Multi-region Oppo BDP83

While surfing one of the hifi forums found a link to a firmware that makes the Oppo BDP 83 multi region for DVD and Blu ray.

Oppo bdp 83 multi region firmware upgrade at Codefreedvd.com

However, it appears this will void the Oppo warranty, not sure if its anyway valid unless you buy it in India.

Wanted to know if anyone in this forum has tried this and does it really work.

Well warrenty is 1yr,so after you can make it regfree.

While surfing one of the hifi forums found a link to a firmware that makes the Oppo BDP 83 multi region for DVD and Blu ray.

Oppo bdp 83 multi region firmware upgrade at Codefreedvd.com

However, it appears this will void the Oppo warranty, not sure if its anyway valid unless you buy it in India.

Wanted to know if anyone in this forum has tried this and does it really work.

Yes this a software hack and it makes the Oppo region free for both BD and Dvd. This hack would work until you upgrade your player officially from Oppo's site and once you upgrade your player you will have to wait for a fresh hack to be released offcourse unofficially. As for the warranty part I would ask you to update the player with the official firmware before sending the player for service which would validate your warranty if it ever exists in India.

I own an Oppo 83 and regularly read the AVS forum.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1124287&page=646

A search here gives a lot of information on this. My take on this is it works well. With SD DVDS, it's straightforward and works like previous Oppos, and is unaffected by subsequent firmware updates. The Blu-Ray region free (A,B, and C) must be given a 4 figure code when the region changes. This Blu-Ray change appears to go away with firmware updates leaving one at the whim of the distributor of the hacked firmware versions. As to warranty, I understand one can readily and quickly reapply a previous official version during any repair needs. Please read links in the forum to get more factual than my (old) memory holds.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back