My first post - Looking for good HTIB within 25K for 23x11 feet room

veeraa.pandian.c

I am new to this Forum. I am planning to buy my first Home Theatre system.
I have Videocon d2h HD STB , My usage would be 90% music and TV (Videocon STB) and less movies thorugh DVD player.

I am living in Chennai. My budget is Rs.25000/- max.

Could you please suggest me some good Home Theatre system and where we can buy it in Chennai ?

Home Theaters and HtIB (home theater in a box) are worst for music. Since your main concern is music, I would suggest you to buy a pair of good Bookshelves and AVR from either Yamaha or Marantz.
You may need to stretch your budget a little (10k) but this will be better option.

Wharfedale DIAMOND 10.1 (18k) and Marantz NR1402 (24k)
Boston Acoustics A 26

You can buy the surrounds and subwoofer later.

In fact, if your first love is music, I would suggest to build your system around music. Buy a good stereo amplifier, a pair of good bookshelves and hook them up to your setup. Use the DVD player for the time being and upgrade to a decent CD player/DAC when you have the budget.

Like Rupam said, most systems (at least at the entry level) that are meant for movies will not work well for music. But, a good music setup can still provide decent sound for movies (even in 2.0 - stereo configuration). I connect my music setup (floorstanders + stereo amplifier) to my DVD player and watch movies once in a while - pretty good I would say.

Best,
APK

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back