My DIY Speaker Stand Project

that is one great looking peace of furniture. :clapping:
I am sure that cnc guys must be keeping copies of your creation and trying to settle a business deal with some big furniture retailer/shop.
I have one small question why did you go for a solid design, I mean isn't it the wastage of material if we consider the weight that is placed on it.
second if you were going for the solid design then the trunk/middle part of the stand could be a lot thinner and that In my opinion may have looked more sexy.
I am not trying to make your design look bad or anything, I just want to know the thought process.
good luck with your HT room, hoping to see some more indigenous work.

oh i have one more question how did you gave your design to cnc guy. i mean you gave measurements on paper or you showed them your sketchup design.
or there is a specific format that these guys use.

I have one small question why did you go for a solid design, I mean isn't it the wastage of material if we consider the weight that is placed on it.
second if you were going for the solid design then the trunk/middle part of the stand could be a lot thinner and that In my opinion may have looked more sexy.
I am not trying to make your design look bad or anything, I just want to know the thought process.
good luck with your HT room, hoping to see some more indigenous work.

The solid design made the stands heavy and it sits on the ground like a trunk.
I do consider that making the middle part a bit thinner would have made them more good looking. I just make it fat just to make them heavy. That's all.

I'm glad that you liked it. I'll keep your suggestions in mind for my future projects.

oh i have one more question how did you gave your design to cnc guy. i mean you gave measurements on paper or you showed them your sketchup design.
or there is a specific format that these guys use.

I think most of commercial CNC machine comes with integrated Corel draw. I handed over the design in sketchup. They re-created the design in Corel draw and made those cuts

I think most of commercial CNC machine comes with integrated Corel draw. I handed over the design in sketchup. They re-created the design in Corel draw and made those cuts

so CNC guys redraw whole thing on their software or they can import the exact piece that one give them. if they redraw then isn't there are chances of miscalculation/ differce from original one.

I think the minimal difference in dimensions will not make much changes in overall outcome. They usually have a designer at their place.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back