirit cabinet inauguration :D

Projector mount:
BdTUNlM.jpg

lYXrGRD.jpg

Dear Flat_Listener,
Your posts suits the exact same requirement as me... I recently moved to Hyd and pretty near to your location, RR Dist. Quthbullapur.
I am more from Bangalore spending few years there and hence not much idea around Hyd.

Looking for an upgrade (Prev. owned --> Onkyo HTS S3400). And here are my components ordered so far....
1. Polk Audio Book Shelf Surround Speakers TSX220B.
2. Polk Audio Centre Speaker TSX250.
3. Polk Audio PSW125 12" Sub-Woofer.

Recently bought the Pioneer AVR 930-K & Pioneer BDP-180.

Now I need help in selecting the shops around Hyderabad where I can get some Demo and good Floorstanding Speakers, Which I will be getting tomorrow in case if any of you help me today.
The Lack of stock of Andrew Jones SP-FS52 Tower Speakers and problems in shipping has tested my patience... Now just looking for some good Tower Speakers within 20-25K. Currently eyeing Yamaha 8390.
Also I need a decent Audio Cables for my HTS, preferably 14-16 Guage... Where to get these...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, Congratulations on your Setup, Very Neat & Clean. It is always preferred to keep a separate room for HTS setup unlike most of us Indians who keep their Main Hall as the Setup.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back