My First and pathetic experience with www.TheITDepot.com

I guess I've dealt with them three times in three years. One thing like this on the net does a business a lot of harm (how come, when they are trading on line, they don't realise that?) and if I do go there again, it will be only over-the-counter stuff so I can see what I'm getting.

I suggest you send them a link to this thread.

Yes, in any kind of business, customer satisfaction is on top priority. I dont understand what they had in mind before sending that old box to me. Didn't they realise that I will definitely get pissed off. And if i will then this would be my first and last deal with them.

Sending this thread link will be too much for them. They have sent the new cabinet this time. Hopefully i will receive it soon.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

They have sent the new cabinet this time. Hopefully i will receive it soon.
That is good news.

It is to be hoped that some section manager was trying to improve his figures by sending out a display or return. It is to be hoped that he's got into trouble for that.

Well... we can hope :)

I have had good experience with them. They are definitely better than a lot of other online stores here. A lot better. On the very few occasions I had a problem, I just called them up & they were pretty helpful.

I've been there a few times in the past few weeks, and have found them more helpful than in the past.

One thing they assured me was that they would deal with any warranty issues themselves, whereas, in the past, it is usual (and not just with IT Depot) to have to seek the maker's service centre oneself. Proof of the pudding is in the eating, on that one, and I hope I don't have to make any claim to find out!

I have ordered item worth more than 30K and to my surprise they do not have stock of items and requested me to wait for few days so that they can arrange.

In my 12 year online buying experience I never saw any e-commerce vendor selling item they do not have. As I do not want to encourage this kind of business practice requested them to initiate a refund.

To play a fair game theitdepot should have mentioned the delay at the time of checkout but that was not done.

:mad:

On each product page they will have something like "In stock, ready to deliver," or "Despatch Against Order : Product listed but dispatch depending on Availability."

Do you recall what was said for the products you ordered? Mind you, it is not very clear that "despatch against order" actually means they will source it against our order. That is my assumption. It would be better if they were more straightforward.

In my 12 year online buying experience I never saw any e-commerce vendor selling item they do not have.

I suspect that they often do. This is one advantage, for them, over bricks-and-mortar selling: in an actual shop, if it isn't there you can't buy it, but online is different.

I waited three weeks and still did not receive an item from Pepperfry. They were suitably apologetic, and stated that they could not source from their supplier. They mention different despatch dates for their items, which I suspect includes their supply lead time. Flipkart can deliver many items next day, but on a lot of import-editions of books, music, etc, their delivery times strongly suggest that they will mport only when ordered. It makes sense for these sellers not to tie up capital in stock other than for fast-moving items. I don't mind that, but indeed, they should not mislead.

Did you get your refund promptly? Making sure this happens, and not holding on to customers' money when an order is cancelled is an important measure of a dealer.

By The Way... I was thinking about a new monitor a few days ago (not actually needed: just thinking) and I noticed that the Dell model was available at a noticeably lower price from Flipkart

Last edited:
I have ordered item worth more than 30K and to my surprise they do not have stock of items and requested me to wait for few days so that they can arrange.

In my 12 year online buying experience I never saw any e-commerce vendor selling item they do not have. As I do not want to encourage this kind of business practice requested them to initiate a refund.

To play a fair game theitdepot should have mentioned the delay at the time of checkout but that was not done.

:mad:

On each product page they will have something like "In stock, ready to deliver," or "Despatch Against Order : Product listed but dispatch depending on Availability."

Do you recall what was said for the products you ordered?

This happened with me also for ITDepot for items marked as In-Stock. They called up and said it is a supplier delay but after 4 days they shipped it. I can confirm that this is also the case with theitwares but compared to theitdepot their shipping is free and that too can compete with flipkart speed (may not be next day but definitely next-two-days type). My last experience with theitdepot is quite sour but then again that is my own point of view only.

ItDepot lists the items which they don't have (but will try to arrange) and ones that they have in their stock, though in not so clear words. Their are other worse examples than this. Flipkart for example shows products as in stock and out of stock, but sometimes ordering the items in stock also returns the same result (usually with items on discount).

I have had one experience where the item could not be arranged on itdepot and they refunded my money. I buy from them whenever I need anything for my computer.

I've only had positive experiences with IT depot. Multiple purchases and no complaints. Once there was a major issue - the cabinet I ordered came damaged. I asked for a replacement. Unfortunately maybe due to a design flaw, even the replacement arrived damaged. They were more than helpful in this case where they refunded my money without question and took back the cabinet.

Me too had several positive experience with theitdepot and if I find any items competitively priced then I will definitely order from them again in future. But the fact remains that they should charge lesser for shipping and increase the speed of their order processing which kills the experience in this age of faster delivery promises and that too at nominal to free of cost from the competitors.

Got the item from a shop in Bangalore SP road that too home delivery. Called the number I got from Justdial (Golcha computer) provided the list of items I required.

Within 1 hour they called back and given a quotation that is almost 10% less than Amazon & Flipkart . Saved almost 2000/- and paid 300 Rs for delivery, received the item by 3.30 PM.

An auto driver brought the items and collected the cash. To my surprise package contains 10-15 candy, a free mouse pad, a power cable and laptop cleaning liquid as compliment.

issues with the itDepot and other online sellers helped me to understand the true potential of local dealers.
:)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back