Mogami Speaker Cable

goget

I have changed my normal cables in my music system to new Mogami cables -and my system is sounding very bright earlier it was sounding warm.
Have the Mogami cables exposed my Jamo S 426 floor standing speakers weakness ( Amp used is Marantz )...what is the reason can members who have used Mogami cable guide as to which cable new cable to use which is going to be warm sounding. Thanks

Vdh Clearwater. Very neutral. No color. I use in my stereo setup. Available in India but it's a lil expensive compared to UK and US prices.

I have changed my normal cables in my music system to new Mogami cables -and my system is sounding very bright earlier it was sounding warm.
Have the Mogami cables exposed my Jamo S 426 floor standing speakers weakness ( Amp used is Marantz )...what is the reason can members who have used Mogami cable guide as to which cable new cable to use which is going to be warm sounding. Thanks
Recently i got inakustik ls 1002, i feel this is the best cable i have got till now its super dynamic, very warm and clear love it, this is the best cable i got till now. I got this for bi-wire there is 2 wired ls 502 also available. I buyed it from ebay as it is not available in india.

Recently i got inakustik ls 1002, i feel this is the best cable i have got till now its super dynamic, very warm and clear love it, this is the best cable i got till now. I got this for bi-wire there is 2 wired ls 502 also available. I buyed it from ebay as it is not available in india.
Will check , Thanks

S426 has a very hot tweeter.

When one of my friends used to have it, we stuck two layers of regular tissue paper in front of the tweeter to tame the sound.

I wouldn't blame the Mogami speaker cable. Can you tell us what's the model number of the Mogami speaker cable?

Which mogami cable are you using now?
What kind of cable were you using earlier (wire size?)
which model of marantz?

Last edited:
S426 has a very hot tweeter.

When one of my friends used to have it, we stuck two layers of regular tissue paper in front of the tweeter to tame the sound.

I wouldn't blame the Mogami speaker cable. Can you tell us what's the model number of the Mogami speaker cable?

Mogami 3103

I have a pair of inakustik interconnects. Very nice indeed. Available in BOM. Don't know if the speaker cables are available though. Thanks for the info.

Mogami 3103
normal cable 4 meter
Marantz PM 5005 Amp
Marantz CD 5004 CD Player

Most likely you are over driving the Amp and the distortion is causing the brightness. Is it bright even at the 9-10 clock position? Or gets bright when you go to the 11 clock one? If anything have always found mogami to be warm sometimes even dull.

Just out of curiosity, were your earlier cables thicker or thinner gauge/mm wise or are they the same?

Recently I have upgraded speaker cable from Norstone CL250 to Chord company Clearway Cable. Now the system is more clear and musical compare to earlier, System is able to reveal more high end details with little blurred center image. You may wait for few weeks and then conclude on the performance.

Most likely you are over driving the Amp and the distortion is causing the brightness. Is it bright even at the 9-10 clock position? Or gets bright when you go to the 11 clock one? If anything have always found mogami to be warm sometimes even dull.

Hi At low volume only went upto mid volume , it seems my Jamo 426 speakers are behaving funny...how can the sound signature change completely by just a cable change... going from decent/ warm in old cable to neutral /bright in new Mogami 3103 cable, my son and I am are totally astonished - that a cheap normal thin cable was sounding good, I can see Mogami is a very good professional quality thick cable...so what are we missing.

Request Engineers to have a look at my posts and give a solution/option- cables impedance value is playing a role, {as in general amps are designed to have low output impedance so that loud speaker impedance is higher however the impedance of the connecting cable can have an audible effect- just now read on internet web site Sound on Sound} .

The Mogami 3103 cable I have put is unterminated just wire, should I try again and this time put treminated Mogami 3103 cable and hope an ordinary interconnect solves the complete change in sound issue.

Also I will change /put the other Enbee Designer speakers instead of Jamo 426 speakers and check the sound quality.
Then after this I will change the Amps from Marantz to Enbee amp and pre amp to check the sound quality.

Instead of improving sound quality a good cable change can expose defects in Speakers I feel as of now.
So I should not try to improve things too much if they are decent ...and loose sleep....however must say enjoying the journey and am amused at the confusion.

Will post an update after doing all the above. Meanwhile any suggestions are welcome from members in forum... any New Delhi based member or Engineer can also visit my place to help I will try to arrange transport and surely buy beer or lunch.

Cheers

Cheers

Recently I have upgraded speaker cable from Norstone CL250 to Chord company Clearway Cable. Now the system is more clear and musical compare to earlier, System is able to reveal more high end details with little blurred center image. You may wait for few weeks and then conclude on the performance.

Hi Do the cables like speakes have to be broken in say after 40 hours of use. Plz advise as I have removed one speaker and stopped after seeing your mail to give it a week as I just gave it a day.
Over a long period i may get used to the new sound, but as of now prefer the old cable sound.
I have given a detailed reply to forum member called Audiopro from Mumbai
thanks

Last edited:
hi Very thin normal speaker cable earlier.
If you want, you can get 1mm Polycab cables. Should not cost more than Rs.10 per meter. And if you are at it, get a 2mm also. Try those and see how the sound changes.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back