Media Player for home

prepress

I am using my Apple iPod Classic 160GB as a source, because it has huge capacity and also have screen to access the entire library easily.
Looking for another big device/media player which is able to play music from stored data (or USB HDD support) which display the song being played and should have the ability to select tracks from the screen itself. I like the concept of latest music systems in cars, is there anything similar for home audio?
I don't want to connect the TV as screen, WDTV or Airport Express. I am not sure if Logitech Squeezebox Touch will help me, I guess it needs networking with PC (as a server) and I don't want to add one more equipment in Audio Setup.

In short what I need should have
Large Screen (prefer touch because of soft press)
Good Storage
Large enough (not handy like iPod, don't want to pick up each time when using and pressing the keys)

Please share your experience if you are using something like it.

Yes there is.

Not sure if you would accept the sound quality though.

The past weekend, I was roaming around in the mall when I saw this tiny winy boombox kinda 3-piece kit from Sony. Didn't take down the model number as I wasn't interested in it.

• It had a 7 inch touch-screen.
  • It could play from USB, so I guess you could attach a 4TB USB drive to it.
  • Had a built-in DVD player.
  • Had detachable low profile speaker.
  • The whole set-up was some 50cm wide, 20cm high, 15cm deep.
  • It was wall mountable.
  • Sound quality was OK (nothing great by audiophile standards).
  • Screen view angle was gorgeous. It was placed some 2 feet below the eye-level and I could see it clearly. Brightness was good too. I saw it in a well lit showroom and didn't find the brightness lacking.
  • Price was approximately 35K. In India it should be available around 28k.
Over all a great product but don't know how best that could be used. May be in a bed-room? I guess Sony intended it to be a life-style product. Google if the description interests you. Or I can get you the exact model next time I go.

Yes, I am aware about that, that is basically a complete system but I don't need complete package as I already have Amplifier and speakers individually. I am looking to change my source only.

Yes there is.

Not sure if you would accept the sound quality though.

The past weekend, I was roaming around in the mall when I saw this tiny winy boombox kinda 3-piece kit from Sony. Didn't take down the model number as I wasn't interested in it.

• It had a 7 inch touch-screen.
  • It could play from USB, so I guess you could attach a 4TB USB drive to it.
  • Had a built-in DVD player.
  • Had detachable low profile speaker.
  • The whole set-up was some 50cm wide, 20cm high, 15cm deep.
  • It was wall mountable.
  • Sound quality was OK (nothing great by audiophile standards).
  • Screen view angle was gorgeous. It was placed some 2 feet below the eye-level and I could see it clearly. Brightness was good too. I saw it in a well lit showroom and didn't find the brightness lacking.
  • Price was approximately 35K. In India it should be available around 28k.
Over all a great product but don't know how best that could be used. May be in a bed-room? I guess Sony intended it to be a life-style product. Google if the description interests you. Or I can get you the exact model next time I go.

Yes, I was looking exactly like this. It is good and according to me Olive O3HD (500GB) would be sufficient for now as I am using it for music purpose only. Olive O3HD is available and ready to add to cart others are showing as Pre-order. It is also rated as 5 star on What Hi-Fi. The another reason to selecting it is its front loading panel instead of Top. I am searching more about it and let see if I can get it in India. Thanks!

Since Logitech has killed the Squeezebox. Probably something like this is what you are looking for http://www.olive.us/products/music_servers.html

In Delhi AV Expo, Olive is also participating there... See this link. I had plan and registered last week to visit there but unfortunately I can't attend that because of my daughter's exams.:sad:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back