MX or DAC rca interconnect ? budget wars !!

amangujral06

Hey members, I have a pioneer bookshelf and a marantz amplifier, I was using a fairly cheap Rca from asus xonar to amplifier. My 4 yrs old nephew broke one of the rca connector so i was just browsing on amazon and HIFImart for some decent upgrade this time.

So i stumbled upon two cable brand withing my budget 1000-1200rs . MX and DAC , both are loved brand on this forum but i cant find detailed reviews for them. May it be on connector/cable build quality or improvement in sound over other similarly priced cables like amazon basics, monoprice, bandridge,belkin etc.

I have eyes on two rca interconnects .
1) MX 2707 - benefit being the cable is made of ULC-OFC (Ultimate Linear Crystal Oxygen Free Copper)
s-l300.jpg

2) DAC ARX01A - benefit being the cable has double sheilding of PVC and Braid sheild.
dac-arx01a-2rca-to-2rca-audio-interconnect-cable-79-600x600.gif

Looking for inputs from users of these cables and also if a better option is available for 1mt cable for 1000-1200 INR .
thanks.

Hey members, I have a pioneer bookshelf and a marantz amplifier, I was using a fairly cheap Rca from asus xonar to amplifier. My 4 yrs old nephew broke one of the rca connector so i was just browsing on amazon and HIFImart for some decent upgrade this time.

So i stumbled upon two cable brand withing my budget 1000-1200rs . MX and DAC , both are loved brand on this forum but i cant find detailed reviews for them. May it be on connector/cable build quality or improvement in sound over other similarly priced cables like amazon basics, monoprice, bandridge,belkin etc.

I have eyes on two rca interconnects .
1) MX 2707 - benefit being the cable is made of ULC-OFC (Ultimate Linear Crystal Oxygen Free Copper)
View attachment 25203

2) DAC ARX01A - benefit being the cable has double sheilding of PVC and Braid sheild.
View attachment 25204

Looking for inputs from users of these cables and also if a better option is available for 1mt cable for 1000-1200 INR .
thanks.

I can't comment about MX one, but I bought DAC one. Before placing an order, please make sure - MX 2707 - benefit being the cable is made of ULC-OFC (Ultimate Linear Crystal Oxygen Free Copper) is a pack of 2 cables not single, although I am not sure about it, else you need to order 2 numbers

Though I don't have any experience with the two above, I have a pair of amazon basics rca and a pair of monoprice rca. I find the amazon basics to be a bit better that monoprice in terms on build quality. But I don't find any difference sonically between them as such or you could say my budget system isn't revealing enough that I could perceive the difference.
From the above two I would prefer to try MX rca as is claims to be ofc.

Amazon basics are typical Chinese and specially their speaker's cable. You can consider buying this pair of Bandridge.
Wait till you try the rca. They are quite good for the money. Plus shit load of products today are Chinese be it budget or premium.
I haven't used Bandridge rca, but I have used Bandridge aux cable a few years ago and it was quite bad quality product.

Wait till you try the rca. They are quite good for the money. Plus shit load of products today are Chinese be it budget or premium.
I haven't used Bandridge rca, but I have used Bandridge aux cable a few years ago and it was quite bad quality product.
I wasn't talking about their plugs, they are well made. I was talking about the speaker's cable which are basically CCA as most of the customers reviewed and not pure copper. As far as Bandridge is concerned I never encountered bad product from them, I'm still using their RCA and also used one from DAIYO not a difference though.

I can't comment about MX one, but I bought DAC one. Before placing an order, please make sure - MX 2707 - benefit being the cable is made of ULC-OFC (Ultimate Linear Crystal Oxygen Free Copper) is a pack of 2 cables not single, although I am not sure about it, else you need to order 2 numbers

If they really use ULC-OFC copper, it would be very interesting to try this cable. Few years back I bought three core shielded power cables from MX which is claimed to be 6N purity (meaning 99.9999% pure) copper. I still use it. It is impressively good. Later I bought a similar gauge 3-core shielded power cable from MX but it wasn't 6N and there was substantial difference in the sound when using the two power cables on the same audio gear.

How was your experience with the DAC cable ? Any new revelations when you switched it with your old one?

