Missing Dolby ATMOS

waris

A very good morning to all FMs.
I have been taking guidance from all of you and managed to setup my 5.1.2 system . I have following configuration.
Denon x2400h
HTS12
Q acoustics 3020i + 3090c
Polk S10 in side surrounds
Polk OWM3 in Top middle
I have a TOX1 with coreelac set to pass through to AVR.I get good surround effects but almost no ATMOS effect. I have tried many movies including Dune (has many overhead scenes).
I have completed Audyssey Calibration. OWM3 are hanging from ceiling in the dolby suggested location.
What am I missing? Any pointers are welcome.

Here is a pic ofATMOS SPEAKERS LOCATION from an earlier thread.
In this pic you can see placement of ssurround w.r.t room.
Room dimensions are 15 x12 ft. I am sitting at 10ft from TV. From back wall my distance is 1ft as sofa is attached to the wall. However I sometimes pull it ahead.
From MLP Top left is at 1ft more distance compared to Top Right.

I get good surround effects but almost no ATMOS effect.
If you have set speaker layout correctly in avr and scenes have those effects, then ideally you should hear them. In AVR, do you see input signal as Atmos? If yes, then try increasing speaker level of top speakers.

If you have set speaker layout correctly in avr and scenes have those effects, then ideally you should hear them. In AVR, do you see input signal as Atmos? If yes, then try increasing speaker level of top speakers.
Yes , it shows ATMOS. I have OWM3 , should I point them to MLP? I have increased them by 2 db . How much more should I increase.

A very good morning to all FMs.
I have been taking guidance from all of you and managed to setup my 5.1.2 system . I have following configuration.
Denon x2400h
HTS12
Q acoustics 3020i + 3090c
Polk S10 in side surrounds
Polk OWM3 in Top middle
I have a TOX1 with coreelac set to pass through to AVR.I get good surround effects but almost no ATMOS effect. I have tried many movies including Dune (has many overhead scenes).
I have completed Audyssey Calibration. OWM3 are hanging from ceiling in the dolby suggested location.
What am I missing? Any pointers are welcome.

Here is a pic ofATMOS SPEAKERS LOCATION from an earlier thread.
In this pic you can see placement of ssurround w.r.t room.
Room dimensions are 15 x12 ft. I am sitting at 10ft from TV. From back wall my distance is 1ft as sofa is attached to the wall. However I sometimes pull it ahead.
From MLP Top left is at 1ft more distance compared to Top Right.
To get an excellent atmos effect, you need two atmos compatible speakers on the ceiling, consider installing ceiling speakers if possible, speakers on height on give better surround, but dedicated ceiling speakers give proper atmos effect

Do I just disconnect or need to recalibrate too?

No need to disconnect. Just remove the center when setting speakers up through your AVR. Not sure if recalibration is required, but I'd do it just to be safe. I still expect that the bigger difference will likely come from pointing your overheads at the MLP. I'd try that first before messing with removing the center.

No need to disconnect. Just remove the center when setting speakers up through your AVR. Not sure if recalibration is required, but I'd do it just to be safe. I still expect that the bigger difference will likely come from pointing your overheads at the MLP. I'd try that first before messing with removing the center.
Ok. I will try it. I am also doubting that separation between surrounds and ATMOS is not much. Should I move the ATMOS further away towards the front or bring the surround down to ear level?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back