Murthy's Cables ( tools & trades ) bangalore

Mr. Murthy made some nice banana pin terminations for me. He used a type of banana pin that can be tightened after insertion. First time I seen this; prevents loose connections and slips.
His workmanship is meticulous and he takes pride in his work; I have watched him and admire this.
He is making a Subwoofer connect wire with a neutrik connector (to use with an old REL Strata 2) and a balanced isolation transformer for me. Hope to get these soon.

The RCA connector was a first for me as well, i was wondering why these are loose till i figured out the tightening approach :D .Recently got 2 RCA cables and a power chord.

I got my RCA and power cable delivered today. Honestly speaking, I thought it was a myth and I am proven wrong. I openly accept that good quality cables and interconnects do matter and I request all those people who are serious about their gears to invest in these and you will definitely notice the difference. A considerable one.
Moreover Mr Krishna Murthy is a gem of a person. Very good when it comes to interact and has immense knowledge about sound reproduction. His cables are top knotch and is definitely worth the price. My next try is to go in for the speaker cables without the interconnectes as I don’t intend on swapping once connected so I feel banana connectors does not matter.

The RCA connector was a first for me as well, i was wondering why these are loose till i figured out the tightening approach :D .Recently got 2 RCA cables and a power chord.
I was wondering why these are soooo tight.
I was in sweats.
then called him and he told me how to loose the connector.
How silly of me .:D

Haha mine were not hanging on to the ports at all , was used to the plug and play RCA connectors till date . A FM guided me on how to connect the same :p

1.5 metsrs Powr Cord Rs.1800
It is quite easy to make very good power cords yourself.

1. You can get IEC plugs from either ELCOM or Schurter. The first is roughly 75 each and the latter is about 500 each.
2. For electric plugs I always use MK three pin plugs. They have solid brass rods and fit smugly inside any socket.
3. For cables the choice is a three core 1.5 sq.mm (or 2.5 sq.mm if you are as mad as me) from Finolex, Orbit or Lapp.

On the IEC side, strip the length required and solder the multi-core bare wire. Insert it into the IEC plug and simply tighten the screws. The IEC plugs have marking for Live (L), and Neutral (N). The middle one is always earthing. The cables are always Red or Brown for Live, Black or grey for neutral, and Green for earthing.

On the other side, simply twist the multi-core bare wire, insert into the +ve, neutral, and earth points and tighten the screws. There will be a few strands that escape. Simply snip them off.

That is all it takes. Believe me, these (simple) power cords work beautifully for both music and movies.

Once a year, I simply remove the IEC plug, throw it away and use a new one.

After a few attempts, you can make a power cord of the length you need in less than 30 minutes. Total costs will be less than 750 depending upon the components and cables you choose. One of the things I am planning to do for the next round is to take the connectors in the IEC plus and get them silver or gold plated.

In the pictures below, I have used a ELCOM IEC Plug, an MK plug and Orbit 2.5 sq.mm cable.

Elcom IEC Plug.jpgMK_Plug.jpgPowerCord.jpg

It is quite easy to make very good power cords yourself.

1. You can get IEC plugs from either ELCOM or Schurter. The first is roughly 75 each and the latter is about 500 each.
2. For electric plugs I always use MK three pin plugs. They have solid brass rods and fit smugly inside any socket.
3. For cables the choice is a three core 1.5 sq.mm (or 2.5 sq.mm if you are as mad as me) from Finolex, Orbit or Lapp.

On the IEC side, strip the length required and solder the multi-core bare wire. Insert it into the IEC plug and simply tighten the screws. The IEC plugs have marking for Live (L), and Neutral (N). The middle one is always earthing. The cables are always Red or Brown for Live, Black or grey for neutral, and Green for earthing.

On the other side, simply twist the multi-core bare wire, insert into the +ve, neutral, and earth points and tighten the screws. There will be a few strands that escape. Simply snip them off.

That is all it takes. Believe me, these (simple) power cords work beautifully for both music and movies.

Once a year, I simply remove the IEC plug, throw it away and use a new one.

After a few attempts, you can make a power cord of the length you need in less than 30 minutes. Total costs will be less than 750 depending upon the components and cables you choose. One of the things I am planning to do for the next round is to take the connectors in the IEC plus and get them silver or gold plated.

In the pictures below, I have used a ELCOM IEC Plug, an MK plug and Orbit 2.5 sq.mm cable.

View attachment 50839
Any Indian links to get those IEC plugs? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

MaSh

ELCOM
--------
Elcom is an Indian company. The Elcom IEC plug - Model EMO-40-X+ - should be available in the local markets.

Product Page: https://elcom-in.com/search-page/?swpquery=EMO-40-X+

Dealers / Distributors: https://elcom-in.com/dealers-and-distributors-india/

Fortunately for me, the local retailer called Mercy Electronics stocks them. Call your local dealer and check with them.

Schurter
---------
Schurter 4782 - Rs.427.78
Schurter 4785 - Rs.539.47

New Model with lock
https://www.schurter.com/en/datasheet/4783 - Rs. 373.76

Availability

You will need to loosen the interconnect , push till the connector hugs onto the equipment analog port and then tigthen the interconnect back. In the entire connection sequence somehow this part feels so much fun and satisfying to do :) You need to follow the same process to unlock as well since it becomes super tight after you follow the above process.

You will need to loosen the interconnect , push till the connector hugs onto the equipment analog port and then tigthen the interconnect back. In the entire connection sequence somehow this part feels so much fun and satisfying to do :) You need to follow the same process to unlock as well since it becomes super tight after you follow the above process.
Sounds like we may need a separate thread for discussing banana plugs !

I tried this with the speaker wires but didnt make a difference. It still seems loose to me. Maybe I will check with Mr. Murthy.

I thought you were taking about RCA interconnects, aren't the speaker cables terminated with Banana Plugs ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back