mega thread for subs..

hey bros.

anyone have jl audio dealer's number

manu set your budget first as Jl will set you back for minimum 1 lac and that would be their cheapest. Mine cost me 3700 USD few months back so just keep in mind arodun 3000 USD you would need for that sub. I know a dealer in Dubai who can ship it here if you are interested. I can let you know his number.

think about it and then let me know.

regards,

manu set your budget first as Jl will set you back for minimum 1 lac and that would be their cheapest. Mine cost me 3700 USD few months back so just keep in mind arodun 3000 USD you would need for that sub. I know a dealer in Dubai who can ship it here if you are interested. I can let you know his number.

think about it and then let me know.

regards,

thanks bro i appreciate your help :),so mm how about if you ask that dealer for hsu or svs subs ,i guess we can get hsu and svs subs at affordable price
what you say :)

manu,

HSu and other subs are not yet available in Middle-East. the guy I know can deliver Jl as he is authorised dealer for Middle-East. so the answer would be if you are interested in quality bass with enough oomph then go for Jl else import the HSu or SVS. ask them to under invoice and pay some money to customs and off you go.

regards,

swat

manu,

HSu and other subs are not yet available in Middle-East. the guy I know can deliver Jl as he is authorised dealer for Middle-East. so the answer would be if you are interested in quality bass with enough oomph then go for Jl else import the HSu or SVS. ask them to under invoice and pay some money to customs and off you go.

regards,

swat

thanks bro

so do you know the prie of jl fathom 110 and 112

hey bros.

anyone have jl audio dealer's number

Hi Manu,
JL Audio's official dealer/distributor in India as far as I know was
Sebastian & Sons pvt ltd. I don't know from where they are.May be someone from our forum may know them.They definitely should be having a base in Bangalore or Mumbai as these two regions are really hot for car audio's.:D
Man You should really watch the JL Audio subwoofer Excursions in Youtube.:eek:hyeah: - Insane

Elemental Designs Subwoofer are Massive.They are quite famous in the in US.The thing is they don't have dealers in India and shipping them from abroad will be more costly than the product itself due to weight and Size.

And Bro one of my favorite sub are from Klipsch -RSW 10D and the RT 12D
RSW 10D sells around 60-70k in india.I'm not sure about RT-12D price.
RT-12D is among the elite Reference range subwoofers compared with monsters like Def-Tech Supercube reference,Sunfire, Velodyne etc...
Try to audition these if possible...

Regards,
Sam:)

Hi Manu,
JL Audio's official dealer/distributor in India as far as I know was
Sebastian & Sons pvt ltd. I don't know from where they are.May be someone from our forum may know them.They definitely should be having a base in Bangalore or Mumbai as these two regions are really hot for car audio's.:D
Man You should really watch the JL Audio subwoofer Excursions in Youtube.:eek:hyeah: - Insane

Elemental Designs Subwoofer are Massive.They are quite famous in the in US.The thing is they don't have dealers in India and shipping them from abroad will be more costly than the product itself due to weight and Size.

And Bro one of my favorite sub are from Klipsch -RSW 10D and the RT 12D
RSW 10D sells around 60-70k in india.I'm not sure about RT-12D price.
RT-12D is among the elite Reference range subwoofers compared with monsters like Def-Tech Supercube reference,Sunfire, Velodyne etc...
Try to audition these if possible...

Regards,
Sam:)

thanks bro

i have emailed element design subwoofer and will get reply soon

i 'll tell you what will be the shipping cost :)

i get the price from ed subwoofer model number ed a2 300 the price of two including shipping is around 72000 ruppees

should i go with ed sub or not

jl audio sus rock but are bloody expensive. Sound smiths can get you one in mumbai but they are over a lac and one of them is over 6 lacs!!!

jl audio sus rock but are bloody expensive. Sound smiths can get you one in mumbai but they are over a lac and one of them is over 6 lacs!!!

can anyone suggest a diy sub coz about ed sub they said not sure how much custom duties fees are here so put my hand off from ed subs and i also email venkatcr sir for helping me in choosing diy according to my need waiting for his email

can anyone suggest a diy sub coz about ed sub they said not sure how much custom duties fees are here so put my hand off from ed subs and i also email venkatcr sir for helping me in choosing diy according to my need waiting for his email

there are lots of options. check out the following brands and their drivers:

exodus audio (at diycable.com)
Audio elegance.
Creative sound solutions
Fi Audio
Mach Audio.
dayton audio at parts express

For Amps:
Dayton at parts express
creative sound solutions
O Audio.

