My first Head phone review

CLEARCUT

Here I want to share my headphones experience. My source is fiio x1, and Samsung s6 edge. Headphone amps are Fiio e11, Fiio e12 mont blanc. Songs are high resolution 320kps Tamil songs. And flac, 24bit x 192khz songs via power amp or jet audio Plus app purchased in play store. Allan Taylor Behind the Mix, Mark Knopflers kill to get the crimson, Privateering, Sangrila, Tracy chapman fast car and other series are my guidline albums. In Tamil number of good recorded albums I use to compare.

The headphones I am going to review here are Sennheiser momentum one, Philips fidelio m2bt, Psb m4u2, Beyerdynamic custom pro, Sennheiser urbanite.

Sennheiser momentum one is over the ear, light weight, good grip but not foldable, sq is super. We can hear through this hp several hours. Mid quality is smooth and natural, hf is detailed, airy, can feel the instruments but mid bass is little bit lacking but the low bass is very good. Totally good sq. Since it has low imp normal smartphone is enough. Removable wires. Two kinds of wires have been attached. Though it is over the ear but it can be wearable comfortable for the whole day. Through One wire iphone can control the play and volume. Over all good hf detailed airy palpable instruments credit goes to momentum.

Philips is on the ear light weight good grip. It is blue tooth compatible. Removeable wire. The wire is heavily shielded one and good in quality. Not foldable. Good finish. Bt is not par with wired. Equally good sq but any how sennheiser's sq perfection is lacking in Philips fidelio. Midbass and low bass are good but in the mid and hf sq Sennheiser momentum is better.

Psb is over the ear, weighty. Gorgeous looking. Costlier hp in this review. Good built up two removeable good wires are attached one more pair of ear cups are given. It is Foldable. Have in Built amp and Noise cancelling but not having BT. Sq is Fantasitc one. Everything is good. It needs good burn in time. Built in amp makes it easy to hear through smartphones. Noise cancelling is also good. Grip is average so we cant move around with this headphone. Hf, mid, Mid bass and low bass everything is perfect. Built up amp is not par with my fiio e11 and mont blanc. But it is more than enough.

Good competition between Psb and momentum one.

Next one is Beyerdynamic custom pro It is heavy , and over the ear. Good grip Cushion is very smooth like feathers. Very good noise Isolation. But due to our climate, sweating on our ears cant be avoided. So we cant hear through this hp long time. It has four sliding ports in both heads. Through we can adjust the vent which will reduce or boost the bass. Which is effective. Of all the four hp this is very low impedance headphone so it is easily being driven by smartphones. Bass is very discrete and tight. My demo Chinese drums sq is the ultimate. Regarding Mid and hf it has some roll offs. MIds are smooth little bit laid back hf is not sharp. Being over ear it has good noise isolation. Totally it is a good headphone too but not the best. Bass frequency is uncomparable but does not bleed into mid freq too. It is original made in Germany engraved on the hp itself.

Urbanite is good built up and good looking on ear. Good grip we can move around every where with it. MOre convenient to wear. Like Beyerdynamic it has good bass not too low bass the bass does not mingle with mid. So the mid frequency also is good not the best. Hf is not roll off just correct to hear. But cant compare with momentum and Psb. This headphone will long laster due to its materials and built up.

I finish my views here, to get a excellent sound signature we need a good hp amplifier irrespective of the ohms or sensitive hp I use Fiio e11, Fiio e12 mont blanc hp amps. Because they are portable and mini and battery operated. But it changes the overall sound signature of the headphone. Even though my headphones are just enough being driven by smartphones When I add my amplifier the entire sound spectrum comes alive. In other words all the sound signature is distortion free and more natural
First place goes to my Psb and Momentum one. Only Small , small difference are between them. Psp costly, weight, Plasticky. Momentum is light but not foldable over all the headphone hf in momentum one is airy, spatial, palpable instruments.

Second place goes to Philips because of its versatility and Sq.

Third place goes to the Urbanite and Beyerdynamic. They are more lovely bassy phones, but very little bit behind in mid and hf. The difference between 2 and 3rd is just 1 to 2% so it is not huge. So they come to third spot. But these headphones have different flavours of sq. According to my son who is younger generation Urbanite and Beyerdynamic occupies first place. Thanks my friend who trusted me. The credit of the review goes to him.

Sound stage: Momentum and Psb are wide open. Next is Philips.

Neturality: All Hps are neutral or nearly neutral not v factor sound stage. But pure neutral is Psb then only momentum. Philips and others have little bit variable sq. Urbanite and Beyer are bass oriented and mid and hf little below from the neutral.

If your choice of purchase is the best irrespective of cost go for Psb it has all facilities. Audio purist grade but heavy

If you look for budget and the best too go for Momentum the over ear hp not on the ear. Make a note Momentum has potential of low bass. When I hooked it with my mont blanc chance less performance.

If you want value for money choose Philips. Bt is big advantage. Sq sound stage is better not the best. Good built up comfortable wearing gives good marks for this hp

If you want smooth listening go for urbanite not irritating sound. Good looking and built up. Young generation can wear it around the neck like beats. It is built to last long. I come to know it is better than Beats.

If you want good bass go for beyer I will say the mid and highs are smooth not roll off in it. I have never heard clear bass from any other headphones. High sensitive too.

But my choice is Momentum one. Allan taylors husky and mannly voice silky smooth mid and razor sharp but not irritating hf (strings violin, and cymbals) are just like my B&W 801 mk3. More over light weight you will not feel it on your head, but good grip. When you Play good recorded flac or 24x192 songs momentum is amazing. Since it is non distorted hp I use to hear through this for hours.

But Over all king is Psb.

Last edited:
All credits goes to u only. Thanks for having trust with me.

I just ordered a Philips shp9500,wonder why they don't sell Fidelio x2 and l2 here in India but they sell Fidelio m2 Bluetooth.Hope they sell them here soon.I am saving money for the x2

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back