Multiple bad experiences with The Revolver Club, Mumbai

ajuvignesh

Hi all,

With a very heart, I am penning down this.

I ordered a Tannoy XT6F on 28 April 2021 through www.therevolverclub.com. I was told that the product is in a sealed box. The ordering experience was good but I had so much of pain dealing with the revolver club and courier partner, Bluedart. This was during Covid days.

It was supposed to ship to me in Kanyakumari from Kripa electronics, Chennai. Instead, they shipped it to the Mumbai office via air. The speaker contains magnets and Bluedart wanted some sort of acknowledgement so that they can ship it to Mumbai via air or by road. Revolver club and Kripa made little effort to acknowledge it and the package was in the courier facility for some days and was returned to the sender.

The Next attempt was made and the courier almost reached my place but the seller requested Bluedart to return it back to the sender. After a couple of days, the shipment was shipped again. And on May 15th, 2021, my shipment was delivered. It took 17 days to get the product from Chennai to Kanyakumari while normally other couriers deliver stuff in 24 hours. The owner of therevolverclub.com rarely attends or returns my call. He doesn't reply much to my WhatsApp message too.

I spent about a lac and this is what I got in return.

Then comes another bad experience.

I inspected the package. It was in bad shape with water markings and torn cardboards.
I anyway opened the package and found the speakers were in good shape. But, the manual was drenched in water.
In addition to that, I found the grills and spikes were missing. I called Jude from revolver club (he attended) and told him everything. He said that I can return the package and he will refund me ( he cannot replace it because this was the last piece available).

OR,

Or, he can arrange the spikes (either Tannoy's or Fyne audio's as both are almost similar in construction) but not the grills as it is a legacy product. I agreed with him about the spikes as the speakers were sounding fantastic and it was also beautiful that I don't want to send it back.

Mine is a carpeted floor and I need the spikes.

I kept enquiring about the spikes and he had no proper answer. Even after a year today.
Now, Jude never picks up or returns my calls. My WhatsApp messages are being ignored.
I have contacted Revolver club's logistics department. They replied to me initially but they too stopped replying to me altogether. I have no clue what to do next.
I will not purchase anything from them again.

I should have returned the product. But, Jude's words were very assuring that I will get the spikes and decided to keep the product. And now, I get no reply from them.

I couldn't fetch many chats as It was on my old phone. However, I have attached a few screenshots of chatting with Jude and his logistics dept.

If you're dealing with the revolver club, please be careful as you can be cheated.

Attachments

• IMG_2748-min.jpg
    IMG_2748-min.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2749-min.PNG
    IMG_2749-min.PNG
    842.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2750-min.PNG
    IMG_2750-min.PNG
    960.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2751-min.PNG
    IMG_2751-min.PNG
    887.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2752-min.PNG
    IMG_2752-min.PNG
    838.7 KB · Views: 101
I have had a couple of experiences dealing with him. He's not a man of his word. Keeps shifting goal posts. Overpromises and underdelivers. Responds to messages only 50% of the time. He promised me delivery in 2 days, and I ended up receiving goods only after 3 weeks. He charged me extra for making a wooden crate for the goods but didn't provide one. Luckily for me, the goods arrived intact.

It appears that he doesn't stock some of the stuff. It comes from dealers elsewhere and finds himself caught between his customers and his distributors. He's a nice guy, but, unfortunately, appears to not be able to keep up or cope.

The Next attempt was made and the courier almost reached my place but the seller requested Bluedart to return it back to the sender.
This is strange! Unless they wanted to switch the goods.

I kept enquiring about the spikes and he had no proper answer. Even after a year today.
Now, Jude never picks up or returns my calls. My WhatsApp messages are being ignored.
Highly unprofessional.

I should have returned the product. But, Jude's words were very assuring that I will get the spikes and decided to keep the product. And now, I get no reply from them.
He got me there, too.

I have had a couple of experiences dealing with him. He's not a man of his word. Keeps shifting goal posts. Overpromises and underdelivers. Responds to messages only 50% of the time. He promised me delivery in 2 days, and I ended up receiving goods only after 3 weeks. He charged me extra for making a wooden crate for the goods but didn't provide one. Luckily for me, the goods arrived intact.
That's sad to hear. Good that your products were delivered intact. It is bad of him that he charged for the wooden crate and under-delivered.
The least he can do is to attend the calls. He fails even at that.
This is strange! Unless they wanted to switch the goods.
That is the possibility but as far as I know, mine was the last piece.
As you said, he was very unprofessional. As I was saying, the least he could do was to attend to the calls and messages.

It appears that he doesn't stock some of the stuff. It comes from dealers elsewhere and finds himself caught between his customers and his distributors. He's a nice guy, but, unfortunately, appears to not be able to keep up or cope.
In my case too, he acted as a middle guy between Kripa electronics and me.

