1. AVR: Marantz SR 5007
2. Fronts: Monitor Audio M4
3. Center: Monitor Audio M Center
4. Surrounds: Monitor Audio M2 bookshelves in horizontal position
5. Source: Panasonic DMP BDT 220 acting as a Media Player
6. Sub woofer: Astonia
7. Projector: Epson EH TW 6100
8. Screen: Grandview 120 inches manual pull down
9. Speaker Cables used: Stackfine (10 metres each for fronts and center- about 2+ mm thick) and Street Wise

All snaps have been taken using only a smartphone (low end) in darkness with the phone flash, hence please excuse the low clarity.

The movie being played is the Eagles concert on DVD (hence please excuse the clarity again)

After a lot of experimentation I have moved the fronts and center closer to me and away from the screen- i believe its making the experience more immersive.

Fronts are biamped using the additional 2 channels (7.2)

Thanks for watching- any comments are welcome...

Last edited:
Thats a pretty Neat Gear to Start with, You would enjoy for Long time.Few comments i would like to Suggest on the Setup,which should increase the SQ.

1.Center Speaker shall be atleast 4 Feet from Floor,As i could guess currently they should be 1-2 Feet Height.

2.Do some thing on the SUB placement some where not around Wooden Boxes or Shelfs.
3.Fronts are far away from screen..So just try keep them just 1-2 Feets closer to screen.

4.Pull the screen Up or reduce the Height of the Screen.

I could see that you room is constraint to build the right Placement.

One Small request-Just Place the Floor standers on some Material :-(,seems they are barely on ground.

Why have you kept the surrounds in horizontal position? They were not made to disperse sound in that position rather vertical. So this may end you up with a slightly different perception of the same sound when tweeter is also at same level as the driver.

Congrats Amarendra.
Finally the projector is justified. :)

The speakers are too far away from the screen (for the first time I am seeing such a layout!). I think you should manage to place it closer to the screen and if needed shift your listening position closer. I know it could block the way to kitchen but I feel you could manage just enough ( you have not used the full size of the screen so the speaker can come in front of screen. This way you will also avoid your kid tripping over the centre speaker wire... ;)

And I guess you will soon feel a need for sub upgrade as I have seen your living room is quite big and also opens to other rooms as well.

Great observation Santy :) You are right about the center speaker. I manually move it to the center of the room when watching a movie. Surprisingly the sound still seems to emanate from the center of the screen though the speakers are far away from the screen.
The problem with keeping the fronts closer to the screen is that they get placed very close to each other as well as to the center speaker. The kitchen door is a problem so the right speaker comes closer to the center speaker. Also with the distance between the fronts coming to about just about 5 feet, and the earlier listening distance being about 22 feet, I wasn't able to differentiate too much between left and right effects. Finally Mumbai being Mumbai we are all slaves of real estate :)

Haisaikat, the surrounds are at a height of more than 3 feet from head level once seated so I thought of moving the tweeter closer to ear level.

Finally Santy your visit to my place turned out to be the trigger to get a full system in place and I now realize the full impact of your comments made about a year back.

Its a very good sub. Performs as expected and the 10 inch driver with the stated 200 watts of amplification is more than enough for my room 12x 23

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back