Monitor Audio MASS vs Q Acoustics 7000i vs Focal SIB EVO vs Dali Fazon As Surrounds in 7.2.2

Finally got my 6 MASS speakers.
Mounted the side Surrounds only along with fronts and the amount of details they produce is quite amazing. Very good satellite for the price. Couldn't have been more satisfied.

The dedicated wall mount with a spherical knob makes 3d toeing of the speakers very easy. Attached pictures for the same. Audessey sets XO at 60hz, but I choose 80 instead. Will update once I setup Dolby Atmos!
IMG_20180909_18472.jpg

Finally mounted the Atmos speakers, had to take a call between 7.2.2 vs 5.2.4. Went with 5.2.4; based on multiple online views.
Looks like it was a good idea, though the routine 5.1 did seem to benefit by not more than max 15% in ambient sound enhancements ; but when I played dedicated Atmos tracks it was an unbelievable experience. Much better than the listening rooms I had visited in the past. The mounting of speakers and directing to the listening position was much easier due to the design of mounts. Attaching few pictures, pretty satisfied as of now.

IMG_20181009_45191.jpg
IMG_20181009_32103__01.jpg
IMG_20181009_32103.jpg

Update : Did a home audition of Q Acoustics 7000 series satellites, the sound signature was too sharp for my liking, it may very well gel with the provided Sub and 5.1 in a setup but , they didn't sound well in my room.

Ordered MASS 5 Speakers + Extra Center Speaker + Wall mounting kits for 6 speakers from Amazon UK to my friend's UK Address.
Will be getting them here by month end, Another Blind buy (though I am happy with Sound Signature of MA Speakers); Let's hope everything works out well.
Will Update the thread with Pics when I Mount them.
Hi,

I am also planning to buy MASS 5.1 from UK. will there be import duty for this ? If yes, can you tell me the approx value ?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back