My experience with Panasonic 55FZ950 Oled demo.

Dirac

Got a quote of 2.74L for Panasinic 65FZ1000 Oled at chroma. Chroma online has the same price. Am negotiating for ..maybe 2.5L.
55 inch version tested using tv's youtube app,with my phone as hotspot.

Motion processing excellant in dynamic, normal modes. Never expected it. Am satisfied ( my current tv is panasonic ZT60 imported from US which is considered God of Motion).
Did not use other modes.

4k, 1080p, 720p videos tested.
Upscaling of videos is excellant. Colour or contrast were not jarring like in LG c8. Natural. Out of the box settings are enough. No need of fiddling with settings. Sharp and very bright picture(unlike sony af8).
Seen lot of more details for the same videos that I watch regularly.
HDR is automatically detected by youtube app unlike Sony A8F.

The other surprise was sound. Awesome even when we cranked up to 90. This is without the sound bar(which comes with 65 inch version only).

I am sold. Going for it.

Congrats.
Nice to see Panasonic on the shortlist. Most folks only look at Sony, LG and Samsung and miss out on a wonderful brand.
I have been a big fan of Panasonic ever since I bought two of their TVs a few years back.

Was afraid to watch lower quality videos on youtube. The upscaling does a reasonable job. Seeing more details on 360p videos too. The only good way to see such videos is to turn off the Motion processing completely.
For 4k videos, a min setting produces a sharper image though.

OMG!! Congrats, Guess it pays to wait!, We got ourselves the sony AF8, though looked for the Panasonic but it wasn't in stock at the time of Diwali, nonetheless, Couldn't complain.

OMG!! Congrats, Guess it pays to wait!, We got ourselves the sony AF8, though looked for the Panasonic but it wasn't in stock at the time of Diwali, nonetheless, Couldn't complain.
Sony's rendition of the picture is juicy too.

Finally , pulled the trigger.
I am officially the owner of Panasonic 65FZ1000 Oled. Got it for 2.61L from Croma.

What was the default warranty you got with the set? Is there any option to buy extended warranty and if yes what is the cost and for how many years.

My 65VT30 plasma is dying. Lived 6 years so far. Now have vertical lines like waterfall coming down at 4 places evenly spread across the screen. Had logged in a service call, 1000 Rs paid to listen to the panasonic technician tell me that I should let the TV die it's own death. If he tries anything then it might get worse. Had extended warranty for 3 years when I bought but to no avail now.

Am now looking at options for another 65 incher, was thinking about Sony A1E considering the price drop and positive reviews. Not in favour of LGs nor LED tvs after having been used to the PQ of plasma for so long.

What was the default warranty you got with the set? Is there any option to buy extended warranty and if yes what is the cost and for how many years.

My 65VT30 plasma is dying. Lived 6 years so far. Now have vertical lines like waterfall coming down at 4 places evenly spread across the screen. Had logged in a service call, 1000 Rs paid to listen to the panasonic technician tell me that I should let the TV die it's own death. If he tries anything then it might get worse. Had extended warranty for 3 years when I bought but to no avail now.

Am now looking at options for another 65 incher, was thinking about Sony A1E considering the price drop and positive reviews. Not in favour of LGs nor LED tvs after having been used to the PQ of plasma for so long.
I did not opt for extended warranty.

Please can anyone tell me what is the price for 65 Panasonic OLED currently in Bangalore. I hope the price has come down.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back