My film is releasing on September 7

Thanks guys.

Hi Arunhc, the marathi actors are quite disciplined. So its not that much of a stress

WOW, we have a full fledged film maker in our midst!! Congratulations and best of luck, Prem.

Cheers

All the best Prem.. also hoping there will be subtitles for a non Marathi speaking person like me to followup :)

Hi Prem
Congratulations & may this movie be a success.
Didn't know u were a 'filmy' guy!!! Haha
Best Rgds
Dinyaar

Hi prem,

Always wondered what sort of folks produce films, and what roles do they play apart from arranging for the funds? Did the director call all the shots, or you made important decisions about the movie? You do not have to tell the full story, and it's better not to for various reasons, but can you give us a general sort of answer.

In any case, I wish you all the success with this movie.

When I was in high school, I wrote up several scripts, and a friend of mine and I wanted to make a 5 min film based on a Bengali short story. We needed some funds to make it, and our parents summarily dismissed the idea. That was the end of a great director the world could have seen :sad:.

BTW, a few of us were inspired by Satyajit Ray who was the editor of a Bengali children's magazine and was teaching us how to write scripts for films in that magazine, and how it was different from writing a story or a novel. For example, if the story says: "Ram is a good boy", how in the movie this fact will come out? In a documentary, one can narrate something, but it's not ideal to do that in a movie.

Bets wishes again.

Regards.

Hi prem,

Always wondered what sort of folks produce films, and what roles do they play apart from arranging for the funds? Did the director call all the shots, or you made important decisions about the movie? You do not have to tell the full story, and it's better not to for various reasons, but can you give us a general sort of answer.

Bets wishes again.

Regards.

i am too interested in the above queries ... the full story :)

Hi Asit

Today film making is treated as a business. Most calls today are taken by the producer. Right from deciding what kind of film to make to the choice of the director to the actors and technicians to marketing and distributing it. To answer your question, yes, we did take most of the decisions, including the kind of music we wanted to the look and feel of the film.

Congratulation and Best of Luck

So we have a producer friend in our forum - we can think of alternative career in film ;)

Cheers
Pratim

Last edited:
Congrats Prem and hope this movie rakes in the moolah.

I hope the music of the film is recorded to the exacting standards of your home audio

Has the audio CD been recorded/ produced to audiophile standards ?

Today film making is treated as a business.

I "multiquoted" the above two messages to reply but found that Prem has answered them already.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back