Matching Turntable with my setup?

Lifespill

Hi!

I have Focal Sopra 2 speakers and Parasound pre JC2 BP, pro JC5, with JC3+... Which Turntable to match with the setup? I like Focal soung signature and am looking for a transparent table with good depth and soundstage.. Budget between 1 to 3 Lakh. I am new to Vinyls..

It's hard to get to audition TTs hense any advice will be valuable?

Hi!

I have Focal Sopra 2 speakers and Parasound pre JC2 BP, pro JC5, with JC3+... Which Turntable to match with the setup? I like Focal soung signature and am looking for a transparent table with good depth and soundstage.. Budget between 1 to 3 Lakh. I am new to Vinyls..

It's hard to get to audition TTs hense any advice will be valuable?
With the budget , I’d go for a Rega Planar 7 with Ortofon 2M Bronze.

With the budget , I’d go for a Rega Planar 7 with Ortofon 2M Bronze.
Hey There Bloom@83..

Thanks for replying!.. Not getting any rega as of now. My dealer says that it will take at least 3 months with pre-order, that too not confirmed. I have heard recently the rega has changed Indian distribution..

Does anyone have any Rega sellers number?

Hey There Bloom@83..

Thanks for replying!.. Not getting any rega as of now. My dealer says that it will take at least 3 months with pre-order, that too not confirmed. I have heard recently the rega has changed Indian distribution..

Does anyone have any Rega sellers number?
Check with Marbin Colah - 9819257839.
No affiliation. But I’m a satisfied customer , having bought Ortofon cartridge and some other stuff.

Which Turntable to match with the setup?
I don't believe turntables are designed with certain sound signature. Thats more dependent on your front end such as Loudspeaker and your Pre, Power amplifier chain.

You can look at a Clearaudio Concept or a Pioneer PLX-1000. The former comes with a cartridge. The latter does not. A Ortofon Blue will be a nice starting point with the Pioneer. Both are fine turntables. The latter is direct drive. The former belt drive. Listening to them maybe a challenge as not many dealers (Even internationally) have them on demo. That said, you can't go wrong with either. The main plus with the Pioneer is that is offers instant speed change via a button on the panel. If you mix and play a lot of 33 and 45's, you'll find the Pioneer easier to live with. Cartridge replacements are easier managed too with the Pioneer as you swap out head shells for each cartridge you have. Off course, one has to adjust counter weight but the process is much easier. This matters only if you intend on using multiple cartridges in a setup. Looking at the phono front end you have, I think you will benefit from this.

Personally, if I had that kind of budget, I would get a TT with good mechanism (lack of better words) which gives good tone arm adjustment options for 1 to 1.5 L and plonk an Ortofon Bronze cartridge for another 50 ish. So for around 2L you would have a very good TT to begin with. Generally speaking, it's a bit fussy to change the cartridges on the Regas.

Even a Rega Planar 3 with an upgraded cart (stock cart is Elyis 2 I think) would be very nice for sometime to come. Not that the Elyis 2 is bad, again it would also depend on the phonostage in use and the type of music you listen to.

Thanks everyone for your input..

Being Audiophile is rather a lonely hobby. I am glad I have found this community :)..

What is the openion about Mofi Ultradeck as compared with rega p6 or project X2 carbon..? All 3 similar range TTs.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back