Media Player Suggestion

vkhandelwal

Hi All,
I used to have Squeezebox Touch with Synology NAS. I think its time to replace the setup as the SB development has been stopped quite some time back and Synology NAS is now not performing as expected, with newer software.

I need following features
1. Playing Files from USB hard disk attached to the device .
2. Network Service streaming Apple Play, Prime music, and support for HD streaming service such Tidal etc..
3. Airplay 2 and Bluetooth Aptx HD Support.
4. Good App to control the streamer on ios
5. Custom EQ - it would be great if there is an option to apply custom eq to individual tracks. have a large library with uneven sound quality and gain.

I have been searching and reading reviews and have sorted few options
Budget is 50-60K

Bluesound node 2i
Cambridge Audio CXN V2
Denon DNP-800NE
Audiolab 6000N Play

will connect this to Marantz PM7004 with Monitor Audio RX6 ( looking for another pair of bookshelves in the speaker section ).

Please share suggestion. would appreciate help.

Thank You. Looks a good option. Sourcing of this would be an issue . Also the app and support is something which could be concern. There is limit of 1000 songs on usb too.

I have ordered directly from Arylic website ( in Mar ‘21 it took around 25-30 day’s to reach Mumbai ) & using it since last 15-20 days
App is super cool ( I use iOS devices )
1K songs limit can be a gamble ( Though not sure, I assume it might play few more, may be 10-15% Plus
Alternatively how about using DLNA ( though I am not very tech savvy in this)

I have ordered directly from Arylic website ( in Mar ‘21 it took around 25-30 day’s to reach Mumbai ) & using it since last 15-20 days
1K songs limit can be a gamble ( Though not sure, I assume it might play few more, may be 10-15% Plus
1000 songs will be less.. i have around 2000+ songs and that count is supposed to increase

Have removed audiolab 6000 for lack of ability of playing from usb and less intuitive app

left with bluesound node 2i and denon 800 as they seems to be in same price range while CA would be more expensive

any more suggestion please ?

I have been using a Bluesound Node 2 for a few months now and I really like the BluOS user interface.
It’s very stable and easy to use. Spotify, Tidal, Amazon music, and a whole selection of streaming services work non this as also a large variety internet radio stations. The built in DAC is pretty good and it also has a digital out if you wish to add a standalone DAC to the chain (I did). The Bluesound Node 2i should be a step up.

Hi, thank you for your post, I just discovered this device and I had a couple of questions of the S50 as I am looking for a similar thing to pair a sub with my active speakers. Would be very helpful for me :)
1) Does it have a high pass filter on the RCA outputs once a subwoofer is connected ?
2) If you connect the subwoofer through the sub out and connect the speakers through the RCA out, does the volume control work on the sub-out too ? (Some desktop dac's dont vary the voltage via the sub-out so it can be an issue)
3) What additional taxes/customs duty did you have to pay (if any) ?

Yet to connect SW, as satisfied with the Bass from the Speakers ( using indiqaudio LCR’s)
Fortunately Customs/Taxes etc were just under INR 1K

Hi, thank you for your post, I just discovered this device and I had a couple of questions of the S50 as I am looking for a similar thing to pair a sub with my active speakers. Would be very helpful for me :)
1) Does it have a high pass filter on the RCA outputs once a subwoofer is connected ?
2) If you connect the subwoofer through the sub out and connect the speakers through the RCA out, does the volume control work on the sub-out too ? (Some desktop dac's dont vary the voltage via the sub-out so it can be an issue)
3) What additional taxes/customs duty did you have to pay (if any) ?
Post in thread 'Marantz PM6007/6006+netwrok streamer' https://www.hifivision.com/threads/marantz-pm6007-6006-netwrok-streamer.82306/post-914604

Check this link .it was available in india. But it is
S50 Pro not the S50 pro+ model.

Atb

Yet to connect SW, as satisfied with the Bass from the Speakers ( using indiqaudio LCR’s)
Fortunately Customs/Taxes etc were just under INR 1K
Hi SMO

i am also going to order from the Arylic website. i have few queries:
- There customer service is asking me to what value to declare for custom duties ? did you declare any value like 50 USD or 100 USD or you asked them to bill at actuals?
- How did you pay INR 1K for custom/taxes? Does Arylic charges you or there is some other channel for that?
- i have heard you can not play all apps like Amazon Music on the Arylic music app? which all apps have you tried playing on Arylic. I intent to use Tidal and Amazon music

Sorry for so many queries

Regards
Sarab

Hi SMO

i am also going to order from the Arylic website. i have few queries:
- There customer service is asking me to what value to declare for custom duties ? did you declare any value like 50 USD or 100 USD or you asked them to bill at actuals?
- How did you pay INR 1K for custom/taxes? Does Arylic charges you or there is some other channel for that?
- i have heard you can not play all apps like Amazon Music on the Arylic music app? which all apps have you tried playing on Arylic. I intent to use Tidal and Amazon music

Sorry for so many queries

Regards
Sarab
Hi,
I think I told them for 50$
customs paid to courier ( ARAMEX) you need to pay them online before custom clearance
can play all popular streaming Apps, i have played Spotify, Amazon & Tidal till now & it can play many more eg Deezer, net radio etc & Pen Drive as well

Thanks !

Thanks SMO for amazingly fast reply.
2 More queries:
- Which plug you got with the S50 pro+? is it EU or US? do you need use an adapter / converter?
- I was listening to a review where they say it can decode hi res but output is limited to 44khz (16 bit)? how good is it?
- Do you face any issue - like hissing noise or something?

have plugged it in universal type plug power strip
I use Spotify/pen drive only ( not sure if it’s Hi Res)
Fortunately no hissing / hum at all

have plugged it in universal type plug power strip
I use Spotify/pen drive only ( not sure if it’s Hi Res)
Fortunately no hissing / hum at all
Thanks SMO. You are super helpful.
I also ordered from their website yesterday. There is some additional $20 discount on them currently and additional 10% discount using a code.
I bought purely on your feedback. Thanks a lot.

I did read some review where users complain of hissing when connected directly to a power amp. Anyways, will see when it comes :)

Thanks SMO. You are super helpful.
I also ordered from their website yesterday. There is some additional $20 discount on them currently and additional 10% discount using a code.
I bought purely on your feedback. Thanks a lot.

I did read some review where users complain of hissing when connected directly to a power amp. Anyways, will see when it comes :)
Thanks, I m the fortunate one no hiss nor hum ( I have paired with indiqaudio dual mono amp & diamond speakers ) , if you wish can send video recording to experience yrself

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back