My first ever Audio related project - Sterio Amp !

Where are pics? We are waiting for that.

No pics :p
its too ugly to take its pic...now:eek: but, I promise I would post the pics on Sunday ! Still a lot of work to do.
Did you manage to shatter your neighbors' window panes yet??
Not yet :p but i almost did it to ours !!

The speakers are very sensitive (92db) and powerful (180w rms) ! So, definitely plausible !!!

I need a better cabinet to house the amp and psu boards and bibin has agreed to help me out. Hope he can find a spare case at his place.
Gonna meet him tomorrow.

BTW, there would be nobody at my place tomorrow morning...means I can test it if it can break my neighbour's windows :p
Can't wait !

Last edited:
I got a big Sansui tape deck from bibin3210 which is good but I'm waiting for my local electronics repair guy who promised me to give me an old PA amplifier casing.

Ok guys, I got the quote from Ali but bibin3210 has promised me to build a case faster than him.
So, I'm selecting Bibin's offer !

BTW, I'm facing some problem with the T-754 pre-amp. When I connect my phone through the pre-amp, there is a lot of "hissing".
I didn't have time to test it with another amp..hopefully, I can do it today.
In the meantime, can you guys give some headsup in the "best practices" on connecting different equipments ?
I'm using a cheap RCA AV cable to connect it to the pre-amp. Can it cause such noise ?
Where I can get good quality RCA interconnects ?

Oh..forgot to mention that I connected the amp to my PC yesterday. It sounds really nice !! :)
Watched the Dark Knight Rises and listened to Enigma Vol 2...really nice !
I used JetAudio to play it coz it have a lot of stuff like BBE and X-bass and a 20 band EQ. And yes, I played it with the 60hz line at the max and man...my room was shaking :D

It sounds more powerful with my PC vs Mobile phone but some details are missing. I think the Wolfson DAC on my phone is better than the crap my motherboard has !

Last edited:
I saw a thread here saying that properly grounding the amp's case (to the amp board's ground terminal) should eliminate the noise. Gonna try it after getting home.
Also, would connect the pre-amp ground to the amp's ground terminal.

We could help you only if you post some pics, whatever it may be. Nobody learnt by birth. That preamp is 100% okay, I have tested it with 2 of my setup. I am also curious what is picking hiss, seems wire acting antenna.

I can suggest - don't use phono input for mobile, there are other 3 aux source inputs for that purpose. Phono input is only for MM cart of TT. Volume of mobile should be > 50% to full. Control it from preamp.

Last edited:
We could help you only if you post some pics, whatever it may be. Nobody learnt by birth. That preamp is 100% okay, I have tested it with 2 of my setup. I am also curious what is picking hiss, seems wire acting antenna.

I can suggest - don't use phono input for mobile, there are other 3 aux source inputs for that purpose. Phono input is only for MM cart of TT. Volume of mobile should be > 50% to full. Control it from preamp.

I bought a digital coax cable (MX Audio) and a Belkin 3.5mm to sterio RCA splitter and connected it through the pre-amp and man, the difference is huge !
It sounds really good, especailly the bass...it really "tightened". There is still some hiss (very small, almost inaudible) but thats because of the inadequate shielding of the Belkin cable I guess. I would be buying a pair of budget audiophile interconnects soon and I hope it can shut the hiss up.

I'm loving every minute of the time I get to listen to my rig and as Bibin says, flat EQ is the best..sounds so good. I'm discovering lots of tiny details I missed earlier, especially in the bass region.
There is this song (free at jamendo.com Jamendo - Dance little elves by Amure) Amure - Dance little elves - YouTube
which I didn't like but after hearing it now I have fallen in love with it ! It have a lot of detail in the bottom, missed it completely on my headphone and TV.

I thank everyone who helped me set up this rig, especially bibin3210 (amp), sgautam (speakers) and omishra (pre-amp). I'm so happy :yahoo:
Thanks guys ! :clap:

Last edited:
I bought a digital coax cable (MX Audio) and a Belkin 3.5mm to sterio RCA splitter and connected it through the pre-amp and man, the difference is huge !
It sounds really good, especailly the bass...it really "tightened". There is still some hiss (very small, almost inaudible) but thats because of the inadequate shielding of the Belkin cable I guess. I would be buying a pair of budget audiophile interconnects soon and I hope it can shut the hiss up.

I'm loving every minute of the time I get to listen to my rig and as Bibin says, flat EQ is the best..sounds so good. I'm discovering lots of tiny details I missed earlier, especially in the bass region.
There is this song (free at jamendo.com Jamendo - Dance little elves by Amure) Amure - Dance little elves - YouTube
which I didn't like but after hearing it now I have fallen in love with it ! It have a lot of detail in the bottom, missed it completely on my headphone and TV.

I thank everyone who helped me set up this rig, especially bibin3210 (amp), sgautam (speakers) and omishra (pre-amp). I'm so happy :yahoo:
Thanks guys ! :clap:

I use MX too. I collected MX good quality cables (around 15 pairs) some time ago. Now MX prices have gone up and it is not that easily available in every local diy shop. I remember buying cords in the Rs.300 to 800+ margin including rca stereo cord, 2rca-3.5mm cord, component and composite rca cords. I collected single rca ofc (black, fat ones) which sounds really nice. They were the costliest MX I bought.

I use MX too. I collected MX good quality cables (around 15 pairs) some time ago. Now MX prices have gone up and it is not that easily available in every local diy shop. I remember buying cords in the Rs.300 to 800+ margin including rca stereo cord, 2rca-3.5mm cord, component and composite rca cords. I collected single rca ofc (black, fat ones) which sounds really nice. They were the costliest MX I bought.
Copy that !

I got it from a shop in Oppanakara Street, Coimbatore.
Lots of electronic components shops are there but most of them don't have good interconnect cables !

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back