For pro amps
Crown
Behringer

there are lots of options. check out the following brands and their drivers:

exodus audio (at diycable.com)
Audio elegance.
Creative sound solutions
Fi Audio
Mach Audio.
dayton audio at parts express

For Amps:
Dayton at parts express
creative sound solutions
O Audio.

For pro amps
Crown
Behringer

from above mentioned products which one do you think fits my need for bass below down 20 hz and how much will it cost and bro u c i'm not at all good in diy stuffs so is here someone who can make a sub for me

Last edited:
DIY subs are the best and the cost effective way to get a killer sub. As doors666 suggested you can choose the subs and the amps based on your budget. Moreover you dont have to invest in 2 subs initially, try with one and if you want more, make another one. One drawback is that the box will be slightly bigger than the commercial subs. For amps you can go for plate amps or you can try pro amps (more value for money in terms of power), but you need to invest for a good equalizer for hipass / lowpass filters. In your case, since you may go for a second sub, its better try a pro amp (do the maths for both plate amp and pro amp before you decide)

Last edited:
go for a 12" driver if you cant have a big sub. In a smaller cabinet, the 12" and 15" will give you similar performance, to get the gains of 15", the cabinet has to be big.
If you have plans for 2 subs, go for a pro amp. They will give you a lot more power and a single amp can drive two subwoofers. Your proamp will be in the rack and the subs wont need power also, connect using speaker cable.

go for a 12" driver if you cant have a big sub. In a smaller cabinet, the 12" and 15" will give you similar performance, to get the gains of 15", the cabinet has to be big.
If you have plans for 2 subs, go for a pro amp. They will give you a lot more power and a single amp can drive two subwoofers. Your proamp will be in the rack and the subs wont need power also, connect using speaker cable.

is diy a passive or active sub and how much a 15 or 18 inch sub cost and is anyone here on hifivision can make a sub for me :sad:

is diy a passive or active sub and how much a 15 or 18 inch sub cost and is anyone here on hifivision can make a sub for me :sad:

if you use a pro amp, its passive, if you use a plate amp, its active.

you can get a decent driver for starting about 150$.

at best I can help you do the design or select a pre-existing design, you need to catch a carpenter and give specs and get the cabinet done. then its just screwdriver skills needed.

first of all, seriously, you need to decide what do you want from a sub, whats your budget and how big can the sub be. There is hoffman's law to deal with, you can only get two out of these three - cost, size and peformance, not all three.

Hi Manu4Panjab,

A quick question slightly out of the way: I believe you're experiencing low or ineffective output from your sub. Have you tried using a 'Y' splitter and using both the inputs of your subwoofer? Most subwoofers would have two inputs, whereas the AVR would only have a single LFE out, so most of us end up connecting the LFE out to one of the sub inputs. Unless the sub manufacturer specifies otherwise, you've got to use both the inputs for best results. Hence the use of a 'Y' splitter, which would split the single LFE out to two connections for L & R input of the sub. This would give a +3db output typically.

regards,

Nitin.

Hi Manu4Panjab,

A quick question slightly out of the way: I believe you're experiencing low or ineffective output from your sub. Have you tried using a 'Y' splitter and using both the inputs of your subwoofer? Most subwoofers would have two inputs, whereas the AVR would only have a single LFE out, so most of us end up connecting the LFE out to one of the sub inputs. Unless the sub manufacturer specifies otherwise, you've got to use both the inputs for best results. Hence the use of a 'Y' splitter, which would split the single LFE out to two connections for L & R input of the sub. This would give a +3db output typically.

regards,

Nitin.

i'll try that method today and see what comes up :)

Back