matching speakers for Yamaha rx v377

vaidheeswaranravi

I am planning to purchase Yamaha RX V377 AVR. I have sony micro hi-fi component (CMT -NEZ5) Sterosystem which is having bookshelf speakers (with 6 ohms loads, both channels driven, from 120-10,000 Hz, rated 18 watts per channel minimum RMS power, with no more than 10% total harmonic distortion from 250 milliwatts to rated output). Can I match these speakers with the Yamaha RX v377. I am a layman in the Music system world. Kindly help me.

I am planning to purchase Yamaha RX V377 AVR. I have sony micro hi-fi component (CMT -NEZ5) Sterosystem which is having bookshelf speakers (with 6 ohms loads, both channels driven, from 120-10,000 Hz, rated 18 watts per channel minimum RMS power, with no more than 10% total harmonic distortion from 250 milliwatts to rated output). Can I match these speakers with the Yamaha RX v377. I am a layman in the Music system world. Kindly help me.

Looks like the specification that you have mentioned is for the amplifier section the micro system..

Speaker system is capable of handling 6 ohms to 16 ohms and it is a 2 way speaker system... There is no mention abt sensitivity & freq handling...

You can safely pair them with Yamaha AVR if the AVR supports 6 ohms (which i think it should)...

Yamaha rx-v477 handles 6ohm but I think power handling is way too less for the speakers. As per sony india website max 20w rms cmt-nez5 speakers can take while receiver is 70w at 8ohm with 2 channels driven. If volume is opened up the speakers might get damaged.
Check out pioneer sp-bs22 or cambridge audio s30, good budget bookshelf speakers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back