Miniwatt tube amp

haan, but in the meantime tell us about the experience with missions at least?

within my home environment and the same setup using onlyo 606, denon 500/700 AE, Norge 1000 - the miniwatt beats em all in sound staging, bass response, superior midrange and details.

Only glitch even with 90+dB sensitivity speakers it neer gets too lod and needing 80-90% volume settings for ref levels.

PS: Apologize for the short posts - my back hurts courtesy of a biker coming from the opposite side who hit me. Crazy Pune bikers

at 80-90% level, it would be playing loud, but won't have any headroom for dynamics. But this is theory - how does it sound at ref level - do you feel everything as a loud mass or dynamics are still there?

regards

within my home environment and the same setup using onlyo 606, denon 500/700 AE, Norge 1000 - the miniwatt beats em all in sound staging, bass response, superior midrange and details.

Only glitch even with 90+dB sensitivity speakers it neer gets too lod and needing 80-90% volume settings for ref levels.

PS: Apologize for the short posts - my back hurts courtesy of a biker coming from the opposite side who hit me. Crazy Pune bikers

at 80-90% level, it would be playing loud, but won't have any headroom for dynamics. But this is theory - how does it sound at ref level - do you feel everything as a loud mass or dynamics are still there?

regards

Yeah an amp should rarely need to be played beyond 25% of its total volume to retain some capacity for dynamic headroom. Ify ou need to crank it up all the time then you need a different set of speakers.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Would like to know the current review of the miniwatt tube amp. Seems like no update from the 24th ;)

I am interested in getting one, but would like to listen to one before i do.. not sure of how that can happen.

Also, do let me know if i can pair the miniwatt tubes with my current speakers which are 88 dB sensitive, 3 way Floor standers with max of 150W RMS handling capacity. I intend to run this for my htpc or my CDP, might be mostly with htpc though

If there is a group-buy, i could pitch in as well. :)

2 reasons

1. grade1 tear in left back muscle - prevented any movement of sorts
2. the miniwatt is lying with one of the dealers for the week - will get his inputs on the same.

My test process is complete (so is the review file) - am awaiting inputs from a couple of guys for the same. Also need to take a few snapshots of the same.

I guess we can all look forward to the review in say 2 weeks time at max.

PS: In short the miniwatt is very detailed with great bass goes with the missions, wharfdale (9.1/9.2) at 50% of volume which is great for extended listening. It faired less well with the Quads as the midrange felt weak somehow. And MiniWatt was tested alongside other amps such as denon 500./700/2000, norge 1000, marantz 7003 of sorts, even an old nad 3020. At lower to mid volumes the Miniwatt stood its own amidst all of them.

It seriously warrants speakers with high sensitivity though.

hey! what happened? Get well soon. Don't lift too many equipments!

no equipments boss:eek:..........just that Pune suffers from acute water shortage from time to time (read when monsoons get delayed) and we get water for like 2-3 hours a day - our area used to get it from 6:30-9 in the morning - trying to move a 75 litre drum first thing on a cool morning sure has its drawbacks. :mad:

Anyway the review is 70% complete - lets see how it turns out.

Just today saw the amp at a friend/dealer's place... it just about fits into our palm !

Just today saw the amp at a friend/dealer's place... it just about fits into our palm !

pune right?? and (shocking) pink in colour right?

if the above is true you saw the amp that Derek sent me - i will be picking it up soon from them:p

The dealer has run the Miniwatt with following speakers :

Wharfedale 9.1/9.6, Quad 12L/22L..

Maybe i will drop in later and have audtion...
meanwhile we await suateep's review .
(no it was not derek,surateep)

The dealer has run the Miniwatt with following speakers :

Wharfedale 9.1/9.6, Quad 12L/22L..

Maybe i will drop in later and have audtion...
meanwhile we await suateep's review .
(no it was not derek,surateep)

pune right?

hey dude,

how's the back? is the amp back from the dealer? any news on the review?

2 reasons

1. grade1 tear in left back muscle - prevented any movement of sorts
2. the miniwatt is lying with one of the dealers for the week - will get his inputs on the same.

My test process is complete (so is the review file) - am awaiting inputs from a couple of guys for the same. Also need to take a few snapshots of the same.

I guess we can all look forward to the review in say 2 weeks time at max.

PS: In short the miniwatt is very detailed with great bass goes with the missions, wharfdale (9.1/9.2) at 50% of volume which is great for extended listening. It faired less well with the Quads as the midrange felt weak somehow. And MiniWatt was tested alongside other amps such as denon 500./700/2000, norge 1000, marantz 7003 of sorts, even an old nad 3020. At lower to mid volumes the Miniwatt stood its own amidst all of them.

It seriously warrants speakers with high sensitivity though.

Supra - I am also eager to read your feedback on this. And I do hope your back eases up soon.

Was the muscle tear due to the biker hitting you or due to the effort involved in shifting the water drum?

Supra - I am also eager to read your feedback on this. And I do hope your back eases up soon.

Was the muscle tear due to the biker hitting you or due to the effort involved in shifting the water drum?

i am sorry guys with the dealy - my review is complete - will post it it a couple of days.

PS: The acute water shortage in Pune is the culprit - as per the doctor I was the fifth case in a month (all due to moving water across heavy drums). :eek:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back