As for Amazon basics, I ruled it out is it ain't sheilded cable. My cable runs next to my PC and router, so sheilded cable is one I will prefer this time.

Also I would prefer solid metal connector over moulded like bandridge.

MX sure looks promising but I really have my doubts over its claim of pure crystal copper. Thus looking for inputs from forum members.

DAC IC are warm and clean sounding cables and like it over MX cable with monster connectors.
MX diggs good details but DAC sounds refined to me.l have tried DAC lC in different setups and l prefer then more.ln warm sounding setup,one can feel high frequency rolled off.

Good details is what I long for . My Asus has enough warmth of its own from it's op-amps. Just took a leap of faith on linear crystal copper wire claim from MX and placed an order for two individual 5 feet mx2707 .

A friend of mine has a fairly expensive RCA . I will post a review of the cable and a sonic comparison once it arrives and breaks in .

Thanks to all .

Good details is what I long for . My Asus has enough warmth of its own from it's op-amps. Just took a leap of faith on linear crystal copper wire claim from MX and placed an order for two individual 5 feet mx2707 .

A friend of mine has a fairly expensive RCA . I will post a review of the cable and a sonic comparison once it arrives and breaks in .

Thanks to all .
MX has some great quality products. So how much did it cost you? And source of purchase?

Just a small update , just recieved my MX cables today .Both came in different packets. One came in a box , one came loose . Both cables have same connectors but both cables are different in thickness , one has MX writeup printed on its cable (thick one) , one doesn't have anything (thin cable)

To add to that, both cables are of different lengths!! Clearly MX ain't playing nice here.

I dropped a message on ebay to the seller, tried contacting the seller provided mobile phone numbers . As it's a Sunday today , all phone numbers are switched off.

I am going to open a case on ebay as I don't accept such theievary .

Will post detail pics of these cables once i A/b them to make sure they vary sonically too

Just a small update , just recieved my MX cables today .Both came in different packets. One came in a box , one came loose . Both cables have same connectors but both cables are different in thickness , one has MX writeup printed on its cable (thick one) , one doesn't have anything (thin cable)

To add to that, both cables are of different lengths!! Clearly MX ain't playing nice here.

I dropped a message on ebay to the seller, tried contacting the seller provided mobile phone numbers . As it's a Sunday today , all phone numbers are switched off.

I am going to open a case on ebay as I don't accept such theievary .

Will post detail pics of these cables once i A/b them to make sure they vary sonically too
Thats really sad. Some pictures?

So, now after atleast 10 tracks on a blind test, i can confirm MX cheated on this one. A very cheap act form our indian company. Very very disappointed. If it would have been some third party seller, things would have been different. But MX-MDR Mumbai themselves playing this game is just not acceptable.

Sonically both cables are different, the difference is instant. treble just shreaks into ones ears in the no-marking/thin cable. soo much detail lost in cable itself , like listening to some cheap copy .

Here i am posting the pictures for the forum members , so they may be careful in future if ever they decide to buy cables form MX.
left one with no marking on the cable with white ring is the one which came straight from mdr mumbai in loose packing.

IMG_20180121_145903.jpg

IMG_20180121_145925.jpg

IMG_20180121_150228.jpgIMG_20180121_150412.jpg

Two different packets for same order, such actions are not mistakes, rather deliberate attempts to cheap out and maximize profits. I was taken back by LOOSE packing .Who send loose cables if there wasn't an intention of mischief here . Took a leap of faith in Indian brands only to be left disappointed. Raised a claim on ebay , dropped an email to MDR mumbai . Will update this thread as i get to listen their side of story.

Two different packets for same order, such actions are not mistakes, rather deliberate attempts to cheap out and maximize profits. I was taken back by LOOSE packing .Who send loose cables if there wasn't an intention of mischief here . Took a leap of faith in Indian brands only to be left disappointed. Raised a claim on ebay , dropped an email to MDR mumbai . Will update this thread as i get to listen their side of story.

Please request for a refund. And I suggest to stay away from eBay, it was best few years ago, but worst now

I have this DAC ARX01A and connected my integrated amp. Results outstanding. You can feel the instrumental separation :) Happy to recommend this one.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back