Congrats Sid, nice to see that you are a moderator now. Hope you will keep guiding us with your vast experience in audio.

how about :-

a. stopping PM facility. Let folks express their points in the relevant thread only and openly.

b. stop the buy sell section - let this forum be for only discussion in audio / video etc..

in many cases i see folks popping up for the buy / sell and then disappear and then say they have no time to contribute.

so its better to stop it fully and retain only those who are interested.

c. Moderators will be doing a rather thankless job but they have accepted to do it and it is expected that the caesars wife must be above suspicion so action must be uniform in all cases.

d. all threads to be approved by mods before it is started else we have lot of silly threads floating around.

e. to have a software which will prevent posts in any language not specified as per the forum rules.

regards
mpw

Thanks Mpw we we will look into it. Please understand I am one of many moderators. So all suggestions have to be discussed and then one's with merit will be implemented. I cannot take any unilateral decisions.
Cheers,
Sid

[QUOTED=sidvee;625888]Thanks Mpw we we will look into it. Please understand I am one of many moderators. So all suggestions have to be discussed and then one's with merit will be implemented. I cannot take any unilateral decisions.
Cheers,
Sid[/QUOTE]

Hi sidvee

The above was not for you alone but for the owner of the forum and all mods to consider.

Some of the above are hard to swallow but purification is never an easy pill but one can start the journey.

Anyways..good luck !

Regards
Mpw

To other forum members, I believe an explanation is called for. It is simply that we (moderators & super Mod) are montoring threads that are getting seriously OT and plan to control this activity so that smooth flow is maintained. Unfortunately some FM's consider this censorship, whereas it is a simple fact of democracy, majority counts, and majority need to feel welcome here. These FM's are leaving out of their own volition or in bad cases they are asked to leave. Please support me and other mod's to implement rules so that free flow of information is maintained. All other Forums do this and we intend to do so as well.
Cheers,
Sid

Hi Sid ,

I am not referring to this specific incident as i am not aware of it . However , i also had similar experience earlier with the posts/thread getting deleted even there was nothing in it that breaks the forum rule . It was just a comparison that did not directly favour ingthe specifc product being promoted , hope that will get improved now

@mpw - These are just my personal views So please take them as such.

how about :-

a. stopping PM facility. Let folks express their points in the relevant thread only and openly.

Not everything needs to be open and some discussions can be private. Otherwise make everything open, including BST threads where right now nobody can post except the seller and everybody else has to PM.

b. stop the buy sell section - let this forum be for only discussion in audio / video etc..

in many cases i see folks popping up for the buy / sell and then disappear and then say they have no time to contribute.

I am in 100% agreement as long as it stops the folks who are here only to sell their stuff. That said, many people also catch a break and get an opportunity to buy some good stuff that has been well cared for, this should continue to be an option.

Also, not many folks are active even if they are not sellers. How are we going to distinguish them? Take me personally, I am active in 6 month cycles, posting regularly for 6 months and then taking a break/being absent for 6 months because of my work-related travel. This has worked against me in other forums where my account was put in limbo and I had to either pay an activation fee or get in touch with the moderators to get back my posting privileges. Perhaps something similar can be explored here too.

c. Moderators will be doing a rather thankless job but they have accepted to do it and it is expected that the caesars wife must be above suspicion so action must be uniform in all cases.

Moderation is always a thankless job, and I speak from personal experience having moderated one of the biggest tech sites, so one must always be appreciative of the moderators especially those who do the job for free. Based on that, I personally believe they must be given some leeway or benefits, what that might be I cannot say, but something in return for the hours they put in.

d. all threads to be approved by mods before it is started else we have lot of silly threads floating around.

An excellent idea, and one I am 100% in agreement with.

e. to have a software which will prevent posts in any language not specified as per the forum rules.

Forum software is terribly expensive, one needs to pay for every new version and again based on a tier system depending on the number of users. Highly unlikely unless the site/forum is well monetised Just saying.

I wanna take this thread as an opportunity to thank all those who are taking the time and the pains to moderate the forums here. It is a pay-less job but at least it should not be a thankless one. What we could do on our behalf is to keep our cool and 'Do Not Feed the Trolls'. Also, realize that it's a human taking time out from his schedule to moderate here and can miss a couple of transgressions which need not neccessarily mean they are not being fair...

:signthankspin:

stop the buy sell section - let this forum be for only discussion in audio / video etc..

It might be better if FMs are allowed to respond to buy/sell section on the basis of their activity i.e, number of posts and/or duration of their membership (How long they have been part of HFV family). Hopefully this will counter those who join here only for the purpose of trading goods. MHO

Last edited:
I believe that is exactly how it actually is

It might be better if FMs are allowed to respond to buy/sell section on the basis of their activity i.e, number of posts and/or duration of their membership (How long they have been part of HFV family). Hopefully this will counter those who join here only for the purpose of trading goods. MHO

Congrats Sid. Hope to see some changes in the forum...... in fact some are already visible. Keep up the baton HIGH.

Regards,

Lifewater

Congrats Sid. I could see some changes and now know why. Of late, lots of BS was floating around and some members were seen trolling away to glory. Hope the forum heads back to the good old heady days. :)

Yeah, things do seem to be much better now compared to the denigration that had sit in recently. There used to be such friendly exchanges and banter. Been missing that lately:sad:
Does seem we are moving back to that.

moderator,

many FM's do not specify their "Location " clearly... examples.. 3rd rock from the sun...middle of nowhere... ( just examples )....no offence to any FM

i suggest HFV take off the location requirement else implement it clearly.

this will mitigate to an extent folks who may have duplicate handles ( for whatever reason )

my suggestion is to make the location requirement to be complied with ( atleast mention the city ).

if HFV folks want to give vent to their creative side... please incorporate something like - status - like on whatsapp and FB so FM's are free to display their creative side..

regards
mpw

Back