Matching equipment with Klipsch Forte III Speakers

If you can, skip EVO and buy the previous model. It’s cheaper since it has been discontinued. I don’t think EVO brings anything special to the table. It’s their way of increasing price :)
I checked with Absolute phase only EVO series is available on order. Previous ones are discontinued.

Ok. If you are open to getting it from abroad, suggest get a used one. Cost will be lower

Ok. If you are open to getting it from abroad, suggest get a used one. Cost will be lower
Indian price is bit higher than abroad say Dubai and Europe. There is one dealer in Belgium who ships free all the orders above Euro 3K. I can visit him but bit scared of customs hassles.

Account for 50% as custom duties. If you have your paperwork in place, it’s not an issue. I suggest whatever you buy, get used.

I don't believe you're allowed to import used electronics. At least, not officially.

Don't know with regard to the current scenario but I had imported a used FireGL graphic card worth Rs. 23,000/- from the U.S years back in 2000. I had gone through an agent who had done it through an import license. The value of the product should be mentioned by the seller.
Its better to do the ground work here first finding out the formalities before placing the order abroad.
I had a bad experience with the customs with the same & ended up paying around Rs. 43,000/- for a used card which was almost the price of a brand new card & not to mention the number of trips to the customs warehouse.
I guess formalities may have eased a bit now or unless if you are going through a company like FEDex who may take care of the customs.

@Vivek Batra
Are there any special requirements to drive these speakers?
Specs wise they seem to lend themselves to low power amps (tubes included).
Apart from Lyrita, there are a bunch of FMs who dabble quite a bit in tube amp DIY.
Maybe you can borrow something to insert into your rig and get a feel for the overall sound.

The brands on your radar are difficult to source in India.
From abroad, it will entail customs, etc.
Widen the search, consider local & used. Look at mass market pre/power combos too.

Cheers,
Raghu

@Vivek Batra
Are there any special requirements to drive these speakers?
Specs wise they seem to lend themselves to low power amps (tubes included).
Apart from Lyrita, there are a bunch of FMs who dabble quite a bit in tube amp DIY.
Maybe you can borrow something to insert into your rig and get a feel for the overall sound.

The brands on your radar are difficult to source in India.
From abroad, it will entail customs, etc.
Widen the search, consider local & used. Look at mass market pre/power combos too.

Cheers,
Raghu
Hi Raghu

No there ain't any special requirements to drive these speakers. They are quite efficient with 99db sensitivity. From all the reviews and videos that I have come across, if one goes with tube any amp more than 25 wpc is good for Fortes and Solid State amps any amp with first 10 watts on class A should be good.

Indian price is bit higher than abroad say Dubai and Europe. There is one dealer in Belgium who ships free all the orders above Euro 3K. I can visit him but bit scared of customs hassles.
Dubai Audio deals in Prima Luna

hope you have written to Adil

I am reasonably sure they will have NOS - old model stocks

I have heard Prima Luna twice there for an hour each time.

They do maintain inventories..

BTW - did you look at the Thailand link ?

OK. So looks like you are homing in on tubey or Class A sound.

What was the sound signature when you demoed them?
What was it paired with at the dealer?
Does it require some taming on the HF/Horns?
Does it require tight control on the 12" active driver?

No comparison with what you have, but for example ...
My R300 behaves better with amps that reasonably control the LF range.
Also, any amp that can tame the shrillness of them aluminum tweeters pair well with these speakers.
Are you thinking along these lines?

Edit: Any special concern at impedance dips, if applicable.

Cheers,
Raghu

Dubai Audio deals in Prima Luna

hope you have written to Adil

I am reasonably sure they will have NOS - old model stocks

I have heard Prima Luna twice there for an hour each time.

They do maintain inventories..

BTW - did you look at the Thailand link ?
Yes you are right Dubai Audio has Prologue premium. I guess entry level models and they do not ship overseas. Confirmed by Adil. So piggy back or self pick up are the options from Dubai.

OK. So looks like you are homing in on tubey or Class A sound.

What was the sound signature when you demoed them?
What was it paired with at the dealer?
Does it require some taming on the HF/Horns?
Does it require tight control on the 12" active driver?

No comparison with what you have, but for example ...
My R300 behaves better with amps that reasonably control the LF range.
Also, any amp that can tame the shrillness of them aluminum tweeters pair well with these speakers.
Are you thinking along these lines?

Edit: Any special concern at impedance dips, if applicable.

Cheers,
Raghu
There is a long story behind this. In short I have not demoed the Fortes just buying those as I have no other choice and have strong belief they will be much better than RP 8000F.

Yes you are right Dubai Audio has Prologue premium. I guess entry level models and they do not ship overseas. Confirmed by Adil. So piggy back or self pick up are the options from Dubai.

Self pick up is best

Go morning... Return next day

Audition yourself

Likely no customs issues since personal baggage

Regards

Self pick up is best

Go morning... Return next day

Audition yourself

Likely no customs issues since personal baggage

Regards

Fully agree with that option. Probably one may walk out without any duty if you are lucky. Vivek if you are willing to wait till Feb/March next year, then during the Dubai shopping festival you may get a very good deal especially with the slightly older models.

There is a long story behind this. In short I have not demoed the Fortes just buying those as I have no other choice and have strong belief they will be much better than RP 8000F.
I have followed your earlier threads and do empathize with what you went through.
If the Fortes are to a replacement for the earlier Klipschs, please hear them out and play with them for a bit.
After which you can put serious money down on the "right" amplifier.
Find out the speakers' strengths and shortcomings first.
Buy or borrow a stopgap amp to assess what these boxes can do for you in your listening space.
Cheers,
Raghu

Paging @Fiftyfifty ... OP is looking for opinion on Cary Audio.

Regards

Cary make great products but I personally have had a poor experience with their service. I've mentioned the issues I had in a separate thread on this forum. But considering that you can audition the products in Bangalore, definitely worth a listen. If you can get satisfactory assurances from the distributor, Cary may be the way to go.
Best wishes

Cary make great products but I personally have had a poor experience with their service. I've mentioned the issues I had in a separate thread on this forum. But considering that you can audition the products in Bangalore, definitely worth a listen. If you can get satisfactory assurances from the distributor, Cary may be the way to go.
Best wishes
In my experience no assurance has any value in India. As long as there is no service center of the brand itself, nothing works out. Distributors and the dealers won't even bother to help you when required.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back