MM Keeravani/MM Kreem/Maragathamani: The man behind the music for Baahubali (and others)

liverpool_for_life

Lovely read, including a humorous anecdote about a producer who wanted to fire MM Keeravani and hire MM Kreem instead:

Thanks for the share.

I can't believe that many of my favourite Hindi tracks are MM's. Loved the songs, and never bothered to check the composer. Although I knew about him. I didn't follow his works like I did for ARR or his other contemporaries.

Thank you for re-introducing him.

Thank you for sharing...

Its amazing and surprising to see so many beautiful songs attributed to the composer, frankly its my first read about him!

He used the name Maragathamani when scoring for Tamil films and he has done quite a few memorable Tamil films (mainly K.Balachandar films). I enjoyed his music for Azhagan, Vaname Ellai, Nee Paathi naan pathi & Jaathi malli.

Agree all the songs he has composed were really good. Looks like he is more into astrology for changing the name for north/south/East/West direction. Glad it worked out very well for him.:)

He used the name Maragathamani when scoring for Tamil films and he has done quite a few memorable Tamil films (mainly K.Balachandar films). I enjoyed his music for Azhagan, Vaname Ellai, Nee Paathi naan pathi & Jaathi malli.
Adding Pratap to the list, pleasant songs to listen to.

Mazhaiyum neeye veyilum neeye song from Azhagan was a favorite of mine in 90s. I even can see a bit of MS Vishwanathan style in his composing. Great music composer. In Kshanam Shanam a beautiful forest duet song also was a humming I liked in 90s. Of course Devaraagam songs were out of the world.

He has done very little in Malayalam films compared to other industries. His first Malayalam movie was Devaragam and it's music was super hit, still remembering those cassettes !!..

my first intro to MMKreem was song: Chup Tum Raho from Is Raat Ki Subah Nahin.
I also remember him composing and singing music for Govt of India prior to elections - around same time frame of 1995-2000 - anyone remembers?

Mazhaiyum neeye veyilum neeye song from Azhagan was a favorite of mine in 90s. I even can see a bit of MS Vishwanathan style in his composing. Great music composer. In Kshanam Shanam a beautiful forest duet song also was a humming I liked in 90s. Of course Devaraagam songs were out of the world.
+1 for Devaraagam

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back