Michael Jackson's 'This Is It' - Blu-Ray

sanjay0864

When I saw this in the theater, I had wondered, how great this is going to sound on BD. But, even I had not anticipated how great the BD actually sounds. For anyone who has even a slight liking for Michael Jackson's music, this is an absolute must own Blu-ray, for Sony has truelly provided a fantastic audio track on this BD. Ofcourse, the film/documentary itself is also very entertaining and gives an insight into what was obviously going to be one heck of a show. Oh! what I wouldn't give, to have been able to see the final, rather than just bits and pieces of what looks like an absolutely fabulous and spectacular show.

Title: Michael Jackson's 'This Is It'
Distributor: Sony Pictures - Home Entertainment
Video: AVC
Audio: DTS-HD MA
Region: A/B/C (US Release is 'Region A' only)<-- I wonder what's up with this.
MRP: Rs. 999/-

My Ratings for the BD:
Content: 4.5
Video: 4.5
Audio: 5.0
Extras: 5.0

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Last edited:
Yes I also like Micheal Jackson's Music so bought the BD of "This is IT" a week back. Since this happens to be a documentary with stage performance so the SQ is not much to my liking with some background noise which is very common with live performances is seen in this BD's sountrack too, but sometime when the Video/ Sound mixes with the Final shot footage then SQ tends to emprove a lot.
Anyways I agree with Sanjay here that anybody who is a fan of Micheal's Music should have the BD of this. One more thing when I bought this BD then nowhere it was mentioned at the back cover that it had DTS HD master audio encoding, which I realised when I played the content.

Is this available in India already? I have been waiting for this Blu-ray ever since I saw the documentary(twice) in the theater.
The Blu-Ray has been released by Sony in India and has been out for about a week now at an MRP of RS. 999/-. I personally got the BD on Friday, the 29th of January.
Although there are no technical details on the back cover, the BD has a fantastic 'DTS-HD MA' audio track. Also, the Indian release is 'Region Free' unlike the US BD, which is 'Region A' only.

cost plz in Indian Stores

EDIT :: got it thanks Sanjay

You are more than welcome. Although, usage of the 'Thanks' button, would have been even better. ;)

Need to earn it Bro.............. and anyway you loose the charm of getting one if you ask, ............... you know what I mean... :)

Need to earn it Bro.............. and anyway you loose the charm of getting one if you ask, ............... you know what I mean... :)
Don't mean to get into semantics, but I am wondering how is a typed 'Thanks', any different from the 'Thanks' button. :confused:
But, you are right on the button, no pun intended, that one needs to earn it. :)

Last edited:
Ordered my "This is it" BD on ebay India as I could not find it at Landmark yesterday. Should reach me today:yahoo:

Don't mean to get into semantics, but I am wondering how is a typed 'Thanks', any different from the 'Thanks' button. :confused:
But, you are right on the button, no pun intended, that one needs to earn it. :)

If there had'nt been any difference you would'nt have asked to click it....right.. :) ....typed THANKS should have sufficed...right....:)

If there had'nt been any difference you would'nt have asked to click it....right.. :) ....typed THANKS should have sufficed...right....:)

It is fantastic to have the "Thanks" button here on HFV. I wish the other forums also have this option.

It is fantastic to have the "Thanks" button here on HFV. I wish the other forums also have this option.

I remember one fourm having it (not giving the name), and people literally fighting over it...lol eventually the admins removed it all together

I remember one fourm having it (not giving the name), and people literally fighting over it...lol eventually the admins removed it all together
Now, we don't want that, do we? I like giving and receiving "Thanks" and would hate to lose this feature.

So, let us not talk about this topic anymore and change the topic to something else now...hmmm... ok... I have the "This is it" CD as well:)

But, you are right on the button, no pun intended, one needs to earn it. :)

You are right, for the purpose of conveying your feeling of 'thanks', the typed THANKS does suffice. But, if you are going to get into semantics, there actually is no difference between the two. Atleast, not in terms of conveying 'thanks' to someone. The difference only lies, in how the forum wants such communications to be made. The fact, that the forum has provided a 'button' for the very purpose of conveying 'thanks', means, that the forum would like it's members to use this button, rather than unneccesarily increase the post count of a thread with redundant posts of 'thanks'.
Even if we were to accept that there is a difference in the two, the statement "one needs to earn IT", would imply that there is a difference in 'degrees of thanks', between a typed THANKS and the clicking of the 'Thanks' button. If so, I would think, it is the typed THANKS, which would have the elavated status, due to it being more personal. In the normal course of things, if and when I read a post that is helpful to me, I would simply click on the 'Thanks' button. It is only when the level of help in a post, is out of the ordinary, that I would convey my 'THANKS' by actually typing it out in a post, thereby making 'IT' more personal.
I hope this clarifies my thoughts on the matter and you understand, that no offence was, or is mean't, by any of this.

Last edited:
I got my "This is it" BD and watched it last night. Thanks again Sanjay for bringing to our notice that it was available.

Watched the movie\documentary for the first time on BD and I can say I enjoyed it more at my HT that the two theater visits. The Sound quality and Picture Quality is very good except for some parts of the movie. This is understandable as this was not a planned movie. We are plain lucky that these moments were captured.

One just can't have enough of MJ. Like to quote Kenny Ortega:

"What made Michael the greatest entertainer of our generation and perhaps any... He was incharge... Technology didn't run the show. Michael ran the show. And when he stopped, you watched and you held your breath. And thats what made MJ MJ on stage and why he was different than anybody else you ever saw in concert".

Rest in Peace Michael!!. You live on in our hearts and we'll love you forever.

DSC07127.jpg

ps: picture above shot at my Home Theater.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back