I'm just using without spikes at all. I am looking for aftermarket stuff. Trying my luck with Fyne audio as well.
Alternatively, I would recommend these https://www.ebay.com/itm/1446138585...RIQBBNsEGSpFdIt3paxbkHg57x|tkp:Bk9SR6iM2rDYYA

These won't work on carpet but you can have large flat stones on the carpet and then stand speakers on them. That is how I use them...please see below.

1661130050064.png

These may not be available in India but please explore if any of your knowns can carry it from Europe.

My experience with Revolverclub is somewhat mixed but I can not say it is negative. Last year they had a few good items on sale, I think through Kripa, they were going through a clearance of Denon and Marantz gear at the time.
They had a Denon 1600 amp at a really good price, there were only two of these available, one silver and the other in Black. I purchased the silver one without consulting them and paid online.
The next couple of days I was expecting to receive confirmation that my package has shipped but there was no such intimation. I think on the third day I missed a call which turned out to be from Revolver club. When I reached out some girl answered and she said Jude would be calling me.
Jude did call me later that day and told me that this Denon was not with him and would ship from Kripa, plus he has seen there is a scuff mark on one of its corners and he does not wish to sell it. That this is a heavy piece of equipment and for it to have such a scuff mark it must have gone through some sort of impact which makes him uneasy selling it. I really appreciated him being truthful straight upfront with it.
There was a couple of days delay in reversing the online payment but that he said was due to some sort of accounting issue at their end but I did get my full money back and appreciated the fact that perhaps it saved me from a lot of needless hassle.

Thank you so much @bornfi. I will consider this. The only hassle is to find the thread measurements.

My experience with Revolverclub is somewhat mixed but I can not say it is negative. Last year they had a few good items on sale, I think through Kripa, they were going through a clearance of Denon and Marantz gear at the time.
They had a Denon 1600 amp at a really good price, there were only two of these available, one silver and the other in Black. I purchased the silver one without consulting them and paid online.
The next couple of days I was expecting to receive confirmation that my package has shipped but there was no such intimation. I think on the third day I missed a call which turned out to be from Revolver club. When I reached out some girl answered and she said Jude would be calling me.
Jude did call me later that day and told me that this Denon was not with him and would ship from Kripa, plus he has seen there is a scuff mark on one of its corners and he does not wish to sell it. That this is a heavy piece of equipment and for it to have such a scuff mark it must have gone through some sort of impact which makes him uneasy selling it. I really appreciated him being truthful straight upfront with it.
There was a couple of days delay in reversing the online payment but that he said was due to some sort of accounting issue at their end but I did get my full money back and appreciated the fact that perhaps it saved me from a lot of needless hassle.
That's indeed a good gesture from him. My main compliant is the communication with the revolver club. You would have seen the screenshots

Last edited:
That's indeed a good gesture from him. My main compliant is the communication with the revolver club. You would have seen the screenshots
I agree, they probably need to sort out and prioritize the logistics side of things more. Other than that members here vouched for them that they are a proper brick and mortar entity and have been in business for a long time.

Yes, I had a bad experience also with them. I ordered the KEF LSX from them sometime ago. I was specifically told on WhatsApp that it will be a brand new sealed pair. I got an open box delivered after multiple delays. I could tell the power cables etc. had been used. Though to be fair the speakers themseleves were in brand new condition. Communication as the OP stated was very very poor so I didn't even bother to get it replaced. I will not be buying from them again - even if there was a heavy discount, which is what lured me in the first time. Shame

Yes, I had a bad experience also with them. I ordered the KEF LSX from them sometime ago. I was specifically told on WhatsApp that it will be a brand new sealed pair. I got an open box delivered after multiple delays. I could tell the power cables etc. had been used. Though to be fair the speakers themseleves were in brand new condition. Communication as the OP stated was very very poor so I didn't even bother to get it replaced. I will not be buying from them again - even if there was a heavy discount, which is what lured me in the first time. Shame
Yeah. The communication is too bad, Imo. I suspect mine was also an opened product.
I would suggest readers to go to his shop and purchase things. This courier thing just do not work with the revolver club.
I have seen good products with very good discounts which makes us tempting to buy it.
Seeing the owners experience, Luckily I didn't buy it. Thanks for sharing it @ajuvignesh
Welcome, Rajith. Yeah, the offers are very lucrative. Wish their customer care is good.

Hi all,

I ordered a Tannoy XT6F on 28 April 2021 through www.therevolverclub.com. I was told that the product is in a sealed box. The ordering experience was good but I had so much of pain dealing with the revolver club and courier partner, Bluedart. This was during Covid days.

It was supposed to ship to me in Kanyakumari from Kripa electronics, Chennai. Instead, they shipped it to the Mumbai office via air. The speaker contains magnets and Bluedart wanted some sort of acknowledgement so that they can ship it to Mumbai via air or by road. Revolver club and Kripa made little effort to acknowledge it and the package was in the courier facility for some days and was returned to the sender.

