Mr. Murthy's DIY Cables.

BLASTO

I received a DIY IC cable from Santhosh and it proved to be a great partener to my stereo setup. Purchased it eventually. :) I have tried Chord Crimson, Straightwire Raphsody and Nordost Blueheaven before narrowing in on these. :)

The model I see from the cables is "Finesse" if you are interested. They pair eceedingly well with straightwire waveguide. (Booms a little with chord silver screen)

Now, For the people who know him (Mr Murthy from 'Tools n Trade' in commercial street bangalore),

What are the stereo related stuff he is selling?
Does he have high end speaker cables?
Does he ship out station?
Do you own any of his cables? Can you share your experience?
Does he have speakers for sale?

Also, I might need to purchase some stuff from him, can anyone from bangalore living near commercial street help?

Thanks in advance.

His is basically a tools related shop. He has another shop for nuts bolts etc and a workshop with lathes etc. I got subwoofer feet done from him. He does a lot of custom work for people and I suspect thats what you have tried. When you walk into his shop, you wont see an iota of AV stuff. You can google his number and talk to him and find out what all cables he can offer.

I have his silver cables lying unused since years now. It takes away some body and low frequency weight ... so I began using it in place of the pre-out-main-in connectors on the NAD where their effect is less impacting.

HTH

I have his silver cables lying unused since years now. It takes away some body and low frequency weight ... so I began using it in place of the pre-out-main-in connectors on the NAD where their effect is less impacting.

HTH

You use the blue heavens right?
Interestingly, My system sounded very bright with the Nordost BlueHeavens. Bass was tight but lean.

I have the non silver cables labled 'finesse'. Not sure if he has any kind of branding or model number.. So hard to find out.. But it has higher bass weight and less HF extension than the Nordost Blueheavens. Good for neutral systems.

Yeah, I can agree that the Nordosts can fit well for NADs though.

His is basically a tools related shop. He has another shop for nuts bolts etc and a workshop with lathes etc. I got subwoofer feet done from him. He does a lot of custom work for people and I suspect thats what you have tried. When you walk into his shop, you wont see an iota of AV stuff. You can google his number and talk to him and find out what all cables he can offer.

:):):) He is actually so much more.

This man is really a walking encyclopedia for accurate audio setup. Many decades into the hobby. His listening room is one of the best I have been to. And he achieved all this during the days when the internet was not there to corrupt. So he does not know much rubbish . Everything was gained from actual experience and R&D.

It was in his room ten years ago that I first learned how to discern pitches in the lower octaves in the bass region. And that too on a pair of 15 year old classic KEF speakers driven by Forte electronics.

I once remember a demo by him wherein he changed many power cords and interconnects and then finally plugged all the gear into his DIY isolation transformer thereby changing a clear sounding system to one where you could actually see the performer in the room.

Great guy and really good cables. He has done more in audio than many of us put together and all this decades back.

It was in his room ten years ago that I first learned how to discern pitches in the lower octaves in the bass region.

Hey Square wave,

This is EXACTLY why I chose his speaker cables.
I have discussed this with the fellow member "Kevian" too.

While other high end cabled gave a rough thud, the DIY ones gave details in the bass region. Shades and shades of bass details coming out of the thiels.

I thought he added a heavy guage cable to make a DIY and it became great luckily (seriously) but on reading your account, it all looks like conceived and engineered. :)

I think Finesse is the brand of cables. I have used both the pure silver and copper interconnect and they did exactly what he mentioned it would do. The copper interconnect is a neutral cable while the silver cable improved the HF extension.

Like Doors and Squarewave mentioned, he is a very knowledgable and resourceful person and is very good at materials and design.

Some of the other things he makes that may be of interest to us audio enthusiasts are:
Spikes, Cones, Speaker Stands, isolation platforms, Audio Racks, isolation transformers, distribution boxes, power cords, bass traps, tonearm re-wiring, TT Troubleshooting etc. Best part is he tries to understand your taste or problem and suggests to your listening preferences. Sometime ago, I got a speaker platform made by him for my B&W DM3000 and am extremely happy with the sonic and aesthetic results of the end product.

Mr.Murthy's number is +91 98-80-033516. I am happy to co-ordinate with him on behalf of any FM from outside Bangalore as I often frequent Commercial Street(on driver duty for the wife :eek:hyeah: ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the other things he makes that may be of interest to us audio enthusiasts are:
Spikes, Cones, Speaker Stands, isolation platforms, Audio Racks, isolation transformers, distribution boxes, power cords, bass traps, tonearm re-wiring, TT Troubleshooting etc. Best part is he tries to understand your taste or problem and suggests to your listening preferences. Sometime ago, I got a speaker platform made by him for my B&W DM3000 and am extremely happy with the sonic and aesthetic results of the end product.

Speaker cables?
I would like a perfect match for the ICs (Copper I assume?). He is the best person to know I suppose. :)

Are the speaker cables on the top left made by him? Else What brand are they?
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/santhoshl/For Sale Pics/71131b51.jpg

Mr.Murthy's number is +91 98-80-033516. I am happy to co-ordinate with him on behalf of any FM from outside Bangalore as I often frequent Commercial Street(on driver duty for the wife :eek:hyeah: ).

Thats so kind of your wife.. :eek:hyeah:

I tried his IC once but I found my system bright and sibilant with them...not the IC's fault, they just exposed my budget setup plainly...

I had an 5' tall AV rack built by him. Super-solid stuff...

Like Square Wave said, he is a super-senior audiophile with decades of experience behind him. And he tops it up with humility. You can talk to him at any level and he'll patiently respond. His DIY stuff is way better than some of the 'professional' stuff I've seen/heard.

Speaker cables?
I would like a perfect match for the ICs (Copper I assume?). He is the best person to know I suppose. :)

Are the speaker cables on the top left made by him? Else What brand are they?
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/santhoshl/For Sale Pics/71131b51.jpg
The speaker cable in the pic is Audioquest Indigo +. I have not seen
Speaker cables made by him, will check and revert.

Thats so kind of your wife.. :eek:hyeah:
Hehehe....Thank god there is Mr.Murthy's shop and another shop selling good quality tools for me to kill time while the wife is shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
:):):) He is actually so much more.

This man is really a walking encyclopedia for accurate audio setup. Many decades into the hobby. His listening room is one of the best I have been to. And he achieved all this during the days when the internet was not there to corrupt. So he does not know much rubbish . Everything was gained from actual experience and R&D.

Great guy and really good cables. He has done more in audio than many of us put together and all this decades back.

He is a super-senior audiophile with decades of experience behind him. And he tops it up with humility. You can talk to him at any level and he'll patiently respond. His DIY stuff is way better than some of the 'professional' stuff.

Precise descriptions about Mr.Murthy :)

hi - I am looking for an interconnect. How to get it from mr murthi?
Blasto, I sent a PM to you but seems you missed it.

I recall meeting Mr. Murthy around 5 years ago at his Hardware and tools shop on Commercial street , Banglore. He was extremely modest person and was very willing to help.
I wonder if Mr. Murthy is on this or any other forum of audio hobby !

How much wud a pair of rca stereo interconnects (1 meter) from Mr Murthy cost? im looking for a pair for dac to amp connections.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back