Monitor Audio bronze 6 or silver 200 or Tannoy xt6f

sunand777

Which one is better for pure music listening with good clarity and deep bass ?
Pairing with CA CXA80 amp, as i have no chance to audition...

Which one is better for pure music listening with good clarity and deep bass ?
Pairing with CA CXA80 amp, as i have no chance to audition...

I have not heard these specific models.......but the specs speak the difference....

Monitor Audio Bronze 6 - 8 ohms, 40w to 150w Freq 34hz to 30khz Sens 90db 2.5 way 6.5 inch drivers.....

Monitor Audio Silver 200 - 8 ohms, 60w to 150w Freq 38hz - 35khz Sens 89db 2.5 way 5 1/4 inch drivers........

Tannoy XT6F - 8 ohms, 25w - 150w Freq 38hz to 32khz Sens 90db 2.5 way 6 inch drivers....

Deep bass comes from bigger drivers so i would go with MA Bronze 6 or Tannoy XT6F......

If you can increase the budget go for Tannoy XT8F, that'll dwarf the competition and you wouldn't feel the need to upgrade anytime soon . Another option you need to consider will be Paradigm Monitor SE 6000f.

Tonal accuracy & fullness is better with Tannoys, whereas resolution is better with Monitor Audio Silver. Both of these speakers will go well with your CXA 80. I had Tannoy Revolution dc6 earlier and happy with MA Silver floorstanders currently. I didn't find MA Bronze appealing, Hopefully this helps.

Tannoy XT8F not available in market for now. Plus tannoy and Cambridge is not a great combination. Very bright. The monitor audio would be my choice. Bronze 6.

If you have the budget go for MA Silver 300 else Bronze 6 ,when pairing with Cambridge, I am myself using Bronze 6 with Marantz and quite happy with them

Do you think silver 200 is better than bronze 6?
Silver 300 > Silver 200 > Bronze 6 . Silver is a higher series than Bronze and is going to be better but it is always comparative . Bigger Drivers offer better bass which is good for music . At the end of the day you have to listen to the speaker and see whether you like the tone and get a balance between quality and budget . Its not that you are going to be listening to all these speakers simultaneously for the rest of your life. All the speakers mentioned are good speakers ,better speaker is a comparative issue subject to individual taste , budget and liking

like our friend suggested, if you are gonna choose tannoy, better go for the XT8f because the xt6f's are leaner sounding and they lack in the bass department compared to its big brother xt8f, which has plenty of bass. Though the dual concentric are good, the highs are near to being bright so a warm amplifier might help reduce the brightness. The sound stage is great and bass too is very tight and deep and loud and the mids are very clean. These are very revealing speakers. With XT8f's you will not need a subwoofer for music and they can also fill a large room with ease.
Xt8f is in the league of MA Silver 500 so the Bronce 6 and silver 200 will be below the XT6f's league. Tannoys are on offer now so the value factor goes to tannoys. If you could find the XT6f or the XT8f's just grab them as they are on good offers now. Hope the Xt8F's are out of stock in india so go for the xt6f. Great value for money period.
check this link:

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back