My First and pathetic experience with www.TheITDepot.com

IT-Depot are actually my nearest shop for such stuff :)

You mean your fav online shop or in real nearest shop? If it is really near then I would be highly thankful to you if you will help me out. I will provide you the details and you can just check with them as what made them to send me a used Cabinet.

Now I understand! On first glance I couldn't grasp that the video was not your purchase. Now I see, and this certainly does not look at all right. I'd guess it's a display item.

Now... True, it is not very far from me, although they have a warehouse, I think, that they despatch stuff from. By all means call me an unhelpful wimp, but the opposite to me being a wimp is going into arrogant Brit mode, which I have learnt, over and over, gets me nowhere with suppliers: we get into stand-off mode in 30 seconds flat. (To be honest, it doesn't work much better in UK either, but suppliers tend to be more flexible there). You'd be 200% better off, for a start, with a Tamil speaker. Even though they will speak good English. It's the cultural thing more than the language thing.
I just spoke to the Manager of itdepot. I didnt bash at him and just told him that i am very disappointed with your service. Told them that I can contact Antec and your dealership will be gone but I dont want to do that. I am just asking for the replacement and help me in this case.

He seemed to be polite and said he is sorry that all this happened. Now as discussed with him, i am sending him an email along with the photographs of cabinet. Hopefully they will help me otherwise I will have to take the other route.
This is the way to go, at least for now. Nothing much might have happened on a Sunday.

Any news today?

We were out of town yesterday, but I certainly don't feel much enthusiasm to buy from them after this thread. Anyway, I got my inkjet working again, for now.

In terms of size... their website is pretty good, but I would think their business is tiny compared to Ritchie St dealers like Delta. Until recently, Delta's website was nothing but a text price list, but when you go there, you can hardly move in the shop for the crowd.

Any news today?

We were out of town yesterday, but I certainly don't feel much enthusiasm to buy from them after this thread. Anyway, I got my inkjet working again, for now.

In terms of size... their website is pretty good, but I would think their business is tiny compared to Ritchie St dealers like Delta. Until recently, Delta's website was nothing but a text price list, but when you go there, you can hardly move in the shop for the crowd.

Customer service of deltaperipherals is very good. When i had a problem with the courier guys, delta responded to my emails quickly and took all necessary steps. They responded to all my emails, even to the mail acknowledging the recept of the item.

Any news today?

I escalated this matter to MD of itdepot and he said he will replace the cabinet. He asked me to send the cabinet back which i did already 2 days ago. They said if they will have the cabinet in stock, they will send it to me immediately, otherwise they will order it and then send it to me. I dont think i will get the cabinet very soon. I told them why should i wait so much? I have made the payment weeks ago and you are telling me to wait 2 more weeks.

I dont see any other option than waiting. I have all tbe PC pheripherals but need cabinet to assemble them. Its so frustrating.!

I have sent the cabinet back and they still havent dispatched the new cabinet. Very poor customer service.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I escalated this matter to MD of itdepot and he said he will replace the cabinet. He asked me to send the cabinet back which i did already 2 days ago. They said if they will have the cabinet in stock, they will send it to me immediately, otherwise they will order it and then send it to me. I dont think i will get the cabinet very soon. I told them why should i wait so much? I have made the payment weeks ago and you are telling me to wait 2 more weeks.

I dont see any other option than waiting. I have all tbe PC pheripherals but need cabinet to assemble them. Its so frustrating.!

I have sent the cabinet back and they still havent dispatched the new cabinet. Very poor customer service.

Better check for pricing at dealers in Nehru Place and Kalkaji. You might get better pricing and a fresh piece. I agree that it is YUCK and a throw away piece (can't even be a display piece with so much damage).

Akhil bro,

If you've acted before 7th day of you billing /delivery date, all you need to do is INSIST on refund. Thats what I did with letsbuy.com and my check is on the way already.I even used words like "Sue", "File a Suit", "Ombudsman" etc in my emails. But letsbuy folks were so kind and friendly to me and problem was resolved with a refund. I hope you get that damn box soon or they get your refund soon. But waiting for the product with your money in their account is sure irritating.

regards

akhil, we understand your frustration. But be patient for a few more days. Probably they didn't get the item back yet. Please track your courier.

I'd say, also, that IT-Depot should have arranged collection. The customer should not have to carry the cost of return.

Better check for pricing at dealers in Nehru Place and Kalkaji. You might get better pricing and a fresh piece. I agree that it is YUCK and a throw away piece (can't even be a display piece with so much damage).

Tried already. There are no dealers of Antec in Delhi. Searched everywhere...

Akhil bro,

If you've acted before 7th day of you billing /delivery date, all you need to do is INSIST on refund. Thats what I did with letsbuy.com and my check is on the way already.I even used words like "Sue", "File a Suit", "Ombudsman" etc in my emails. But letsbuy folks were so kind and friendly to me and problem was resolved with a refund. I hope you get that damn box soon or they get your refund soon. But waiting for the product with your money in their account is sure irritating.

regards

I wanted to use that words but was a little worried. They had my money and I had nothing but this peice of tin. I thought may in heat things would turn out the other way.

Yes I wrote them back the day i got the box. The most frustrating part was; they told me they are doing replacement and they have new box in stock and told me to courier the box back. I couriered them on Monday and gave them the consignment no. Till friday they did nothing and when i bashed at them then on saturday morning they sent me the docket number. Again i have to wait for 7 days. I told them that i dont want to wait and send the box via DTDC Plus. But they still sent it via surface.

Anyway, lesson learned! Wont deal with them again.

akhil, we understand your frustration. But be patient for a few more days. Probably they didn't get the item back yet. Please track your courier.

I am a bit relaxed now as this time i asked for picture of the box they gonna send. So I'm waiting only for the new one to get delivered.

I'd say, also, that IT-Depot should have arranged collection. The customer should not have to carry the cost of return.

I sent it back as "To Pay". Obviously i was not going to pay Rs 1000 for courier. But yes, they would have collected from me. But i dont care as long as i will get my box new this time.

Thanks for the support guys. I was really worried and you really helped me.

I guess I've dealt with them three times in three years. One thing like this on the net does a business a lot of harm (how come, when they are trading on line, they don't realise that?) and if I do go there again, it will be only over-the-counter stuff so I can see what I'm getting.

I suggest you send them a link to this thread.

I've never bought anything online, but I use their shop quite often, sometimes even over Mercy/Delta just because it's a nice big air-conditioned shop and they have all kinds of cool things there :). At the shop I've always found them to be helpful and obliging and their prices are generally quite good, slightly more expensive than mercy/delta, but not too much.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back