My HT Setup - Finally up (raman340)

Hello raman,

hi Raman,
thanks for information about worldspace. read about its bankruptcy.:sad:

Artis s6600R is a very good 5.1 system soundwise. in other words, it is an amplifier which has 5.1 analogue input and output. quality of sound: excellent. but did not give adequate sound amplitude while watching DVDs and there is no decoder, no coaxial/optical input.

Yamaha RXV 361 is a 5.1 AV receiver. i bought it maily for music and movies. my video out is DVI to DVI from PC to LCD screen directly. so i don't need video features of AV receiver. that is why i have bought a low end receiver.

so both the systems are 5.1. what i intend to do is use Artis speakers with Yamaha receiver. Now yamaha does not accept anything under 6 ohm and i don't know specifications of the Artis speakers. ( not written on drivers either). so i wanted to know how did you pair your Artis speakers with your AV receiver?

regards

Artis s6600R is a very good 5.1 system soundwise. in other words, it is an amplifier which has 5.1 analogue input and output. quality of sound: excellent. but did not give adequate sound amplitude while watching DVDs and there is no decoder, no coaxial/optical input.
In my setup I have simply plugged in the Sats in the Denon1909 5.1 inputs.
The Sub out is fed straight into the Artis from the AVR. I have separated the sats and sub.

so both the systems are 5.1. what i intend to do is use Artis speakers with Yamaha receiver. Now yamaha does not accept anything under 6 ohm and i don't know specifications of the Artis speakers. ( not written on drivers either). so i wanted to know how did you pair your Artis speakers with your AV receiver?

regards
Artis is 4ohms. I purchased Denon after considering the fact that Denon propagandizes Low impedance handling. But even I don't drive the unit near 0's. I have set volume limiter to -10dB. Have provided fans to drive out any hot air. I have heard Yamaha's getting hotter with 4 Ohm loads. And so does Onkyo. Although manufacturers generally make the unit a step greater than its prescribed limit. You can inquire with the dealer from where you bought from regarding 4ohm handling. I believe your Yamaha's manual must be stating that it has a protection circuitry. Initially you can keep the volume low and start increasing till you feel its comfortable or you start to feel that the amp is getting hot. But with CAUTION.

Hi raman,

You are right about the impedence. I opened the speakers again yesterday. microlabs 4 ohm was written on satellites and centre one was 8ohms each, paired in parallel so again 4 ohm.so i won't use it with Yamaha although i do not go louder than -25 while listening to songs.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back