My first Turntable

Hi,
If you can DIY,this one is hard to beat Here It Is: The All Singing All Dancing HTMCPS - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums and can be had under $100

Regards,
Sachin

I am very bad at DIY. I have decided to get a Rega MC Phono and Naim 5i

By the way today I took delivery of the TT, went during lunch time and picked it up and dropped at home and came back, evening will set it up and take few more pics and share with you guys. I think it will be this weekend before I could get the phono and naim amp due to the extensive audition I have to do I have booked a demo on Saturday, I am taking my speakers and TT to the shop.

Last edited:
I am very bad at DIY. I have decided to get a Rega MC Phono and Naim 5i

By the way today I tool delivery of the TT, went during lunch time and picked it up and dropped at home and came back, evening will set it up and take few more pics and share with you guys. I think it will be this weekend before I could get the phono and naim amp due to the extensive audition I have to do I have booked a demo on Saturday, I am taking my speakers and TT to the shop.

Great,we are waiting for pics.

Regards,
Sachin

Hi Cmsajith,

What's the weight of your Linn tonearm? Even with an SME 3012 people find that a cart weight of 3 gms or so helps load the suspension better since it's quite a low compliance cart. You might want to check those weights out. Freely available on ebay UK. Will be getting one when I get the denon.

Regards

Effective mass: 13.5g
Effective length: 229mm
Overhang: 18mm
Cartridge offset angle: 24 degrees
Mounting distance: 211mm

Congratulations Sunder. Super start into the analog world !! Just dont shy from buying LPs even though you may find it expensive to buy new from stores, spend on music.

Congrats for buying one of the most desirable TTs ever. I hope it is properly set up. I understand your TT can either give you lot of pleasure when properly set up or lots of pain when not well set up. All the best in your new venture into analogue listening
Regds
kuruvilajacob

Congrats for buying one of the most desirable TTs ever. I hope it is properly set up. I understand your TT can either give you lot of pleasure when properly set up or lots of pain when not well set up. All the best in your new venture into analogue listening
Regds
kuruvilajacob

Regds
kuruvilajacob

Yes, it is completely and properly set up by the guy who is trained in Linn. It sounded really nice in the shop, just waiting for this Saturday so that I will have my amp :clapping:

I am buying Rega fono MC to use with Naim 5i.

Anyone has this this combo ?

I am thinking that the shop guy will suggest naim speaker cables as well. But I am already using monster cables. What do you guys think ? should Monster be good enough ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back