My first 5.2.2 HT system - up gradable to 7.2.2

Hi Friends. I am back with lot of listening trials. Since my usage is expected more to be music, i was suggested to look for a high end 2.1 music set up. The suggested set up is

1. Bluesound Powernod 2 (with built in DAC and amp)
2. Pair of high end floor standing speaker
3. Compatible active sub

I have two questions -

1. What is your opinion on above mentioned set up.
2. During trial I listened Piega speaker (sounded great to me) . how do you rate them with competition such as Klipsch, Dali Zensar, Polk Audio and others.

Please help me out.

While it is good to have a nice fancy stereo system which would deliver the world......based on your connectivity of sources requirement and also keeping to technology.......you would be better off with an AVR........if you are looking for a Musical AVR which can deliver good punch and performance......Marantz and Cambridge Audio will work well.....(I use a Marantz SR series and can vouch personally....you are recommended to audition and decide for yourself....afterall you are the end user and it should satisfy you...) Having an AVR can possible help your future needs of enjoying good movie playback......you can add the center and surrounds now or later...all depends on your initial requirement of the entire setup....

Also advisable to visit multiple dealers...never reveal your actual budget besides room / hall size and type of speakers (floor standers, bookshelf, etc).

There are I believe ample members in your location to whom perhaps you can reach out to....perhaps visit them if possible to see for yourself what kind of gear is being used and how does it perform....should there be limited places or dealers for audition....

I would suggest auditioning them, with your own music which you listen to in general. Try to also listen to PSB Imagine T series, Paradigm speakers.
Also as efernand1 mentioned, try to reach out to some FM's and get a good feel of how setup's sound in a real life environment. One final thing is DO NOT hurry. haste is waste in this situation.

Hi Friends sorry for really really late update from my side.
Finally during this Pandemic I could realize my long time dream of setting up either HT or stereo set up. As per one of suggestion made on this forum I decided to go with gradual approach and started with a stereo set up with possibility to scaling up to 7.1 or higher.

I started with Marantz SR5014 and pair of Floorstanders of Dali i.e Oberon 5. I listened to it for six month and performance to my ears were out of this world not oy to music but for movies as well. But later on the movie fan inside me started pushing urge to put a 5.1 setup. So I got a Dali center channel speaker "Vokal" and after 3 months of this bought pair of Dali Oberon 1. I placed it for left and right channel (not as back surrounds).

I am completely satisfied with the performance and also done calibration with Audyssey which came standards with Marantz SR5014. As of now I not feeling to have a subwoofer. Bass seems more than sufficient as of now, but you never know when the kick of having once will get better of my mind.

Please pour on your suggestions regarding anything especially placement of speaker as side surrounds vs back surrounds.

Hi Friends sorry for really really late update from my side.
Finally during this Pandemic I could realize my long time dream of setting up either HT or stereo set up. As per one of suggestion made on this forum I decided to go with gradual approach and started with a stereo set up with possibility to scaling up to 7.1 or higher.

I started with Marantz SR5014 and pair of Floorstanders of Dali i.e Oberon 5. I listened to it for six month and performance to my ears were out of this world not oy to music but for movies as well. But later on the movie fan inside me started pushing urge to put a 5.1 setup. So I got a Dali center channel speaker "Vokal" and after 3 months of this bought pair of Dali Oberon 1. I placed it for left and right channel (not as back surrounds).

I am completely satisfied with the performance and also done calibration with Audyssey which came standards with Marantz SR5014. As of now I not feeling to have a subwoofer. Bass seems more than sufficient as of now, but you never know when the kick of having once will get better of my mind.

Please pour on your suggestions regarding anything especially placement of speaker as side surrounds vs back surrounds.
Even I have entire chain of dali.v much satisfied with the sound.opticon 8 LR
IKON MK2 VOKAL,Lektor 6 as surrounds
Zensor 3 as back surround.
Amazing sound.
Over a period of time add subwoofer.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back