The Next attempt was made and the courier almost reached my place but the seller requested Bluedart to return it back to the sender. After a couple of days, the shipment was shipped again. And on May 15th, 2021, my shipment was delivered. It took 17 days to get the product from Chennai to Kanyakumari while normally other couriers deliver stuff in 24 hours. The owner of therevolverclub.com rarely attends or returns my call. He doesn't reply much to my WhatsApp message too.

I inspected the package. It was in bad shape with water markings and torn cardboards.
I anyway opened the package and found the speakers were in good shape. But, the manual was drenched in water.
In addition to that, I found the grills and spikes were missing. I called Jude from revolver club (he attended) and told him everything. He said that I can return the package and he will refund me ( he cannot replace it because this was the last piece available).

OR,

Or, he can arrange the spikes (either Tannoy's or Fyne audio's as both are almost similar in construction) but not the grills as it is a legacy product. I agreed with him about the spikes as the speakers were sounding fantastic and it was also beautiful that I don't want to send it back.

I have contacted Revolver club's logistics department. They replied to me initially but they too stopped replying to me altogether. I have no clue what to do next.

I couldn't fetch many chats as It was on my old phone. However, I have attached a few screenshots of chatting with Jude and his logistics dept.

If you're dealing with the revolver club, please be careful as you can be cheated.
Hi all,

OR,

I sympathise with you. I am in a similar situation.

However, I cannot fault Jude and TRC. They have been nothing but supportive and tried their level best to help out in my case. I agree that they don’t always reply back immediately, but they do eventually get back.

The main culprit here is Kripa Electronics.

I bought a pair of Tannoy precision 6.2 floorstanders at the same sale as you, together with another pair of speakers and a lot of other items and equipment. In fact all the equipment I presently have at home is through TRC and most of it has been supplied by Kripa Electronics.

My home interiors are now getting done and I unboxed the speakers to install them only to find that one of them is chipped at one end, the jumpers are missing, and more importantly, the spikes and feet are missing.

I contacted Jude/TRC and he got on it.

The slight chip on the speaker I am ready to accept, even the missing jumpers since I shall be bi-wiring my speakers. But the spikes and feet are required, which is what I have asked for.

At the same time, I’ve also been put in touch with Kripa Electronics. The lady who has been assigned my case now tells me that Kripa has taken the position that since the speakers were bought in April 2021, they can do nothing about it. According to her, the onus is on me. I should have checked both speakers on receipt. Kripa are unwilling to accept responsibility for sending a product that was damaged and missing items.

I accept that I should have checked both speakers when I bought it. I didn’t as i have been associated with Jude and TRC for some time and I had no reason to think there would be a problem. but I find it ridiculous that Kripa believe they are infallible and could not have made such a mistake, and that they have absolutely no responsibility in this instance. A distributor of their size, I would imagine they would at least check a package before sending it, or then maybe they knew.

From the way the lady has spoken today and the things she has said, one would assume that Kripa seemed only to want to get rid of their dead inventory by hook or by crook, and cut losses.

First they asked for the invoice, then started stating policies, then said policies are secondary, finally saying I should have checked the package when I received it, without however accepting that they too should have checked the package before sending it. Then, they realise it’s a legacy product and parts may not be available or may be difficult to come by. By any standards, it was an unprofessional conversation today, especially since I have met Mr. Chawla in 2021 and didn’t expect his organisation to operate like this.

Still, she asked for some time to work this case out, and while after today’s conversation I do not have much hope with KEI, I still have faith in Jude and TRC, until proven wrong.

but going further, I would advise customers to check if the source distributor is KEI. If they are, they absolutely must check the items immediately on receipt.

Sorry for you that you have to go through a lot because of Kripa electronics. Yes, they are at fault as the products were shipped from their warehouse.
But, I paid my money to the revolver club and the least they could do is to reply to my messages or attend my calls. I don't understand why a company has to estrange it's customer when he is genuine with his queries.

Sorry for you that you have to go through a lot because of Kripa electronics. Yes, they are at fault as the products were shipped from their warehouse.
But, I paid my money to the revolver club and the least they could do is to reply to my messages or attend my calls. I don't understand why a company has to estrange it's customer when he is genuine with his queries.
I would urge you to get in touch with TRC again and solve it amicably. They are genuine and I’m sure they would help you any which way they can.

I should have read this thread before, I have pre-ordered Wiim Pro from TRC and it has been about 2months plus now, but the item is yet to be shipped. When I enquired, I was told it would arrive by April end, then 10th May, then 15th May. When I asked them through WhatsApp if 15th May is the final expected date since they keep changing the date further, I was told the concerned person will get in touch with me but no one has contacted me whatsoever.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back