MS Mezzo 6 or MA RS6 ?

vinod_david

Banned
Banned
Hi. I've auditioned RS6 with my CA 640 V2 amp and cdp, liked it, but i've just stumbled upon MS Mezzo 6 floors, which seems to be good, but no review anywhere and just cant demo it. Has anybody heard it or is it ok to dump RS6and go for Mezzo 6 without demo, price wise Mezzo are expensive too. thanx.

Dear Vinod,
No reviews, no demo, expensive and u liked the the way RS 6 sounds!!!!!!!

Then why would u just go buy the Mezzo?
Expensive is not always better. Please go and hear it and then decide.
I cant comment further as i have not heard the mezzo too so cant compare with the MA>
Regards

Dear Vinod,
No reviews, no demo, expensive and u liked the the way RS 6 sounds!!!!!!!

Then why would u just go buy the Mezzo?
Expensive is not always better. Please go and hear it and then decide.
I cant comment further as i have not heard the mezzo too so cant compare with the MA>
Regards

hi dinyaar. ur right, but this Mezzo seems to have audiophile components throughout, RS6 is an award winner too. am very confused now, coz both am getting for a very good price, almost 1000k +/- between them, and can I also consider Dali Ikon 6 for my amp and cd setup, or is Dali too precious for Cambridge amp and cdp. pls help. thanx.

Dear Vinod,
Of course u can consider the Dali!!!!!!!!!

Hear all and then take a call.
Regards

Hi Vinod,

The MA speakers and maybe Dali have been around long enough for people to know how they perform. The Mezzo are relatively new entrants.

They have been reviewed in this months "What Hi-fi? Sound and Vision" (What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision) and Hi-Fi Choice magazines, if you care about their ratings. You can also get some details from this thread of AVForums: Morduant Short Mezzo 2 - AVForums

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.

Last edited:
The best advice is of course, to listen, as my friends above mentioned.

But I believe Dali IKON will not be a good partner to the CA.

Hi Vinod,

The MA speakers and maybe Dali have been around long enough for people to know how they perform. The Mezzo are relatively new entrants.

They have been reviewed in this months "What Hi-fi? Sound and Vision" (What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision) and Hi-Fi Choice magazines, if you care about their ratings. You can also get some details from this thread of AVForums: Morduant Short Mezzo 2 - AVForums

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.

Hi Prasad, thanx. Yeah, I know WHFSV has reviewed in their April issue, Mezzo 2, and awarded 5 stars too, they were quite impressed in fact. Regarding the other review in UK forum, thanx for it. As you said, Mezzo 6 are brand new, revealed in CES 2008 too. In fact, I even asked my brother in UK to fix up a demo of Mezzo 6 at Richer Sounds two days back with 640
V2 setup, and he was very much impressed with Mezzo 6s sound, that he asked me to buy Mezzo 6 closing my eyes here in India; i think from a person who has Dali Ikon 6 and Naim Nait 5i amp and cdp setup, the words are more than enough for me take the plunge, but still I want something strong to prove my case. The speakers i have listend so far are MS Avant 906i, Diamond 9.5, MA RS6, Boston Acoustics VR2. pls advise. thanx.

oh dear! Richer sounds are box shifters!! Ask your brother to get an appointment for demo at sevenoaks or similar shops, where they have dedicated rooms.

I even asked my brother in UK to fix up a demo of Mezzo 6 at Richer Sounds two days back with 640

oh dear! Richer sounds are box shifters!! Ask your brother to get an appointment for demo at sevenoaks or similar shops, where they have dedicated rooms.

Sevenoaks dont deal with MS or CA products, so what does that *box shifters* mean, does it have to play a role in the sound quality of any speakers at all ???

they have no proper show rooms, just things stacked up. Sales guys doesn't even know what you are asking other than the name of the product and price tag. They may try to read the box and say the specifications to you.

if you need scanned copy of what hi-fi, please do let me know.

