My HT SetUp

srinisundar

Hello friends,

My HT setup is simple...:)

Full HD Projector- Mistsubishi HC4900( ceiling mounted- 15 ft from screen)
Marantz receiver : SR7002
High definition BR Disc Player- Sony PS3 80GB - Region A
DVD Player- Sony / Toshibha / Samsung- Bought different to play different region DVD's.
Speakers & woofer system- Jamo
VCR- Ofcourse i do have lot of VHS tapes and for that Panosonic.
DTH : Sun Direct( going to try HD telecast next month)

Regards
Srinisundar

Attachments

• DSC02999.jpg
    DSC02999.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 425
Hi,

Congrats on your nice set up. Have a blast!

But why so many DVDPs:confused: One player and a simple region hack would have sufficed.

cheers,
sri

Hello friends,

DVD Player- Sony / Toshibha / Samsung- Bought different to play different region DVD's.

Regards
Srinisundar

Hey!!

Good clean setup.

You have not mentioned the make and size of the screen.
Also, I feel the height of the rack is blocking the bottom of the screen. Interesting to see floorstanders on stands!! Can u tell us the reason for the same? I am quite curious.

Thanks

Hello friends,

Regards
Srinisundar

superb,keep going bro best of luck

HI

I am not trying to be cynical just friendly advice. Your screen is oversize for the space. Due to this, your speakers are squished. also not sure if htey are toe'd in or not.

YOu have limited options - either replace with a smaller screen and let the speakers breathe. OR raise the screen further so you cna get your speakers on the ground without interfering with the picture.

This may also allow you to place your components on the side. Right now I would be surprised if you were geting the best out of your setup.
Hello friends,

Regards
Srinisundar

Dear Srikar,

There i lacked... earlier dont have much thought about region hacking and when i bought sony upscale dvd player I lost lot my patience when lot of my old DVD's are not playing, then went for toshibha, since read the model can be hacked. Still have some problems with local DVD's purchased( play in PC's not in DVD player)

Regards

Srini

Hi,

Congrats on your nice set up. Have a blast!

But why so many DVDPs:confused: One player and a simple region hack would have sufficed.

cheers,
sri

Hi Sumit,
Thanks.. It is only an wall with frame....I have done goo screen paint earlier given by my friend who bought it from USA, but it has not come out very well, since i experimented myself... then i went for normal matt white paint and worked out good... I tried half white/ white and last landed in Matt white... Seems to be good... This week finalizing 6x8 Motorized screen from Panoview or Liberty.. Wil try to have a demo this week.

Regards

Srini
Hey!!

Good clean setup.

You have not mentioned the make and size of the screen.
Also, I feel the height of the rack is blocking the bottom of the screen. Interesting to see floorstanders on stands!! Can u tell us the reason for the same? I am quite curious.

Thanks

Hi Spirovoious,

Thanks, I am planning to put vinyl wooden flooring.

With regards

Srini

QUOTE=spirovious;78052]Nice one,you may need thick carpet on floor to avoid reflections.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Thanks for your advice, still i am finding time to come to your residence,,,, sure i will drop in this week...

Yes, I am going with Vinyl wooden flooring as per your suggestion.. I am planning with false ceiling work / Further AV racks / Motorized screen all before this month end.

With regards

Srini

Very simple and neat, you also try Vinyl Wooden Flooring which costs aroudn 35 rs / sq.ft , would give a nice feel :)

Hi,

Thanks and i do agree on your point.. Only my problem is this is not an dedicated HT.. It is an living room cum HT. Hence daily mobbing( water) were done on the floor, afraid bottom portion will get soon damaged because of wet ( ladies dont care too much on our AV)... So put it on a stand... when watching movie it will come down.

Floorstanders are supposed to be put on the floor. Decent setup otherwise.

Dear Marsilians,

Thanks for your open comment.

I also fall in the category of watching and utilizing full space with Picture..big.. big. bigg... But my speaker will come down whenever watching movies, since i kept above to avoid wet( mobbing done everyday in my house).

Regards

Srini

HI

I am not trying to be cynical just friendly advice. Your screen is oversize for the space. Due to this, your speakers are squished. also not sure if htey are toe'd in or not.

YOu have limited options - either replace with a smaller screen and let the speakers breathe. OR raise the screen further so you cna get your speakers on the ground without interfering with the picture.

This may also allow you to place your components on the side. Right now I would be surprised if you were geting the best out of your setup.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back