MUBI goes Indian, folks!

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
The side loading which FM dillihifi mentioned was for accessing Criterion Channel app here.

Good to hear that you’re having a nice experience using Mubi on firestick. In the Mubi firestick app are you able to use the search option? It does nothing in my case. Apart from this there are intermittent issues of buffering and the app forgetting my last watched location in a movie, after a restart.
Have you tried writing to MUBI help? I’ve found them very responsive.

Yes, they respond very quickly. But these issues (better infrastructure, improved app support) might take more time for them to resolve. I hope they do it soon
It can be frustrating. Thankfully the Apple TV app gets updated within weeks of releasing new features/design.

Well the solution given by you works fine though one needs to whip out the phone and then add it to the watchlist :). Well many of sabhana azmi/satyajit ray movies in mubi are also available on prime too. So far the no buffering issues, etc however the ui is rudimentary. Let me try it out - started watching the three colours series (i got DVDs for these movies around 15yrs back and never got tired of it), Charulata (Satyajit Ray) and a few others. I generally finish a movie in 2-3 days and watch the genre as per the mood therefore there are a few movies which are being watched concurrently. Lets see how this goes.
Mubi has got some real gems in its library. A few titles that come to my memory would be:

The Odd Ducks: Ursula Meier's "Home" + "Sister", Babis Makridis' "Pity", Lanthimos' "Nimic" (short)

Unknown films/Indies: "The Load" , "Metropolitan", "Beanpole", "In Bloom"

Known International films: Almodovar's "Volver" and Zanussi's "Constant Factor"

Known classics from Hollywood: Ida Lupino's "The Bigamist" + "The Hitch-hiker", Fritz Lang's "Scarlet Street" + "Human Desire", Chaplin's "Monsieur Verdoux", Wyler's "The Collector"

I haven't yet subscribed to the mubi streaming platform. But I have seen glimpses of the movies put up on mubi through their ads. I found the quality of imagery very exceptional, it has a unique richness in the their videos. I watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. Somehow i feel the quality of mubi is much more superior to NF and Prime. Am I the only one who feels this ?

Try and subscribe for a short while - maybe a month or a trial period, ads are very different from reality, take "almost" any ad in the world, "almost".

I haven't yet subscribed to the mubi streaming platform. But I have seen glimpses of the movies put up on mubi through their ads. I found the quality of imagery very exceptional, it has a unique richness in the their videos. I watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. Somehow i feel the quality of mubi is much more superior to NF and Prime. Am I the only one who feels this ?
I find MUBI’s picture quality is at par with Netflix and slightly better than Prime. The best picture quality IMO is on Apple TV+

However, MUBI’s unique proposition lies in its content. Content wise I’d make the following recommendations depending on the viewer’s preferences:

Arty, Reflective, Indie - MUBI
Mainstream, Slick - Netflix
Mainstream with indie touch - Prime
Innovative, Offbeat - Apple TV+
Adult content - Lionsgate Play

Try and subscribe for a short while - maybe a month or a trial period, ads are very different from reality, take "almost" any ad in the world, "almost"
They provide a 7 day free trial.

Last edited by a moderator:
MUBI offer of 3 month subscription for Rs 99 is back.
Offer open until 5th September.
Thanks, Purchased. Believe it's worth it.

My first discovery is Claude Chabrol. Watched four of his films. Loving it.

Discovering fantastic actors. I am now practically fan of Isabelle Huppert. Finding Bernadette Lafont no less intriguing. Philippe Noiret also inching his way into my best actors list.

There's an offer on Mubi of Rs 1299 for an year (Regular is Rs 1999).
Valid for today only.
I do not know if there is any eligibility criteria.
No criteria. I used the offer last week, the same day it opened. So did a friend of mine. I had taken a 6 month break from Mubi after my last yearly subscription had expired. But my friend is a first timer, so I'm sure this should be open to all.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back