My First HT Room !!!

Aquarian09

Hello guys,

So finally I moved into a new place. It's a beautiful Villa in a gated community.
Everything else is settled in every room.
While searching for new house I was also checking if I can have some place to set-up a dedicated Home Theater place.

So, like that I happened to end-up here

Like I said, this is a Duplex Villa, on first floor I have 2 bedrooms and a family room/lounge.

This family room is where I am planning my HT

Room dimensions are 18ft x 10ft x 9ft(height)

Here's a rough sketch of the room
room.jpg

The back of the room (staircase area) is open. Won't it be a problem? Will wait for your update. And also let us know about the component.

The back of the room (staircase area) is open. Won't it be a problem? Will wait for your update. And also let us know about the component.

hello :)
you r rite, I am also worried about the same, I will put the curtains tomorrow and see. But, I dont have any other choice :(
I am getting some room acoustics also done to it.
Before the carpets were put, it was like hell, after the carpets, I felt lot of difference, it improved very much, I hope there will be good improvement after i get the curtains done.
As of now there is still resound in the room.

I'll keep you all updated :)

Equipment:
I have with me now,
Onkyo HT S3500
PS3
Samsung BD-F-5100

I have ordered:
Optoma HD141X 3D Full HD Projector
120inch InstaLock Screen

Cheers,
Aditya

Looks good mate.

I'm in agreement about a closed room. I used my HT in the hall previously but too many open spaces and also cannot go too loud because of family. I've since moved it to the bedroom, but again the trade off is no late night watching. A dedicated room for the home theater and gaming is a must... but not always an option.

You can close the back of the room using glass. While glass is not at all good for acoustics, it is probably the best bet for your room - it will look classy and also serve the purpose. You could hang thick curtains inside the glass to reduce the reverberations.
You seem to be serious about a true HT - if you do not make it a closed room, the enjoyment you will derive from your equipment will be compromised. You cannot play loud, you cannot play when you want, you can't play at night etc.

Congratulations on your nice villa.

The area that you have shown is typically meant for a family sitting room.

I am also of the opinion that you should completely close off the rear side. I would suggest use of a wooden partition with door. The dimensions are 18' x 10' which in my personal opinion is too rectangular. Hence I would say, leave a 2.5' area near the stairs open and then fix a thick wooden partition. A 15' x 10' area will be better for dedicated viewing.

Thanx for all the replies,

I understand about closing the rear side of the room.
But believe me, I would have done that if there was a chance and budget.
I understand very much how important it is for a serious person who want to enjoy HT System to the core :D

I have been reading and writing about HT's from past 3 years, I am a active member in hometheatershack, I didnt know there was a site for India until someone in hometheatershack told me. So, I totally understand that.

But I cant do that. So, I compromised on it.

In future you guys will see some serious SHIT from me :D this is just the beginning :D
This is my First HT setup, I wanted it to be as simple as possible and dont want to spend more.
Right now, there is lot of re-sound in the room.
I am calling in a HT acoustics guys to my place this week, and gonna get some treatment done for the room.
Let me start with this, theres more to come when I have a Dedicated Room for HT and believe me my Dedicated Room will TOTALLY ROCK :)

Where did you buy the 120" instalock screen and how much did it cost. pls can you advise further details?

Hey there :)

thanks for your reply.

Yes, there is this guy in Hyderabad, he deals with Advanced brand it seems.
www.advanced-inc.com
His quote for 120 inch screen is 11,800Rs
Others who r providing Liberty r quoting from 5,000 to 7,500 Rs

I have not finalized on it yet. I will finalize by this weekend.
I will keep you guys updated about it.

Cheers,
Aditya

Last edited:
Back