MX or DAC rca interconnect ? budget wars !!

so, back here to update my experience with MX india. The sales team acknowledged their mistake but didnt give me any reason for their action.
I guess this was intentional , and they weren't expecting to get caught.
Anyways, i got refunded for the FAKE cable. So i just used the connectors from it to split the original one into two cables. So, now i have two RCA of 2.25 feet in length.

So, about the sound. Yes it made a difference . Over any other rca i had (cheap ones) and others that i compared it with upto its same price tag from likes of bandridge, belkin, scoshe etc , the MX sounded the cleanest, most detailed and effortless.

But then i compared it to some Polish made (4 times the price of MX) Melodika RCA cable, so called- "Purple Rain", but that is another story and a whole new experience .

so, last sunday i asked my friend to bring his expensive rca to my place so we can compare if this mx lives up to my hearing potential or was it all just snake oil i was listening to .
My friend brought along his NU prime amplifier , which is a fairly expensive amp . He claimed if there is a difference , that can only be seen through a revealing amplifier such as his.

We did dozens of blind test on my amplifier first , and i have to admit he was right. We couldn't find a bit of difference between the MX and Melodika. then we switched, and boy that was it . i am totally convinced i have to upgrade my amp .. lol.

Even my wife , who hardly cares about my crazy music addiction could spot the better cable every time. So while MX makes good cables. I now don't believe in their claim of Pure linear crystal copper which is generally found in cables 10 times the price to be true.

The melodika cable wasn't even PLC-OFC . It was simple plain ofc 99.99% copper cable. MX just printed PLC-OFC it on its cable, because they can.
The real PLC-OFC cable are yet to to heard by me or my friend. I hope to meet someone here who might have one such cable , for me to compare.

so, last sunday i asked my friend to bring his expensive rca to my place so we can compare if this mx lives up to my hearing potential or was it all just snake oil i was listening to .
My friend brought along his NU prime amplifier , which is a fairly expensive amp . He claimed if there is a difference , that can only be seen through a revealing amplifier such as his.

We did dozens of blind test on my amplifier first , and i have to admit he was right. We couldn't find a bit of difference between the MX and Melodika. then we switched, and boy that was it . i am totally convinced i have to upgrade my amp .. lol.

Even my wife , who hardly cares about my crazy music addiction could spot the better cable every time. So while MX makes good cables. I now don't believe in their claim of Pure linear crystal copper which is generally found in cables 10 times the price to be true.

The melodika cable wasn't even PLC-OFC . It was simple plain ofc 99.99% copper cable. MX just printed PLC-OFC it on its cable, because they can.
The real PLC-OFC cable are yet to to heard by me or my friend. I hope to meet someone here who might have one such cable , for me to compare.

sorry to stir up this old thread, but from your conclusion its not clear if the difference was due to cables or due to the Amp and which one sounded better.

sorry to stir up this old thread, but from your conclusion its not clear if the difference was due to cables or due to the Amp and which one sounded better.

the amplifier made it possible to easily distinguish between the cables. Melodika on the better amplifier was far far ahead of MX, at this point, the MX sounded like generic cheap cable like amazon basic or belkin.

To add,even speakers also important.ln some speakers,its hard to find much of the difference.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back