My DIY tda1541a dac....

gvenu

Hi all,

Some initial photos of my DIY TDA1541A DAC. Will post about the performance in the coming days. More pictures will follow!

Regards,
Venu

Last edited:
Hi,

Got the kit from analogmetric.com and did the assembly by myself (got some help from my office technician to solder the smd chip). Got the transformer made by a vendor in Delhi.

rgds,
venu

Very exciting Venu. Can you post the specs pls?

Thats a good choice for DAC, I am hearing TDA perform better than Wolfson in few DACs,

Hi,

You can find all the information here:

http://www.analogmetric.com/goods.php?id=194

rgds,
venu

Dear friends,

Be patient. Just completed all function tests and so far everything looks good.

See some more photos.

rgds,
Venu

Last edited:
gvenu, congo! man...

neat kit ...but you told you vil add toroidal i think..
do post review of SQ, did it enhance cdp sound?

hi,
I will have seperate transformers later.

After the assembly and initial testing (mainly power supply) put in all chips and checked the power supply once again to make sure there is no loading. Connected the co ax digital output of my dvd player and there was no sound coming! Had to switch on the digital output in the dvd. To my surprise full bodied music!

The first review is from my wife 'earlier everything (vocals and instruments) were together and now i can hear it seperately'. I did not tell her in advance anything about the dac or its purpose. She only knew that I am doing something new.

I do not have much (any) experience with other dacs but this one sound better than any cdp i heard. It started only last night!

I can invite those who are interested for a listening session during week ends.

Regards
Venu

Last edited:
QUOTEHi ram,

I had the pleasure of meeting venu here in chennai. Though he hails from Kerala he is the product of VIT Vellore and an Electronics Engineer.He is a confident young man and i am sure he will come out with a fine product

cheers,
sri QUOTE
___
Hi venu,
I am delighted you have proved me right.I could feel your excitement when you talked to me today.As i told you this beats the excitement when we buy something and enjoy it.When we try something and it comes out right there is nothing like it. Please keep posting your impressions about the SQ and all the best.

cheers,
sri

Last edited:
thank you for your support!
Venu

Venu, saw this thread late! Congrats! Job well done and even better that you are lovin' the new improved SQ!
Any more stage by stage pics of build? Hopefully, once we have the Gamma2 dac ready, we will have a couple of Dacs for reference. coming to Kerala?
Wish I could make it over there to hear the Philips tda and see the Auto Expo!

hi,
Thanks.
You can come for a listen whenever you are in delhi.
I was in kerala last week! Next time when i come, will inform.
Rgds
Venu

Gvenu with your humble knowledge I'm sure you'll attain good results.:clapping:

Last time I was at your place, it was a great experience to listen to your all tube gear. I definately felt the magic was resultant of the pre- power Corrson combo.

I will call to hear the new DAC experience...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back