Mini HiFi setup for max 25k

dhawald3

Hi there I need your help in setting up my mini HiFi setup to be connected to my laptop/PC.

the things i will need are Speakers(active/passive+amp) and a Good DAC.

how do studio monitor speakers compare with HiFi ones for music listening?
I am thinking of getting M audio Bx5 D2 which is about 16K.

my total budget is Max 25K

Please help.

hi dhawal !

am not much into audio-stuff, but i think i can recommend you just the thing ! its edirol/roland ma-15d studio monitors. these are active monitors with integrated DAC, equaliser controls on the speaker, option for sub-out, optical/co-axial ports, etc. check a little about them here :

Roland MA-15D Digital Stereo Micro Monitors - Best Buy - Studio/Recording - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - India - BAJAO - Buy and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment

hemantwaghe here at HFV has those speakers, and has written about them in quite some details here. just talk to him and see if the set-up meets your needs.

all the best !

@ the OP,

The listed suggestions are very good indeed IMHO.

Active speakers are indeed a very good way to go. Otherwise a dac/soundcard feeding a Tripath based amp, driving a pair of bookshelves of decent sensitivity and impedance load would be sweet :)

Cheers

hi dhawal !

am not much into audio-stuff, but i think i can recommend you just the thing ! its edirol/roland ma-15d studio monitors. these are active monitors with integrated DAC, equaliser controls on the speaker, option for sub-out, optical/co-axial ports, etc. check a little about them here :

Roland MA-15D Digital Stereo Micro Monitors - Best Buy - Studio/Recording - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - India - BAJAO - Buy and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment

hemantwaghe here at HFV has those speakers, and has written about them in quite some details here. just talk to him and see if the set-up meets your needs.

all the best !

Add to this USB to SPDIF converter w\- chinese one costs around US$ 20..

the topping it has no drive ( purely my opinion ) -
though i do use it as a computer amp for close listening ( basically 2-3 feet )
You can consider it for casual listening only

im not a fan of fully active speakers ( under 20k ) - or of a one box solution

neither am i a fan of lower end dacs ( i dont think they do much in budget setups)

buy this
DNM Enterprise Product
and
SCS 808 's (speakers - from the same company)

the amp is overkill for a small room or close in listening - ( if that is the case you should get either the topping or

bloody superb bang for buck for 25k
ive heard it a couple times now
ordered the speakers for my office

Last edited:
IMO you should look for a used system or you may buy a new marantz amp which is being displayed on the home page for 17 k, pair it with used book shelf speakers

option 2.

you will find good amps in range of 10 K, and balance you can get a good book shelf speakers

i know a person here who builds good bookshelf speakers ( 3 way ) within your budget.

you will not regret for sure

cheers

Tanoj

Some people suggesting me amp and speakers forget that I will also need a DAC.

I may go with two options.
Option 1
Bx5 D2 speakers with Nuforce uDAC

Option 2
Speakers from roland with a bigger Bass/midrange driver than Ma-15d + a Usb to SPDIF converter.

also are there any other DACs in sub 10k range that are better than Nuforce Udac??

hi there. For a small 25k no fuss setup, powered speakers are a good way to go! Along with the M-audio, also consider the highly regarded Audio Engine A5 which may satisfy all your needs (Welcome to BAJAO.COM (DH)). You can hook up your laptop to the A5 and you are good to go. Stereophile has rated A5 very high, so you can take a chance. I too am in the same boat now and might plonk down some moolah for them. Search the forums for user experiences with the A5. You also have the option of going with the Topping + Nuforce Dac + Cambridge S30 speakers. Good luck and let us know what you bought. :)

I want to know how do pro audio interfaces like M-AUDIO - Fast Track Pro compare with HiFi DACs???

Well I'm subscribing to this thread as I'm in a similar boat myself.

I have my entire CD collection ripped in FLAC and want to add a sound card and powered speakers for 2.0/2.1 output.

Hi,

I went through the same predicament some time back. Finally I set up the following:
- Monitor Audio M2 speakers (voted by AV MAX as best speakers for 2010): INR 14,500
- Norge 2060: INR 8,750 (excellent amp for the price)
- HRT Music Streamer II- with async USB DAC: US $ 150
You can start with the speakers (of your choice) and the Amp and add the DAC later.
In my opinion, the above set up can give any budget/ mid range hifi system a run for the money ! Also once you are convinced about the utility of a DAC you can upgrade to more expensive ones at a later date.

Hi
I have visited their outlet at Andheri (E), am quite satisfied with BS spkrs & amp 2045 I bought, real VFM

Hi
I have visited DNM outlet at Andheri (E), am quite satisfied with BS spkrs & amp 2045 I bought, real VFM

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back