My first Turntable

Sunderpalanivel

Hi Guys,

After contemplating about buying Rega RP6 for so long, today I came across this Linn LP 12 Sondek and I don't know why I felt so connected to it, I bought it in a heart beat..Uploading first set of pictures, more to follow..

It has a low output MC Cart.I still have not bought a phono-stage, I am going to buy naim 5i Integrated Amp, could you please suggest what phono-stage would suit this setup ? (Something not so expensive ) ::eek:hyeah:

Anyone out there using this TT ? Any reviews / advise / Opinion ? ::licklips:

Last edited:
Hi,

Congratulations.The Linn LP12 is a great TT.

The arm looks like a Linn Basik or Akito can't make out from the pictures. Both good arms and work well on the Linn.

What cartridge are you using? Phono stage will depend on the cartridges you use/ plan to use.

Linn +Naim. Ah! the good old flat earth days.:)

Try to listen to your Linn,Naim combination with a pair of ATC speakers.

Regards
Rajiv

Last edited:
Hi,

Congratulations.The Linn LP12 is a great TT.

The arm looks like a Linn Basik or Akito can't make out from the pictures. Both good arms and work well on the Linn.

What cartridge are you using? Phono stage will depend on the cartridges you use/ plan to use.

Linn +Naim. Ah! the good old flat earth days.:)

Try to listen to your Linn,Naim combination with a pair of ATC speakers.

Regards
Rajiv

Yes the tonearm is Linn Basik, and the cart is a Low Output MC, I don't remember the name (I remember seeing three characters written on it and its in gold colour , sorry I was so excited that I did not ask the name of the cart) I am picking it up in coming week.

Is the Basik tonearm good enough to use expensive carts like Dynavector ?

By the way, I have Polk Audio Tsi 400 FS speakers and planning to use it for now..Should it be fine ?

Thanks,
Sunder.

Last edited:
Congrats on the Linn LP12 Sunderpalanivel. The Sondek is a very good deck. Enjoy!!

today I came across this Linn LP 12 Sondek and I don't know why I felt so connected to it, I bought it in a heart beat
Hehehe, thats how it is with a good sounding Analog setup, there is a connection, a dialogue that happens within...something which I find difficult to describe in words :).

Hi Sunderpalanivel,

Not to go off topic, I got a GIFT of a turntable "Philips" from a friend of mine, who said "WHO LISTENS TO VINYL?" :D

His loss, my benefit :) I got a set of about 10 records to start off with, then who knows.

Will post the pictures here itself, if you dont mind this thread getting hijacked!

Vinod

That is an Audio-Technica, going by the logo. I did a quick search on google images and guess it might be an AT-F7, I may be wrong though.

Thanks for that, yes it does look like Audio-Technica. But not sure about exact model. Wil know when I have the TT next week :clapping:

Will update

Hey Sunder,

Fantastic catch! Sir Sondek as the LP12 is lovingly called by Linn aficionado's. If you want to really make the LP12 magical, you sure have to spend a good amount of coin! From carts to tonearms to power to phono ...... will take a toll!!! Become a member of the Linn forum & be prepared to go nuts!~!!! :D

May it give you lots of memorable moments in due course of time.

Enjoy
:)

Hey Sunder,

Fantastic catch! Sir Sondek as the LP12 is lovingly called by Linn aficionado's. If you want to really make the LP12 magical, you sure have to spend a good amount of coin! From carts to tonearms to power to phono ...... will take a toll!!! Become a member of the Linn forum & be prepared to go nuts!~!!! :D

May it give you lots of memorable moments in due course of time.

Enjoy
:)

Yeah I agree, I will have to spend some money to make tt sound better , for now I am trying to settle with good source and I am planning to buy naim 5i. Still have no decided on phono for MC cart, looking for advise on the same.

Yeah I agree, I will have to spend some money to make tt sound better , for now I am trying to settle with good source and I am planning to buy naim 5i. Still have no decided on phono for MC cart, looking for advise on the same.

Depending on your budget, you could look at the following phono stages,

Pro Ject
Creek
EAR 834P

I think the project and Cambridge Audio phono stages are relatively cheap second hand .

Depending on your budget, you could look at the following phono stages,

Pro Ject
Creek
EAR 834P

I think the project and Cambridge Audio phono stages are relatively cheap second hand .

I will be buying a new phono stage, I will be happy only if I buy it new :eek:hyeah:, but I bought the TT in second hand because, I really don't know why, perhaps because of the way the previous owner has maintained it..even the dust cover has no single scratch and to my surprise the original packing is still intact for this 20 years old TT.. I really don't know why but I felt connected to it ,I thinks its all the love that guy had showered on the TT, now can't wait to start playing it :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back