Also worth to consider SVS MTS-01 speakers. You can buy/demo it in UK via avsales.co.uk

Sevenoaks dont deal with MS or CA products, so what does that *box shifters* mean, does it have to play a role in the sound quality of any speakers at all ???

hi Vinod

I have heard Mezzo and was not impressed to that extend that i will buy them immediately. Instead you can select Monitor Audio or even look for Quad 21L2 or Energy C7 ( older version , so will get a better discount)

And by the way any Energy speaker fans?

Hi Sunil,
U are absolutely correct about RS.
But if u know what u want and RS stocks it i doubt u will get a better deal anywhere in London. I bought a Denon integrated for a friend and they threw in a CA interconnect + an Umbrella!!!! apart from the cheapest price by far.
Vinod u are right about CA availability, Its distributed by RS and not available at most retailers.
Regards

Last edited:
hi Vinod

I have heard Mezzo and was not impressed to that extend that i will buy them immediately. Instead you can select Monitor Audio or even look for Quad 21L2 or Energy C7 ( older version , so will get a better discount)

And by the way any Energy speaker fans?

Hi. thanx for reply. Did u hear Mezzo 6 or Mezzo 2, and with what amp and cdp connected? please. thanx.

Hi Vinod

The speakers were Mezzo 6 along with CA 640 A V2 , since i am not a great fan of CA , i ask them to switch the amp to PM 7001 from Marantz , but even that did not satisfy me , you have to hear the Mezzos before you buy them , there are chances that you may or may not like the sound . I prefer Energy C7( even though they are old models) rather then the Mezzos .

Hi Vinod

The speakers were Mezzo 6 along with CA 640 A V2 , since i am not a great fan of CA , i ask them to switch the amp to PM 7001 from Marantz , but even that did not satisfy me , you have to hear the Mezzos before you buy them , there are chances that you may or may not like the sound . I prefer Energy C7( even though they are old models) rather then the Mezzos .

Thanx for reply. Actually, I was wondering how they praised in AV Max about Mezzo 6, and i quote from what they said "Pull out those wallets, grab the car keys and head to the MS showroom. Don't even bother getting a test listen, trust us, they're worth it!". Where did you demo them, and I sure want to demo Mezzo 6 before taking the plunge, or else it has to be MA RS6. Where in Chennai can i get Energy C7. thanx.

My 2 cents..
I had auditioned around 10 speakers (in the price range of 75k) for the last 3 months and there is nothing that comes close to Dali ikon 6 (MA RS6 was next best). Bought a Dali ikon 6 last week. They are amazing. Dont decide your speakers wihout auditioning Dali.

My 2 cents..
I had auditioned around 10 speakers (in the price range of 75k) for the last 3 months and there is nothing that comes close to Dali ikon 6 (MA RS6 was next best). Bought a Dali ikon 6 last week. They are amazing. Dont decide your speakers wihout auditioning Dali.

Congratulations on purchasing a Dali Vijay. They are great speakers.

My 2 cents..

thanx. great to hear about Dali Ikon 6, so what amp and cdp you have ? god, am i changing my mind now for Dali Ikon 6 or MA RS6, ahhhh.., where can i listen Dali Ikon 6 in Bangalore or in Chennai, if anybody owns i can visit for a demo. pls help. But, i got a CA 640 V2 amp 75 wpc, i heard it with RS6, it was good, but Dali Ikon 6 ?? any good, may be in future i can change to
PM7001 too. advise pls. thanx.

If you like Jazz then the Totem Sttaf is another must-audition speaker - even the bookshelf, Rainmaker, is amazing. Excellent bass extension for such a tiny speaker and incredible job with percussion. A sheer joy to listen to.

thanx. great to hear about Dali Ikon 6, so what amp and cdp you have ? god, am i changing my mind now for Dali Ikon 6 or MA RS6, ahhhh.., where can i listen Dali Ikon 6 in Bangalore or in Chennai, if anybody owns i can visit for a demo. pls help. But, i got a CA 640 V2 amp 75 wpc, i heard it with RS6, it was good, but Dali Ikon 6 ?? any good, may be in future i can change to
PM7001 too. advise pls. thanx.

You can listen to the Dali Ikon 6 in the ARN Systems showroom on Coles road, fraser town, hooked up to an Odyssey amplifier :D

cheers

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back