My first Turntable

What about a Naim Stageline to go along with your Naim amp? I think the Stageline can be powered by the Nait 5.

With a Naim deck and a Naim amplifier, if the budget allows, wouldn't it be nice if you kept the preamp in the same family? (Correction noted :eek:)

Congratulations on a piece of equipment that looks beautiful, and carries a badge that, has been mentioned, many would die for.

I bet it will all sound wonderful!

Last edited:
Congratulations Sunder!

Welcome to the vinyl family! That table will last you a while with enough upgrade options to explore as and when you want to up the performance. The cart seems to be oc family. http://www.needledoctor.com/Online-Store/Audio-Technica-Phono-Cartridges

From reports of some linn owners they prefer lighter support racks not heavy damped ones.

Lehmann audio, Graham slee, are a couple of good options for phonostages to start off with. You could go solid state or tube. Check out linn forums to see what linnies use.

Regards

With a Naim deck and a Naim amplifier, if the budget allows, wouldn't it be nice if you kept the preamp in the same family?

Congratulations on a piece of equipment that looks beautiful, and carries a badge that, has been mentioned, many would die for.

I bet it will all sound wonderful!

It's a Linn deck and naim amp. Yeah it will be nice to have naim phono state , it's bit on the higher side of the budget , hummm I may have I squeeze in .

Then I think my speakers will become the weak link as its Polk tsi400

Congratulations Sunder!

Welcome to the vinyl family! That table will last you a while with enough upgrade options to explore as and when you want to up the performance. The cart seems to be oc family. Audio-Technica Phono Cartridges

From reports of some linn owners they prefer lighter support racks not heavy damped ones.

Lehmann audio, Graham slee, are a couple of good options for phonostages to start off with. You could go solid state or tube. Check out linn forums to see what linnies use.

Regards

Yeah that looks like the cartridge , so It looks like I have a very decent cart to start with . Yeah I will check the linn forum and see what upgrade options I have, but I feel for now I have an above average setting to use it as it is for some time ..

Then I think my speakers will become the weak link as its Polk tsi400

First off, congrats on the new acquisition. As is, it should be already a world class deck. As already pointed out there are almost infinite upgrade options for the LP 12.

I think your TSI 400 will be the bottle neck in your setup. An upgrade is called for as and when you are upto it.

Hi Guys,

After contemplating about buying Rega RP6 for so long, today I came across this Linn LP 12 Sondek and I don't know why I felt so connected to it, I bought it in a heart beat..Uploading first set of pictures, more to follow..

It has a low output MC Cart.I still have not bought a phono-stage, I am going to buy naim 5i Integrated Amp, could you please suggest what phono-stage would suit this setup ? (Something not so expensive ) ::eek:hyeah:

Anyone out there using this TT ? Any reviews / advise / Opinion ? ::licklips:

Congratulations Mr. Sunder. Looking sooooo!!! good.
The Arm looks like one from "Zeta". Is it so?
-Anil

Congrats on the LP12. I think the tone arm is Linn Basik LV X tonearm. Recently I got a Linn LV V (S) tonerm and the build quality is pretty good, planning to pair it with Denon 103 / similar.

Congratulations. I use LP12 also. Art Dudley of stereophile is the big dude on LP12s and you can do worse than to read his views on power supply upgrades. Also remember that it is an extremely finicky TT when it comes to set up, because of its sprung suspension. Linn is famous for insisting that only their trained dealers set it up. The manual is generally sufficient, but it is anything but straight forward to get suspension tuning right the first few times. The quickest test is the famous linn bounce test. Hopefully the previous owner has set it up perfectly before giving it to you, so that you can enjoy its magic for an year before needing to retune.

Congratulations. I use LP12 also. Art Dudley of stereophile is the big dude on LP12s and you can do worse than to read his views on power supply upgrades. Also remember that it is an extremely finicky TT when it comes to set up, because of its sprung suspension. Linn is famous for insisting that only their trained dealers set it up. The manual is generally sufficient, but it is anything but straight forward to get suspension tuning right the first few times. The quickest test is the famous linn bounce test. Hopefully the previous owner has set it up perfectly before giving it to you, so that you can enjoy its magic for an year before needing to retune.

Thanks Gerry_the_Merry..

What tonearm, cart, Phono do you use ? I am buying it from a shop so he is setting it up all for me.

DO you do anything specific to keep the plinth in condition / good looking ?

Congrats on the LP12. I think the tone arm is Linn Basik LV X tonearm. Recently I got a Linn LV V (S) tonerm and the build quality is pretty good, planning to pair it with Denon 103 / similar.

Hi Cmsajith,

What's the weight of your Linn tonearm? Even with an SME 3012 people find that a cart weight of 3 gms or so helps load the suspension better since it's quite a low compliance cart. You might want to check those weights out. Freely available on ebay UK. Will be getting one when I get the denon.

Regards

Sunder, My friends had recoomended a Puresound P10 for a phono a while ago and a Graham Slee was mentioned in a similar price range. Maybe you coul audition these if your dealer has them available?

Sundar I use an sme 3009 improved. It can take mm carts mainly. I may later switch over my non-improved sme from my other TT if I want to put heavier carts. The phono is an accuphase ad-20 which is capable of taking mm/homc/lomc carts without the need for transformers. The maintenance of the plinth is done mainly by polishing it. Reprinting or modifying it n anyway will impair originality which I don't follow or recommend. You can however be creative in designing a light stool as recommended by linn and match it with the colour of the plinth.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back