Michael fremer's practical guide to turntable set-up

Personally, I would love to redo the arm / cartridge myself. That way I can dial it in properly. Trying to change one setting will always have an effect on other settings so it should GENERALLY be approached as a whole.

Reducing the VTF will actually make the sound a little more open and detailed. You will get a somewhat less warmth. If you are tracking at a "higher" VTF and still getting some kind of high frequency problem, then lowering the VTF could make it worse. Which leads me to believe that some OTHER setting is off. Check the azimuth as many a times, distortion problems happen when Azimuth is off. The diamond has more pressure on one side of the wall and less on the other causing distortion in the process (coming from the lesser pressurized side).

Yeah, unfortunately, these things are NOT plug and play and require some setup skills on the consumers part as well. BUT once you've learned these things, the VPI tables give you back so much you smile yourself silly when listening to music!

Hi,

I agree with Shaizada.

Mahiruha,I too feel that there is something else that may be "off" in the tonearm set up.

Tonearm/TT set up is not as complicated as it sounds,it needs a little more involvment,and understanding .

Regards
Rajiv

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back