My HT Journey so far and counting

The biggest question is yet to be answered, do you notice a difference?

You will have to re run audyssey and make changes, but when I had installed handful of such panels, I definitely had to increase volume few db's higher than usual without redoing the audyssey.
You may definitely see a improvement in the Audyssey app pre vs post for the frequency graphs.

Congratulations @Love4sound, love your dedication to get things right and invest time and money in right direction.

Congratulations. How is the sound before and after installing acoustic panels?
The biggest question is yet to be answered, do you notice a difference?

You will have to re run audyssey and make changes, but when I had installed handful of such panels, I definitely had to increase volume few db's higher than usual without redoing the audyssey.
You may definitely see a improvement in the Audyssey app pre vs post for the frequency graphs.

Congratulations @Love4sound, love your dedication to get things right and invest time and money in right direction.
Well I have to check later. Haven’t got the EB issues fixed yet. One subwoofer was replaced so I need to calibrate using mini dsp and run Audysey again. I used to listen to few songs regularly in YouTube in stereo and few movie songs in amazon prime without subs. So last night for a hour I listened to the same tracks. I noticed separations are much better and also I can now reduce 4-5 DB and hear details clearly. Later I will re-calibrate and check with measurements as well. Now i am researching how to treat corners with bass traps. Found a corner bass trap tube by a brand called hertz who claim it’s effective made with their own wool called Sparta wool.

You can even use normal acoustic panels in corners. But dedicated bass traps will fair better. I am using rockwool panels on sides and corners as well.

You can even use normal acoustic panels in corners. But dedicated bass traps will fair better. I am using rockwool panels on sides and corners as well.
Initially i planned rockwool but since i will be using the room for long hours and even to sleep at times i changed to polywool which is more safe compared to rockwool but less effective compared.

Good stuff. See if you can use a curtain or something over the TV (when using it for music) as it would be one reflective surface you can avoid.
Hahah all my stereo sessions are YouTube only. I can’t just listen to music. I need some video for sure. I know the quality will be much better if it’s via airplay but still I am not very much in to music so YouTube is good enough for me. So planning for curtains to cover slab alone

Well some minor changes with the room. Installed some good movie posters and acoustic panels made with polyester wool. Some more finishing touch pending. Have to install black curtains to cover both slabs and also some touch up work to cover the foam marks in the wall

Living up to your handle, huh? The efforts are admirable. Hope you achieve what you're looking for.

Forget the bass, you're trapped for sure.

Hahah all my stereo sessions are YouTube only. I can’t just listen to music. I need some video for sure. I know the quality will be much better if it’s via airplay but still I am not very much in to music so YouTube is good enough for me. So planning for curtains to cover slab alone
Big same pinch :D

Even iam lately discovering that I like music on YouTube, the visual part adds to the experience for me. And your room is really well done bro. Enjoy your new sound to the hilt :)

Big same pinch :D

Even iam lately discovering that I like music on YouTube, the visual part adds to the experience for me. And your room is really well done bro. Enjoy your new sound to the hilt :)
Include me in that tribe! I guess the point is about catering to ones needs rather than that of the artist i.e. "recreating music the way the artist intended".

In the passion for sound, people tend to forget that it is not about getting the most accurate sound but the most pleasing sound. And in this case, the most pleasing/fulfilling experience.

Of course, it would be ideal if both can be accomplished in good measure without compromising on the other. To that end, do try out videos on Tidal. The Audio Quality on most tracks is better than of the corresponding videos found on Youtube. In fact, I was subscribed to Tidal for this feature alone and not MQA though i have the requisite hardware.

Making use of the foam panels that where removed :) Covered the entrance door. Front stage being black brings so much immersive improvements with the Tv performance

Attachments

• AA85B97E-FA47-4E4A-9BB7-9E2A6AE57E4A.jpeg
    AA85B97E-FA47-4E4A-9BB7-9E2A6AE57E4A.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 204
I have installed panels and covered the maximum possible space in the front. Both visually and audio wise now I got improvements. Now only issue I need to address is reverb time which is very high. Just a glimpse of front, top and rear

Attachments

• CECB8FEE-27BF-47F2-A283-CE412D300DE8.jpeg
    CECB8FEE-27BF-47F2-A283-CE412D300DE8.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 199
  • F6AA350A-35A7-4550-AB6D-6A20BDA59428.jpeg
    F6AA350A-35A7-4550-AB6D-6A20BDA59428.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 204
For heights at surrounds. Waiting for DIY Pa for LCR by forum member Aniket
Had a lot of unexpected expenses so cancelled my plan for a PA to power my LCR. Happy with what I have for now and connected only the top rear height speakers to avr. Over all the soundstage is good with the basx 7 powering the LCR, surrounds and top front heights

Back